aRts Compile Failure - make.conf - CXXFLAGS Commented Out
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
William Abke
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:46 am    Post subject: aRts Compile Failure - make.conf - CXXFLAGS Commented Out Reply with quote

Hello All,

Just a quick question about what looks like a change to make.conf. I have always tried to read over the forums on a daily basis, but for the last several weeks have been too busy to read over all the posts, so I apologize if this has been discussed and I missed it during my search.

Recently I noticed when checking my ccache stats, a couple of apps that I thought should have had a high hit-ratio when being recompiled did not, many things were being totally recompiled (1.4gig used out of 2gig cache).

Then, when trying to update KDE, aRts 1.1.1 would fail, early in the compile. I tried recompiling ALSA and QT thinking that some lib might be out-of-date. Still no-go.

My next thought was to fiddle with my USE or c-flags.
I changed:
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -frename-registers"
to:
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math".

That is when I noticed that my CXXFLAGS were commented out.

Not having too much time before work, I changed my CFLAGS and uncommented the CXXFLAGS and the compile when well. After work, I changed the CFLAGS back and the recompiled went well again.

Did I just miss this change when diff’ing the last update that effected make.conf or is this an error in the latest make.conf file?

Thanks,
Bill
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: