Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Media Bias and the Universal Leftist Agenda
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neocon101
n00b
n00b


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Media Bias and the Universal Leftist Agenda Reply with quote

Leftists (libs, commies, socialists, democrats...) have a strangle-hold on our media. This is a fact.

Leftists do not see distinctions of nationality, race, or denomination. They see themselves as part of a greater whole, something they call "humanity". They go even further and label themselves as "living beings", thus including themselves in the same category as otters, crustaceons and ferral dogs. This is the lens through which they see the world; they do not see it as it truly is.

Back during World War II, victories over the Nazis and Japanese were displayed proudly in newspapers. Today there is no such awknowledgement of the progress being made in the Iraq War. All we see are the death tolls of our troops, the death tolls of civilians, reports of massacres carried out by battered troops. What has changed since then? I'll tell you what: a radical movement to the left in those who control out media. If the media was controlled by the companies who have a vested interest in a positive public opinion of the war, then we would be seeing the the absolute truth of how things really are going on over there.

Fox News is a step in the right direction, but it is only a drop in the bucket; Groups like national public radio, which recieve government funding to spout their propaganda over the airwaves should be shut down and restocked with reporters and writers selected by the administration. Papers like the New York Times, which leak vital government secrets should also be shut down. Secrecy is a weapon agaist Terrorism (our enemy), and when that weapon is comprimised, it is an act of Treason against The United States Of America.

I'm wondering if anyone has any idea how this has been allowed to happen? How have these elitists gained total control over our media?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
papal_authority
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 31 Mar 2004
Posts: 1823
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Albert got another troll account.
_________________
The free market gave me gonorrhea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neocon101
n00b
n00b


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papal_authority wrote:
Looks like Albert got another troll account.

The difference between Albert_Alligator and me is that I'm not afraid to say the things he really wants to.

But no, I'm not him. This is typical of leftist thought patterns: how could there be more than one of us? Well, I have news for you, We're the majority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neocon101
n00b
n00b


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leftist trash-news artists are claiming that the media is being increasingly controlled by corporations; I argue, how is this a bad thing? Corporations have more money and more resources than you average angry, leftists blogger. They can get you more news, and better news, and they will. What incentive do they have not to?

This is all part of the Universal Leftist Agenda to discredit the time-testing and proven methods of a Capitalist Economy. There's more math behind Capitalism than there is socialism or communism; Marx was simply a philosopher and semanticist. He thought in words, and manipulated them for his needs, while great minds like John Nash and Adam Smith and used mathematics to prove their points. Economics has a long history of complicated mathematics that only a few very, very smart people can understand (not including me, BTW), but I trust the layman's translations of these mathematics.


Last edited by neocon101 on Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albert_Alligator
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 12 May 2004
Posts: 193
Location: Okefenokee Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papal_authority wrote:
Looks like Albert got another troll account.


I think it's you trying to cause a firestorm. It certainly isn't me.
_________________
As Socrates once said "I drank what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troll baiting can be fun, but only when trolls somehow get suckered into a discussion. It is a difficult thing to achieve, however.

So, just d0n+ f33d t3h +r0||z!!!!111!
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albert_Alligator
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 12 May 2004
Posts: 193
Location: Okefenokee Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningwithscissors wrote:
Troll baiting can be fun, but only when trolls somehow get suckered into a discussion. It is a difficult thing to achieve, however.

So, just d0n+ f33d t3h +r0||z!!!!111!


Why, you full? :wink: :lol: :lol: :P
_________________
As Socrates once said "I drank what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert_Alligator wrote:
runningwithscissors wrote:
Troll baiting can be fun, but only when trolls somehow get suckered into a discussion. It is a difficult thing to achieve, however.

So, just d0n+ f33d t3h +r0||z!!!!111!


Why, you full? :wink: :lol: :lol: :P


No. Your views are just unpalatable.
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 22 Mar 2004
Posts: 2056

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
Marx was simply a philosopher and semanticist. He thought in words, and manipulated them for his needs, while great minds like John Nash and Adam Smith and used mathematics to prove their points.

Sorry, but this is factually wrong, go back and do your homework. kthxbai
Quote:
Economics has a long history of complicated mathematics that only a few very, very smart people can understand (not including me, BTW)

Yes, you're right, you really don't get it.

/me goes back working on his FAQ about socialism/communism.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neocon101
n00b
n00b


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-collective wrote:
neocon101 wrote:
Marx was simply a philosopher and semanticist. He thought in words, and manipulated them for his needs, while great minds like John Nash and Adam Smith and used mathematics to prove their points.

Sorry, but this is factually wrong, go back and do your homework. kthxbai
Quote:
Economics has a long history of complicated mathematics that only a few very, very smart people can understand (not including me, BTW)

Yes, you're right, you really don't get it.

/me goes back working on his FAQ about socialism/communism.

Thanks for those biting counter-examples. My argument is in shambles.

Anyway, thisi s typical of the left: throwing out wild accusations and propganda. I'm really not surprised at all at your arrogance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
Leftist trash-news artists are claiming that the media is being increasingly controlled by corporations; I argue, how is this a bad thing?


It is not a 'bad' thing as such, however it is not desirable. Corporations act in self interest, and have enough power and finances to quell or discredit opposing viewpoints. People are free to make up their minds about the information they receive, however, there are few people exercising that option. Jus like their OS, they want their ideology well set up and spoon fed.

neocon101 wrote:
Corporations have more money and more resources than you average angry, leftists blogger. They can get you more news, and better news, and they will. What incentive do they have not to?


Sadly, they play a major role in shaping public opinion. I wish it weren't the case, but it is. You have papers and other media sensationalising cases in which the public already pass judgements before a trial is even completed. People see a report and aparticularly graphic verbal recreation of a crime, and immediately start calling for the head of the accused.

Besides, what do you have against bloggers? Nobody forces you to consider their views. Leave them be.

neocon101 wrote:
This is all part of the Universal Leftist Agenda to discredit the time-testing and proven methods of a Capitalist Economy.


That is bollocks.

neocon101 wrote:
There's more math behind Capitalism than there is socialism or communism; Marx was simply a philosopher and semanticist. He thought in words, and manipulated them for his needs, while great minds like John Nash and Adam Smith and used mathematics to prove their points.


I don't know if your claim is true. But pure capitalism does not work. Just like pure socialism does not work. In fact, there are no countries in the world that practice extreme capitalism or socialism.

neocon101 wrote:
Economics has a long history of complicated mathematics that only a few very, very smart people can understand (not including me, BTW), but I trust the layman's translations of these mathematics.


No. Economics is not complicated. It is just riddled with a lot of details that the economists hope the laymen will miss. Economics is simply an analysis of the value of products and services. Try reading the business page of a newspaper sometime. Most of the stuff reported is speculation rather than actual analysis.
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erikm
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 631

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, a flamefest! Yay! :) *writhing with anticipation*

neocon101, whoever you are, know that your comedy is almost up to the stellar standards of The Great Albert, PBUH.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Albert_Alligator
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 12 May 2004
Posts: 193
Location: Okefenokee Swamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErikM wrote:
Ooh, a flamefest! Yay! :) *writhing with anticipation*

neocon101, whoever you are, know that your comedy is almost up to the stellar standards of The Great Albert, PBUH.


No way.... you take that back!!! He's nowhere near my level of comedy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
_________________
As Socrates once said "I drank what?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erikm
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 631

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert_Alligator wrote:
ErikM wrote:
Ooh, a flamefest! Yay! :) *writhing with anticipation*

neocon101, whoever you are, know that your comedy is almost up to the stellar standards of The Great Albert, PBUH.


No way.... you take that back!!! He's nowhere near my level of comedy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note the almost. But I think he's certainly a contender for the f.g.o. Heavyweight Nutty Rightwinger belt. How do you respond? :wink:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neocon101
n00b
n00b


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have seen only the very beginnings of my abilities. My sword is still sheathed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erikm
l33t
l33t


Joined: 08 Feb 2005
Posts: 631

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
You have seen only the very beginnings of my abilities. My sword is still sheathed.

:lol:
*Applause*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
You have seen only the very beginnings of my abilities. My sword is still sheathed.


Keep the entertainment coming, then.
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bos_mindwarp
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 19 Oct 2002
Posts: 275
Location: stockholm, sweden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Media Bias and the Universal Leftist Agenda Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
Leftists (libs, commies, socialists, democrats...) have a strangle-hold on our media. This is a fact.


You know, when someone states "this is a fact" without backing it up, I stop reading right there. Goodbye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jamiethehutt
n00b
n00b


Joined: 04 Oct 2004
Posts: 66
Location: Scotland!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shelly the Republican is much funnier. :(
_________________
"Someday, he thought, it'll be mandatory that we all sell the McDonald's hamburger as well as buy it; we'll sell it back and forth to each other forever from our living rooms. That way we won't even have to go outside." - A Scanner Darkly By PK Dick


Last edited by jamiethehutt on Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
xerxian
n00b
n00b


Joined: 16 May 2003
Posts: 38
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningwithscissors wrote:
No. Economics is not complicated. It is just riddled with a lot of details that the economists hope the laymen will miss. Economics is simply an analysis of the value of products and services. Try reading the business page of a newspaper sometime. Most of the stuff reported is speculation rather than actual analysis.


No its not, try taking an economics course some time.

And for the last time commies/socialists, VALUE IS SUBJECTIVE!

Nothing has some "magical" value characteristic, value is completely subjective, and THATS why communism failed, and always will, its impossible for the government to correctly allocate resources.
_________________
"I'm just picturing a bunch of anime lovers with their macs talking about how awesome anime and steve jobs is." -- tylerwylie on japanology
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jakamaka
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 17 Jun 2004
Posts: 266
Location: My self-sustainable fusion of thought

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:roll:
_________________
It would be more interesting to learn from children, than try to teach them how to behave, how to live and how to function. - U.G. Krishnamurti
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TNorthover
Guru
Guru


Joined: 25 Jan 2004
Posts: 434
Location: Edinburgh, UK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neocon101 wrote:
You have seen only the very beginnings of my abilities. My sword is still sheathed.


And you haven't put on your robe and wizard's hat yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RiBBiT
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 18 May 2005
Posts: 215
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, satire is at it's best when you can't really tell if it's serious or not. Good job!
_________________
Comix - GTK Comic Book Viewer [ http://comix.sourceforge.net ]


Last edited by RiBBiT on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justwantstohelp
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 29 Jun 2006
Posts: 251
Location: Sacramento, California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamiethehutt wrote:
Shelly the Republican is much funnier. :(

++
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
runningwithscissors
Guru
Guru


Joined: 21 Apr 2006
Posts: 454
Location: the third world

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xerxian wrote:

No its not, try taking an economics course some time.


I did have Finance Management as a subject as I am an Industrial Engineer. It is not complicated. It is just extremely tedious.

xerxian wrote:
And for the last time commies/socialists, VALUE IS SUBJECTIVE!

Nothing has some "magical" value characteristic, value is completely subjective, and THATS why communism failed, and always will, its impossible for the government to correctly allocate resources


I never said that value of anything is absolute and magically defined. And I am not a communist or a socialist. People do exist who do not subscribe to philosophies as a whole, you know.
_________________
At some stage, the Hindus locked on to the nation destroying concepts like ahimsa (non-violence), shanti (peace), satya (truth) — the ‘ass’ syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum