Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
few questions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: few questions Reply with quote

if you all could either take the time, or point me to some decent manuals on the following questions.

1) how do you use the framebuffer type console? you know, that one with the little penguin in the top left. i want the 1024x768 (or higher) console. i am using grub and gentoo-sources kernel (i saw framebuffer stuff in the kernel)

2) i cant find a good faq on printing on to a win2000 printer via samba. the win2000 computer has some lexmark all in one printer thiny, X73 i think if it matters. whats a good place to read?

3) i saw a few other topics on this, but i want to burn mp3 -> cd audio like cdrwin can do, among others, are there any linux apps that support this? or must i convert to .wav first manually?

and last but not least, is there anyway to make licq somewhat usable behind a NAT router? i have one of those netgear RT314 routers... most of the time i cant send, or people cant send me messages, where as windows ICQ works flawlessly. Right now i use everybuddy, and i can chat with icq users fine, but if i so much as change one setting, the program likes to crash :P

thank you anyone who takes the time to reply :P
rphillips
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO-5.html
You have to set the vga option in the kernel boot parameters.

2. linuxnewbie.org might be a good place to start. They have a samba tutorial

3. gcombust is one burner app that will convert mp3 to wav on the fly and burn to CD.

4. no idea
MX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

many thanks :)
seetru
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: number 4 Reply with quote

log into your router find the section for forwarding and set the port that licq uses to be routed to your ip address

i think icq uses port 4444 but don't quote me on that
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: