mythburn-0.19 that works with Mythtv-0.19
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: mythburn-0.19 that works with Mythtv-0.19 Reply with quote

Please read the first 4 posts in this thread as some of the details have been changed as a result of the update..

[EDIT]The source of the jpegyuv segfault has been found. See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=114103[/EDIT]

There have been few requests (on the mythtv forums and other sites) for a version of mythburn that works with the latest version of mythtv since the current download on the sorceforge does not work. The link for this download is http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=119692&package_id=130397&release_id=36185.

On my system I have managed to get mythburn working by debugging and patching the code but this became very cumbersome so I finally decided to make an ebuild to wrap it all up. Normally, I would post this on bugs.gentoo.org but this time I am starting from a copy of the mythburn cvs which I compressed into a tar.bz2 file that I have uploaded to http://rapidshare.de/files/16603284/mythburn-0.19.20060322.tar.bz2.html. This file is a snapshot of the cvs version taken on 03-22-2006. I also uploaded http://rapidshare.de/files/16604105/mythwebburn.tar.bz2mythwebburn.tar.bz2.html which contains the ebuild to mythwebburn along with all the current patches that I use.

About the ebuild:
Initially I started to make an ebuild for mythburn alone but I soon ran into trouble because mythburn needs to patch mythweb and needs to be installed inside the mythweb folder. After a few hours of trying to force my mythburn ebuild to work with the stock mythweb ebuild, I gave up and I decided to make a single ebuild (mythwebburn) that was for both packages would be much simpler to write.

Anyways, after finally getting the ebuild to install properly I ran into only two problems. The first was that for some reason jeg2yuv segfaults all the time on my system and several others I have tested when converting 720x480 jpegs to a mpeg. So I patched the code to use ppm images instead. This works great but has a few problems, since the frequency specification is different with ppmtoy4m vs jeg2yuv the patch for this does not set the right frequency for pal. Also I am not 100% certain I got all instances of this patched with the right frequency and number of frames so I will double check that as soon as I can. BTW, the patch for this is named mythwebburn-0.19-useppm.patch and can be commented out of the ebuild if jeg2yuv works on your system.

The second problem I found was that commercial cutting did not work at all with my system. After tracking this down I found that there were naming problems with the variables that were used to store the result of the checkboxes on the form themes/default/mythburn/confirm.php. There are two patchs that fix this: mythwebburn-0.19-fixcut.patch and mythwebburn-0.19-fixcut-1.patch.

There are currently two other patches that I use. mythwebburn-0.19-echo-cmdline.patch will echo the arguments that are being passed to mythtvburn.sh (which is the main script runs the job). So if anything fails copy everything from just after the cmdline= to the last arg. Do not include the last arg so the line should end in either no cut or cut. Then you can execute the script directly by running /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts/mythtvburn.sh with this arg list. You will have to change the first part of this path if your webpage is not at /var/www/localhost/htdocs.

The last patch (mythwebburn-0.19-extend-readlog.patch) extends the log list from 15 lines to 50. This is a little helpful but I believe the logging display needs some work as it does not automatically update anymore.

Installation Instructions:
1) Download the mythburn-0.19.20060322.tar.bz2 file and place it in your /usr/portage/distfiles folder.

2) Create a portage overlay at /usr/local/portage (see this for instructions http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds)

3) Then execute the following commands in the shell.
Code:
mkdir -p  /usr/local/portage/www-apps
cd /usr/local/portage/www-apps

4) Now download the mythwebburn.tar.bz2 file into /usr/local/portage/www-apps folder

5) Then (in the shell in /usr/local/portage/www-apps) execute the following commands:
Code:
tar xjf mythwebburn.tar.bz2
cd mythwebburn
ebuild mythwebburn-0.19.ebuild digest
mkdir -p /etc/portage
echo "=www-apps/mythwebburn-0.19 ~x86 ~amd64" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
emerge mythwebburn

After this edit /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts/mythburn.conf I believe there is a file mythburn.conf.example that shows you what is needed.

More details to follow but it's just after midnight and I'm feeling sleepy so I'll try to get back later today...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay

Last edited by drescherjm on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The commercial cutting bug has been applied to the source cvs at http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=119692 so the two patches for this will no longer be necissary. When I get time I will upload a new ebuild and new snapshot.

[EDIT]I have updated the snapshot and you can now download it at http://rapidshare.de/users/L0E0P9 but I will have to get back to the ebuild later today since its 3:21 AM[/EDIT]

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new ebuild and patches have been uploaded at http://rapidshare.de/users/L0E0P9. This will replace the last version and uses the mythburn-0.19.20060329.tar.bz2 cvs soruce that has the commercial cut fix applied. There are a few differences with this new ebuild one is that it will not overwrite your old configuration files the second is that the ppm patch is not enabled by default. If you need this patch do this:
Code:
mkdir -p /etc/portage
echo "=www-apps/mythwebburn-0.19 useppm" >> /etc/portage/package.use"

Note: You might want to delete the /usr/local/portage/www-apps/mythwebburn folder before untaring the new ebuild and patches because a few files were removed...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a my mythburn.conf file which should better match the default locations. You will most likely have to edit the mythtvlocation, dvddir and tempdir as I doubt anyone has the same lvm configuration as me.

Code:
#MythBurn config settings
myfolder=/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts
mythtvlocation=/mnt/vg/mythdata/store
mythtvfonts=/usr/share/mythtv
dvddir=/mnt/vg/mythdata/dvd.iso
tcrequant=/usr/bin/tcrequant
tempdir=/mnt/vg/mythdata/dvd.tmp
webuser=mythtv
webgroup=www-data
mythwebfolder=/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn
mysqlhost=127.0.0.1
mysqluser=mythtv
mysqldatabase=mythconverg
mysqlpassword=mythtv
projectx="/usr/bin/projectx"
mpegdec="madplay -o wave:-"

# default settings without interactive configuration
# just change these manually in this file
titlesperpage=4
smallfont=FreeSans.ttf
maxanimframes=750
#flip_thumbnails=" -z"
#blueface=" -k"

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
dsegel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank you for doing this. I was about halfway into getting Mythburn installed and running when I came across this post; I figure you saved me several hours of frustration.

I have it all running now and I've created an iso or two but haven't tested them out to see if they actually work. I did see a few errors in the log file but I'm not sure if they're important or not:

----- datestamp=03-04-2006 11:01
Extracting video thumbnails for animated menu
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
tc_memcpy: using sse for memcpy[decode_mpeg2.c] libmpeg2 0.4.0b loop decoder
[decode_mpeg2.c] libmpeg2 acceleration: 3dnow
failed to write Y plane of frame(demuxer.c) write program stream packet: Broken pipe

finished createscenemenu.sh
cat: /video/temp/dvd.tmp/tempdvdauthor2.xml_1menu: No such file or directory
Encoding menu images to MPEG2 files
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just wanted to thank you for doing this.

Your welcome. :)

Quote:
cat: /video/temp/dvd.tmp/tempdvdauthor2.xml_1menu: No such file or directory

I get that all the time and it seems to be harmless.

I am not sure about the other error message. I will check my logs to see if I get that one also.

Yes, I get that one too.

Code:
----- datestamp=03-04-2006 20:35
Extracting video thumbnails for animated menu
libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.9 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't open file VIDEO_TS.IFO.
tc_memcpy: using sse for memcpy
[decode_mpeg2.c] libmpeg2 0.4.0b loop decoder
[decode_mpeg2.c] libmpeg2 acceleration: 3dnow
failed to write Y plane of frame(demuxer.c) write program stream packet: Broken pipe
----- datestamp=03-04-2006 20:35
Building Scene Selection Menu for recording 7th Heaven Ay Carumba submenus: no

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay

Last edited by drescherjm on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:46 am; edited 2 times in total
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the near future I will release a new ebuild that cleans everything up, since the patch for jpeg-mmx fixes the segfault problem the ppm patch will no longer be necissary. And if I get some real time I may make a cvs ebuild that pulls mythburn down directly from the source cvs.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
scottd34
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have this work with double layer dvd's? maybe add a checkbox or radio button to specify a 4 gb or 9gb dvd iso.
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:55 am    Post subject: Error message Reply with quote

Thanks for all your work with this. After much wrangling with Apache, I finally got the mythweb portion to work properly. When I attempt to use mythburn, I get the following error:

Quote:
Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php, line 126:
fopen(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts/conf/mythtvburnconfig.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Any idea where or what this permission issue is?

Thanks,
shg
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottd34 wrote:
Is it possible to have this work with double layer dvd's? maybe add a checkbox or radio button to specify a 4 gb or 9gb dvd iso.

Very, possible when I get time. I have got a peliminary cvs ebuild in the works with a patch to more accurately calculate the transcode factor when a cutlist is applied but I am trying to get some time and move the files to a web page instead of the current download.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: Error message Reply with quote

sgreene59 wrote:
Thanks for all your work with this. After much wrangling with Apache, I finally got the mythweb portion to work properly. When I attempt to use mythburn, I get the following error:

Quote:
Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php, line 126:
fopen(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts/conf/mythtvburnconfig.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied

Any idea where or what this permission issue is?

Thanks,
shg

I believe the allow_url_fopen has to be set to on in your /etc/apache2/php.ini file
Code:
allow_url_fopen = on

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Error message Reply with quote

Allow_furl_open was already set to On.

Here are more detailed error messages:
Quote:
Details:

datetime: 2006-04-17 16:13:50 (EDT)
errornum: 2
error type: Warning
error string: fopen(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburnscripts/conf/mythtvburnconfig.xml) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
filename: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php
error line: 126

Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php, line 127:
fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Details:

error string: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
error line: 127

Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php, line 128:
fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
Details:

error string: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
error line: 128

cutlist_1=cutlist_2=

Error at /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/burndvd.php, line 173:
file(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburntemp/mythburn.log) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Details:

error string: file(/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburntemp/mythburn.log) [<a href='function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
error line: 173

I also checked <Directory> in httpd.conf and set Options All. Also to no effect. TIA if you can shed some light here.
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm am not sure what causes this. I actually had a similar error once when I started to create the ebuild but I fixed it and I don't remember what I did. It may have been a permissions problem on the temp folder but I don't remember...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my /var/www/localhost folders are root:root. I did set up an apache group, but I wasn't sure how to use it securely, so I haven't made it an owner. What permissions do you have set on these folders?
Quote:
drescherjm wrote: I'm am not sure what causes this. I actually had a similar error once when I started to create the ebuild but I fixed it and I don't remember what I did. It may have been a permissions problem on the temp folder but I don't remember...

shg
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apache:www-data on the webhost, the myth folders that contain the recorded programs, and also the temp dvd and iso folders.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a howto that describes setting apache groupid and permissions? By default, Gentoo creates neither an apache group, nor a www-data user. I really hesitate to add groups and users unless I'm sure what I'm doing. TIA.

shg

Quote:
apache:www-data on the webhost, the myth folders that contain the recorded programs, and also the temp dvd and iso folders.
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Getting closer... php issue? Reply with quote

I've cleared out most of the errors. The key now appears to be that the file /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/modules/mythburn/mythburntemp/mythburn.log has to exist and be writable by apache.

I also get this message in the apache log.
Quote:
Symbolic link not allowed: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mythwebburn/images/mythburn/highlightthumbnails,

Not sure yet if this is pooching things. The Mythburn page now says
Quote:
Going to record at : Fri Apr 21, 2006, 10:25 PM
click here to cancel job

Log file (last 15 lines) : Click here to Refresh

Not sure that I hear a hard disk churning...

shg
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Almost there Reply with quote

The script is churning, but halts at
Quote:
QSettings: error creating /.qt

Any idea where it's trying to write this file?
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: More details... Reply with quote

The last command the scripts processed was
Quote:
mplex -o /store/mythburn/temp/1051_20060413190000.mpg -f 8 1051_20060413190000.m2v

which resulted in the following errors
Quote:
++ WARN: [mplex] Video e0: buf= 2025 frame=000184 sector=00002859
++ WARN: [mplex] Stream e0: data will arrive too late sent(SCR)=463140 required(DTS)=317677
++ WARN: [mplex] Video e0: buf= 2025 frame=000203 sector=00003159
**ERROR: [mplex] Too many frame drops -exiting

I should note that this is a DVB-ATSC recording. When transcoding, I get numerous errors like
Quote:
!> dropping useless B-Frames @ GOP# 3284 / new Timecode 00:27:06.543
!> startPTS of GOP# 3383 is earlier than the end of last GOP.. (exp. 152419998)
!> dropping GOP# 3383 @ orig.PTS 00:28:13.538 (152418497), errorcode: 10
!> Pics exp/cnt 30/30, inGOP PTS diff. 3ms, new Timecode 00:27:56.076
!> PTS difference of 43544 (00:00:00.483) to last exported GOP detected

The original recording was 1280x720p. Unfortunately, I don't have an analog card on this system to try.

-shg
mweber88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgreene59--

I am having the same problems that you had with the Permission Denied problems toward the beginning of your post, and I have set all permissions on files and directories as indicated, but I cannot circumvent the problem. Would you mind telling me what you needed to do in order to resolve this? Please advise.

Thanks!

Mike
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing, I went to the CVS version of mythburn, which seems to have fixed a lot of the problems it used to have with myth 0.19.

Second edit /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf

Set furl_open=on in this file. It seems to be more critical than the httpd.conf. Also I noticed the CVS version expected to find tcrequant in /usr/local/bin. Put a symlink there.

Hope this helps...

shg

H.L. Mencken
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was planning on fixing any ouststanding issues and other enhancements to this however mytharchive is planned to be in the next mythrelease which was promised to be released soon so I am waiting...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Set furl_open=on in this file.

Ahh... That is needed to get some parts of mythweb running so I did not experience this problem with mythburn as I had set this months before I had used mythburn...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
mweber88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Second edit /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf

Set furl_open=on in this file.

Hmm... I don't have this file, and I checked all the other apache .conf files for that entry, but no dice.

Should I put it into httpd.conf, or create its own .conf file and put it in there?

Mike
sgreene59
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmm... I don't have this file, and I checked all the other apache .conf files for that entry, but no dice.

Should I put it into httpd.conf, or create its own .conf file and put it in there?

Mike

I would go ahead and put it into httpd.conf. I have PHP5, not sure, but this may be the difference. I'm running apache-2.0.55-r1 and php-5.1.4.

For what it's worth the vhosts.d directory has only one file, 00_default_vhost.conf. Here is mine:

Quote:
#
# This should be changed to whatever you set DocumentRoot to.
#
<Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">

#
# Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
# or any combination of:
# Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI MultiViews
#
# Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
# doesn't give it to you.
#
# The Options directive is both complicated and important. Please see
# http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#options
# for more information.
#
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

#
# AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess file
s.
# It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
# Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#
AllowOverride All

#
# Controls who can get stuff from this server.
#
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

<IfModule peruser.c>
# this must match a Processor
ServerEnvironment apache apache

# these are optional - defaults to the values specified in httpd.conf
MinSpareProcessors 4
MaxProcessors 20
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

I'm looking forward to mytharchive, too. Apparently mythburn can't handle hdtv broadcasts.

shg

H.L. Mencken
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: