View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gentree
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had a problem with an https using opera so I tried it with firefux and crapped out badly.

I thought this problem was fixed months ago.

:?
darkphader
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yngwin wrote:
Does anyone have a solution for the enigmail failure?

I had to compile enigmail and g-wrap with 4.1.2.

Chris
Vlad.Sharp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, enigmail compiled fine just the other day with gcc 4.2 and glibc 2.6 here...
cneil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkphader wrote:
I had to compile enigmail and g-wrap with 4.1.2.

Chris

I got g-wrap to compile with gcc-4.2 by adding -fgnu89-inline to my CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS. gcc-4.2 throws a new warning when compiling g-wrap, and g-wrap adds -Werror when compiling turning warnings into errors. -fgnu89-inline suppresses the warning.

Vlad.Sharp wrote:
Strange, enigmail compiled fine just the other day with gcc 4.2 and glibc 2.6 here...

On amd64?
Vlad.Sharp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmnn that changes things. x86 here /:
cneil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vlad.Sharp wrote:

Yep. engimail currently fails on amd64 with gcc-4.2.
Vlad.Sharp
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cneil wrote:
Vlad.Sharp wrote:

Yep. engimail currently fails on amd64 with gcc-4.2.

Have you tried installing the binary (*.xpi version from the enigmail project page? It should work [as a short-term fix]) http://enigmail.mozdev.org/download.html
bMd
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GCC 4.2.1 released July 18, 2007, Anyone tried it yet?
Thargor
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an ebuild for 4.2.1?
zxy
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had 6 packages fail when recompiling world with gcc-4.2.0, glibc-2.6 and binutils-2.17.50.0.17 on amd64
failed:
app-office/openoffice-2.2.1  (i have java disabled)
x11-plugins/enigmail-0.95.2
media-video/cinelerra-cvs-20070607
media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.7
net-libs/libfwbuilder-2.1.10
net-libs/opal-2.2.6

Any ideas at least for xine-lib or openoffice?
bMd
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thargor wrote:
Does anyone have an ebuild for 4.2.1?
Use at your own risk: gcc-4.2.1.ebuild

//95% complete rebuild system
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Fiordland build with gcc-4.2.0 and glibc-2.6 has worked perfectly, booted first try. Xorg emerged nicely and now emerging kde-meta, no problems so far.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
The best government is the government that governs least.

Last edited by warrens on Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zxy wrote:
I had 6 packages fail when recompiling world with gcc-4.2.0, glibc-2.6 and binutils-2.17.50.0.17 on amd64
Any ideas at least for xine-lib or openoffice?

Xine-lib compiles fine here with binutils-2.17.50.0.16 (I haven't tried .17 yet), also on amd64.
Dirk.R.Gently
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrens wrote:
First Fiordland build with gcc-4.2.0 and glibc-2.6 has worked perfectly, booted first try. Xorg emerged nicely and now emerging kde-meta, no problems so far.

Yes gcc, does seem to be doing welll for me now after a couple fixes. There are a couple issues with my install, or maybe this is done purposely this way?

When I updated the system, gcc-4.2.0 was listed as new - I expected to see an update hmm. I instinctively, after the update, ran emerge --depclean and it unmerged gcc 4.1.2, hope that isn't an issue!? doh. When I did my first emerge, I got:
Code:
gcc-config error: Could not run/locate "i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc"

I was able to manually configure it ( I'm paraphrasing here ):
Code:
It doesn't appear you are using a valid gcc profile.
gcc-config -l
[1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.2.0

gcc-config 1

Seemed to do the job, Is there anything besides this line I should do, as I've never seen it before.
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk.R.Gently wrote:
Yes gcc, does seem to be doing welll for me now after a couple fixes. There are a couple issues with my install, or maybe this is done purposely this way?

When I updated the system, gcc-4.2.0 was listed as new - I expected to see an update hmm. I instinctively, after the update, ran emerge --depclean and it unmerged gcc 4.1.2, hope that isn't an issue!? doh. When I did my first emerge, I got:
Code:
gcc-config error: Could not run/locate "i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc"

I was able to manually configure it ( I'm paraphrasing here ):
Code:
It doesn't appear you are using a valid gcc profile.
gcc-config -l
[1] i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.2.0

gcc-config 1

Seemed to do the job, Is there anything besides this line I should do, as I've never seen it before.

If I understand you correctly, you did not run gcc-config -l and gcc-config x before unmerging gcc-4.1.2. If that is the case your gcc profile would still be pointing to the old profile that now no longer exist, therefore the error.

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
IvanMajhen
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Openoffice doesn't compile Reply with quote

I have gcc 4.2, glibc 2.6 and binutlis 2.17.50.0.16.

Openoffice doesn't compile.
Code:
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:72: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::has_trivial_destructor<jfw::PluginLibrary>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::is_pod<jfw::PluginLibrary>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:75:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::PluginLibrary>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:137:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<jfw::PluginLibrary, stlp_std::allocator<jfw::PluginLibrary> >'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:85:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp:129: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::is_pod_impl<jfw::PluginLibrary>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::PluginLibrary>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:137:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<jfw::PluginLibrary, stlp_std::allocator<jfw::PluginLibrary> >'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:85:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:75: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::is_pod<jfw::PluginLibrary>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_constructor.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::has_trivial_constructor<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:63:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:137:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<jfw::CJavaInfo, stlp_std::allocator<jfw::CJavaInfo> >'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:96:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_constructor.hpp:36: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::has_trivial_ctor_impl<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:137:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<jfw::CJavaInfo, stlp_std::allocator<jfw::CJavaInfo> >'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:96:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:63: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::has_trivial_constructor<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_copy.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::has_trivial_copy<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:66:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_copy.hpp:42: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::has_trivial_copy_impl<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:66: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::has_trivial_copy<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_assign.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::has_trivial_assign<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:69:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_assign.hpp:44: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::has_trivial_assign_impl<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:69: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::has_trivial_assign<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_destructor.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::has_trivial_destructor<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:72:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/has_trivial_destructor.hpp:36: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::has_trivial_dtor_impl<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:72: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::has_trivial_destructor<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::is_pod<jfw::CJavaInfo>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:75:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::__type_traits<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pod.hpp:129: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::is_pod_impl<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:75: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::is_pod<jfw::CJavaInfo>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::__call_traits<const JavaInfo*>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_function.h:229:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:196:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h:450: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::is_reference<const JavaInfo*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_function.h: In function 'stlp_std::binder2nd<_Operation> stlp_std::bind2nd(const _Operation&, const _Tp&) [with _Operation = stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char>, _Tp = jfw::CJavaInfo]':
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:196:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_function.h:248: error: no matching function for call to 'stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >::binder2nd(const stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char>&, const JavaInfo*)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_function.h:222: note: candidates are: stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >::binder2nd(const stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >&)
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c: In function '_RandomAccessIter stlp_priv::__find_if(_RandomAccessIter, _RandomAccessIter, _Predicate, const stlp_std::random_access_iterator_tag&) [with _RandomAccessIter = jfw::CJavaInfo*, _Predicate = stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >]':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:212:   instantiated from '_InputIter stlp_std::find_if(_InputIter, _InputIter, _Predicate) [with _InputIter = jfw::CJavaInfo*, _Predicate = stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >]'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:160: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:163: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:166: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:169: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:175: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:178: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_algobase.c:181: error: no match for call to '(stlp_std::binder2nd<stlp_std::pointer_to_binary_function<const JavaInfo*, const JavaInfo*, unsigned char> >) (jfw::CJavaInfo&)'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pointer.hpp: At global scope:
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pointer.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::is_pointer<const rtl::OString*>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:47:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_IsPtr<const rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h:464:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_BothPtrType<const rtl::OString*, rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_uninitialized.h:144:   instantiated from '_ForwardIter stlp_std::uninitialized_copy(_InputIter, _InputIter, _ForwardIter) [with _InputIter = const rtl::OString*, _ForwardIter = rtl::OString*]'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:642:   instantiated from '_Tp* stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_allocate_and_copy(size_t&, _ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = const rtl::OString*, _Tp = rtl::OString, _Alloc = stlp_std::allocator<rtl::OString>]'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.c:183:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>& stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator=(const stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) [with _Tp = rtl::OString, _Alloc = stlp_std::allocator<rtl::OString>]'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:416:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pointer.hpp:80: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::is_pointer_impl<const rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::_IsPtr<const rtl::OString*>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h:464:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_BothPtrType<const rtl::OString*, rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_uninitialized.h:144:   instantiated from '_ForwardIter stlp_std::uninitialized_copy(_InputIter, _InputIter, _ForwardIter) [with _InputIter = const rtl::OString*, _ForwardIter = rtl::OString*]'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.h:642:   instantiated from '_Tp* stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::_M_allocate_and_copy(size_t&, _ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = const rtl::OString*, _Tp = rtl::OString, _Alloc = stlp_std::allocator<rtl::OString>]'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/_vector.c:183:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>& stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator=(const stlp_std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>&) [with _Tp = rtl::OString, _Alloc = stlp_std::allocator<rtl::OString>]'
/var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source/framework.cxx:416:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:47: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::is_pointer<const rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pointer.hpp: In instantiation of 'boost::is_pointer<rtl::OString*>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:47:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_IsPtr<rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h:465:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_BothPtrType<const rtl::OString*, rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/boost/type_traits/is_pointer.hpp:80: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::detail::is_pointer_impl<rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h: In instantiation of 'stlp_std::_IsPtr<rtl::OString*>':
/usr/include/stlport/stl/type_traits.h:465:   instantiated from 'stlp_std::_BothPtrType<const rtl::OString*, rtl::OString*>'
/usr/include/stlport/stl/boost_type_traits.h:47: error: 'value' is not a member of 'boost::is_pointer<rtl::OString*>'
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../unxlngi6.pro/slo/framework.obj'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/app-office/openoffice-2.2.1/work/ooo/build/OOF680_m18/jvmfwk/source
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

STLport is 5.1.2, boost is 1.34.0 and boost-build 1.34.0.
Searched forum, found that this error is sometimes when there is include symlink in /usr/include/.... but i don't have this link.
Disk space should be enough (30GB).

Did anybody sucessfully compiled oo under this configuration?
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Openoffice-2.2.1 emerged fine here with binutils-2.17, boost is 1.34.0, boost-build 1.34.0, and STLport is 5.1.2 on x86 (P4).

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who like enjoy non vanilla gcc patchsets ;)

http://glibcsnap.googlecode.com/files/gcc-4.2.1.tar.bz2
cneil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Openoffice doesn't compile Reply with quote

IvanMajhen wrote:

{error message cut}

Searched forum, found that this error is sometimes when there is include symlink in /usr/include/.... but i don't have this link.

If you have boost in your USE flags, try unsetting it for STLport. OpenOffice would fail on me with an error message like yours if STLport was compiled with USE="boost".
Dirk.R.Gently
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warrens wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you did not run gcc-config -l and gcc-config x before unmerging gcc-4.1.2. If that is the case your gcc profile would still be pointing to the old profile that now no longer exist, therefore the error.

Done a couple more emerges since then, everything look alright. Is it typical the gcc updates are marked as new? Appreciate the help.
warrens
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

816 packages and 0 failures with gcc-4.2.0 and glibc-2.6.0 :D

DON'T TREAD ON ME!!!

My Bias #1
mbar
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seren wrote:

What does it do?
Gergan Penkov
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Openoffice doesn't compile Reply with quote

cneil wrote:
IvanMajhen wrote:

{error message cut}

If you have boost in your USE flags, try unsetting it for STLport. OpenOffice would fail on me with an error message like yours if STLport was compiled with USE="boost".

This worked, thanks.
Be glad you finally walked away or you may have not lived another day."
Godsmack
seren
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mbar wrote:
seren wrote:

What does it do?

Adds all the latest uclibc and pie patches
also i included the gcc-hash-style-both.patch gcc_pure64.patch taken from arch.

--edit--
sorry but if you used the ebuild your going to have to redownload and remerge it as some (ALL) patches were missisng
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seren wrote:
mbar wrote:
seren wrote:

What does it do?

Adds all the latest uclibc and pie patches
also i included the gcc-hash-style-both.patch gcc_pure64.patch taken from arch.

--edit--
sorry but if you used the ebuild your going to have to redownload and remerge it as some (ALL) patches were missisng

interesting, now if I compile this under hardened will this give me a hardened compiler ?

update:

seems so, the only thing I need to change is the split profile thingy, ...

thanks, seren :)

let's see how it works out with compiling ...

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D

Last edited by kernelOfTruth on Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: