netmount not started
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr-nix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: netmount not started Reply with quote

i was recompiling cause i wanted to enable iptables..when i finally found iptables and compiled it and rebooted my nic wouldn't start ..or one of em anyway (eth0) ..thats the one that starts automaticly..it sez summn about eth0 startup failed or summn cause netmount wasnt started but i checked and netmount is in the init.d....i know i've given u little info but does anyone have any idea of what can be wrong?!...btw eth0 uses dhcp ...i tried started dhcpcd eth0 after the system booted but it wouldn't give me a ip :(((...i finally found that fuckin iptables now my nic wont work..can anyone help me ?!??!?!
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem (I think) but I wasn't dealing with iptables. Will post if I figure it out :)
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure exactly how I fixed mine, but here's what I did. Just to be certain I configured the kernel properly, I reran make menuconfig.
I added another option for my network card (different from the one that was selected automatically). Also, I had a line uncommented in
my /etc/conf.d/net file that looked like this: dhcpcd_eth0="...". I put a # in front of that line, and the network came up during next reboot.
The interesting part of this, is that I had uncommented that line because the network wasn't starting. So, I really don't know why it
started to work.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: