XULRunner overlay (currently 1.8.1.3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gergan Penkov
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: XULRunner overlay (currently 1.8.1.3) Reply with quote

Friendly Warning: You know the rules in unsupported, no bugs should be posted on b.g.o about this overlay and the official ebuilds, which depend on xulrunner from this overlay. If you have problems of any kind, post them here.

Well, I was a little disappointed at this bug, so I've decided to make an overlay with more recent versions for my personal use I don't like to run on insecure versions :) I could have opened bug, but the problem is that mozilla again fails at providing tarballs - the ebuilds in this overlay use the archlinux cvs-checkouts.

The patches are based again on Mike Hommey's (aka glandium) work, though some are changed as debian uses the older 1.8.0 branch.

Changes from xulrunner in portage:
- updated the glandium-patchset,
- using the 1.8.1-branch corresponding to firefox 2.0,
- bumped the so-versions (you'll need to run revdep-rebuild)
- added some archlinux patches

Things that are known not to work - python use flag (it breaks epiphany), the jar created with the java use flag probably does not work (if someone could test it and report it, I will try to fix it - it does not/probably does not work in portage too).

Where is the overlay - http://g-overlays.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mozilla/

Code:
svn co http://g-overlays.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/mozilla/

add it to your make.conf and you are set.

You could use the gnome-2.18 and liferea in portage with the xulrunner useflag, galeon is in the overlay, I'll be adding more ebuilds to it, as I convert my old ebuilds, if you have special requests post them here.

As the xulrunner-checkout is on an archlinux servers, I don't feel very comfortably, so if someone could host the xulrunner-tarballs I'll be very thankful (this could also open the way to go for the 1.9 versions).
Be glad you finally walked away or you may have not lived another day."
Godsmack
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: