How to downgrade glibc and not bork my system
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brsett
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:11 am    Post subject: How to downgrade glibc and not bork my system Reply with quote

Hello,

So I'm new to gentoo, and after experimenting with unmasking, I decided to go back to the stable builds. Of course that borked my system by changing glibc. Well the easy fix for that is just to rebuild python by hand. No big deal.

But now half my system is apparently linked to a newer version of glibc (that surprised me that the symbols changed that much for just unstable to stable, but c'est la vie).

So how do I avoid this annoyance in the future? I looked at the buildpkg thing, but it isn't clear to me how I can tell that to only keep bold binaries for just certain packages.

Also, any recommendation on how I should re build my system? It looks like X and vim are gonna have to get it, additionally I expect to see some core libraries needing it (alsa, pcmcia, ...), but certainly alot of my system should be fine, any way I can determine that, or am I just going to have to:

emerge -e world

type thing.

Thanks
Brad
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: