eclipse and sun-sdk ebuilds
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tmsfnny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: eclipse and sun-sdk ebuilds Reply with quote

I've noticed there's a lot of talk on the bugzilla about eclipse 2.1x while the latest version in portage is 2.0.2 and masked at that. I realize 2.1x is a development build, but there are other programs in portage that aren't "stable" per se.

Also, the latest version of Sun's Java SDK is 1.4.1 R2, while the ebuild for it is 1.4.1 R1 which isn't easily available anymore. And my quick hack at fixing this didn't quite work. I'm obviously no ebuild expert (yet).

I'd like to use ebuilds for this stuff, and I imagine these are fairly common to install. For Java eclipse is one of a few full-featured IDE's and one of the faster ones. And Sun's SDK is obviously the standard for Java. Is there something holding these up because of compatability on genttoo I should know about?

I'm going to take a look at some of the guides myself, but I figure I'd ask before I went any further on my own.
/Dev/Nuil
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with you. I'm a Java developer, so I'm working a lot with eclipse, ant, tomcat, etc. Most of these programs I installed myself.

A few reminders: install lib-compat. It solved a lot of java related problems for me. To install the Sun JDK, edit the R1 ebuild, search and replace all occurances of R1 with R2. Then search for the line "tail -436.." change this to "tail -430 ..." IIRC. This strips the licence message from the binairy. Then just emerge.

I just emerged the latest Eclipse from portage, downloaded the latest Eclipse from eclipse.org and unpacked it over the portage install.
veggie2u
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:40 pm    Post subject: Where is the ebuild? Reply with quote

Ok, I feel stupid, but I can't find the ebuild for Eclipse. I don't get anything found when I do an emerge -p eclipse. I have looked in the online package list, and don't see it listed under app-editors or dev-java.

Any hints?
jrollins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try dev-util.
dreambox
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=44530. I added an ebuild to get latest eclipse 2.1 for openmotif. I'm using blackdown 1.3 jvm and it works fine :D

Once I get gtk2 emerged I'll modify the ebuild to try to emerge eclipse for gtk2.

The ebuild works only for x86. Since I don't master ebuilds scripts I couldn't add ppc and sparc arch. If ebuild works fine (feedback please), maybe someone could help to update it...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: