Hardware monitoring on 220R?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaidh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Hardware monitoring on 220R? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone had any insight into hardware monitoring on Enterprise 220Rs. Temps, PSU and fan info, faults, stuff like that. Ideally I would like to have such info available through snmp traps/MIB tree, although if the info was only available through proc that's good enough to feed an smux agent.

It looks like envctrl is limited to machines that follow specific conventions, which doesn't appear to include 220Rs. Anyone know more about this module and what it covers?
Weeve
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not very familiar with the module as I don't have a machine that supports it.

That being said, I don't believe that any SPARC machines that do have a module to watch things like temperature, fan speeds, voltages would work through snmpd as (at least for net-snmp) they require that the chipset be supported by the i2c framework and the two modules that handle this for SPARC machines (envctrl and bbc) do work through the i2c framework at current.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: