Gentoo Linux Sys Admin job in SF, CA
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kashani
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Gentoo Linux Sys Admin job in SF, CA Reply with quote

http://jumpcut.com/company/jobs

You'd get to work with a number of smart people ... and me. It's a startup, 100% Gentoo at the moment, and a fair amount fun. This is my fifth startup in ten years and I have no desire to work silly hours all summer long. Ideally someone smart and talented would apply, we'd automate the hell out of everything, and cut out at 5:05 pm everyday while our coworkers tried to remember when they've seen two admins get so much done. I can dream, can't I? :) However we will be on call, get Nagios pages in the middle of night, and have to do some 1am maintenance windows.

You must have three plus years as an admin in a production environment. I just don't have the time to train anyone less experienced and anyone we employ will need to hit the ground running. In the future we will be looking for jr staff, but not right now.

Walking distance to BART and Caltrain. Parking sucks in the neighborhood (SOMA) unless you have a motorcycle.

The mods prefer that you do not respond to job threads, so PM me if you've got questions. Or just send your resume to the address on the site.

kashani
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: