Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
VM-Ware GSX stopped working, cant get it to work again..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooStarter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: VM-Ware GSX stopped working, cant get it to work again.. Reply with quote

I have been using VM-Ware GSX for some time on my gentoo box (after using the absolutely great vmware-any-any patch which enables me to use it on gentoo instead of just redhat)

For some reason i cant get it to work anymore.. VM-Ware seems to startup okay, but when i try to connect to it using the console software i get a pop up telling me :

There was a problem connecting:

Connection terminated by server, F(5127):866 ret -1 err 0

I removed VM-Ware from my server and reinstalled, i tried their new VM-Ware server software, i tried connecting from different clients but nothing helps.
I even re-emerged my kernel sources and recompiled just to make sure nothing happened to my kernel sources.

I know the GSX install software is okay, i can get it to work on others machines without a problem. The clients are okay, they work fine connecting to other VM-Ware servers. I dont use any firewall,

The weird thing is, nothing changed.. it was working fine, i shut my server down during my vacation.. Start her up again and nada.. not working anymore..
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: