Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
ipw3945 wireless drivers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a Centrino Duo (Core2 Duo) and I'm still using the good old ipw3945 driver and I'm not sure I'll switch to iwlwifi before it comes (even testing) into portage. Not that I distrust it but I'm still quite busy with some other package tweakings I don't feel like tweaking that one too :-) - at least it's not yet vital to me.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phk
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Feb 2004
Posts: 428
Location: [undef], Lisbon, Portugal, Europe, Earth, SolarSystem, MilkyWay, 23Q Radius, Forward Time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
Hi.

I have a Centrino Duo (Core2 Duo) and I'm still using the good old ipw3945 driver and I'm not sure I'll switch to iwlwifi before it comes (even testing) into portage. Not that I distrust it but I'm still quite busy with some other package tweakings I don't feel like tweaking that one too :-) - at least it's not yet vital to me.


And what kernel version do you have? Did you need to patch it ?

Thanks
_________________
"# cat /dev/urandom >> /tmp/life"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phk wrote:
VinzC wrote:
Hi.

I have a Centrino Duo (Core2 Duo) and I'm still using the good old ipw3945 driver and I'm not sure I'll switch to iwlwifi before it comes (even testing) into portage. Not that I distrust it but I'm still quite busy with some other package tweakings I don't feel like tweaking that one too :-) - at least it's not yet vital to me.


And what kernel version do you have? Did you need to patch it ?

Thanks


I have a kernel patch for the new iwl3945 driver... it works on any kernel with mac80211 included
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phk
Guru
Guru


Joined: 02 Feb 2004
Posts: 428
Location: [undef], Lisbon, Portugal, Europe, Earth, SolarSystem, MilkyWay, 23Q Radius, Forward Time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
Phk wrote:
VinzC wrote:
Hi.

I have a Centrino Duo (Core2 Duo) and I'm still using the good old ipw3945 driver and I'm not sure I'll switch to iwlwifi before it comes (even testing) into portage. Not that I distrust it but I'm still quite busy with some other package tweakings I don't feel like tweaking that one too :-) - at least it's not yet vital to me.


And what kernel version do you have? Did you need to patch it ?

Thanks


I have a kernel patch for the new iwl3945 driver... it works on any kernel with mac80211 included


Precisely, i use the latest skunk-sources, so, i use the new iwl3945...

I was asking for a patch to make ipw3945 work with 2.6.22...

IWL is still giving me the problems i told you :(

Cheers
_________________
"# cat /dev/urandom >> /tmp/life"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dayul
Apprentice
Apprentice


Joined: 02 Jun 2004
Posts: 180
Location: Blackpool, England

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phk wrote:


Precisely, i use the latest skunk-sources, so, i use the new iwl3945...

I was asking for a patch to make ipw3945 work with 2.6.22...

IWL is still giving me the problems i told you :(

Cheers


Well as far as i am aware i am using ipw3945 with kernel 2.6.22 (ck-sources). It's working fine for me.
_________________
Mailtc- system tray mail checker.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
Hi.

I have a Centrino Duo (Core2 Duo) and I'm still using the good old ipw3945 driver and I'm not sure I'll switch to iwlwifi before it comes (even testing) into portage. Not that I distrust it but I'm still quite busy with some other package tweakings I don't feel like tweaking that one too :-) - at least it's not yet vital to me.


Phk wrote:
And what kernel version do you have? Did you need to patch it ?

Thanks

Woops! just saw your post :( . I'm still sticking to the 2.6.21 series (Gentoo sources). And I'm using rmh3093 version 1.2 patch.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelee
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to break the flow of this massive thread, but i've been trying to get my 3945 intel wireless card working; been using the gentoo-wiki page and looking for resources online. I can finally load both ipw3945 and ipw3945d without any error, but my card still isn't being detected; that is, i can't do anything useful (like iwlist eth1 scan), and the output for ifconfig eth1 hasn't actually changed since before installing the driver/daemon. Any help? I can put up the output of anything if you need it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelee wrote:
sorry to break the flow of this massive thread, but i've been trying to get my 3945 intel wireless card working; been using the gentoo-wiki page and looking for resources online. I can finally load both ipw3945 and ipw3945d without any error, but my card still isn't being detected; that is, i can't do anything useful (like iwlist eth1 scan), and the output for ifconfig eth1 hasn't actually changed since before installing the driver/daemon. Any help? I can put up the output of anything if you need it.

Downgrade both to ipw3945-ucode-1.14.2 and ipw3945d-1.7.18. EDIT: BTW are you using x86 or x86_64? (My comment was valid for x86_64 in fact.)
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelee
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use x86. Why would I need to downgrade if i used x86_64?

Incidentally, I'm a bit confused as to the difference between portage ipw3945, *d, and *-ucode, and the ones I can download from the appropraite places on sourceforge (from ipw3954.sourceforge.net and places)? I've been thinking of unmerging my portage packages and redownloading the equivalents from the various sf projects, but would this actually make a difference?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelee wrote:
I use x86. Why would I need to downgrade if i used x86_64?

Because I'm now using x86_64 and the latest versions didn't work for me - like for some other people. The kernel module loaded but I got an error message saying an "Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG could not be detected". And I did try the latest version on x86_64 only.

So I downgraded both packages and they worked again. I have had to mask the latest version of both packages however since they're marked stable in portage. Note the latest version is easy to recognize: it's the one with the ipw3945d init script.

Conclusion: try downgrading and see if it works :-) .

thelee wrote:
Incidentally, I'm a bit confused as to the difference between portage ipw3945, *d, and *-ucode, and the ones I can download from the appropraite places on sourceforge (from ipw3954.sourceforge.net and places)? I've been thinking of unmerging my portage packages and redownloading the equivalents from the various sf projects, but would this actually make a difference?

They're exactly the same. The versions you find at Sourceforge might be a little more recent than the ones you find in portage, especially if these are changing fast. But ipw3945 is now quite... erm... stable and don't change that much so portage provides you with the exact same versions as on Intel's web site. Except Gentoo dev's have adapted these for Gentoo.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: ipw3945d insert/remove script for >=udev-104 Reply with quote

Hi all.

Intel has updated ipw3945 module and daemon for a "better" support of udev. Unfortunately it doesn't always work quite well and either you get an error message saying the hardware is not found or the daemon refuse to run. I've investigated a little on my system as to why the daemon doesn't run when the driver is loaded by udev although it did before.

I first saw the module was correctly loaded by udev but as the root filesystem is read-only when udev loads modules, ipw3945d, which is run almost in the same time, has no chance to create its PID file and aborts, leaving the system with no functional wireless network. If you modprobe -r ipw3945 then modprobe ipw3945 manually, it works. That's the symptom my script wants to fix.

So I came up with this script, which I've been using without any problem for several weeks. It is launched upon inserting module ipw3945. It waits until the root filesystem (or /var in my case) is writable so that the daemon can write its PID file. As things don't necessarily go right on the first try ;-) the script makes several attempts before giving up.

I've checked the script on my laptop, a newer Dell Inspiron 9400 with a Core2 Duo (x86_64) but it should run on x86 as well.

Prerequisites
Reminder: You will have to unmerge ipw3945 if you used the module from portage. Patch your kernel tree only after the module is removed. Sometimes you may find it's safer to make mrproper before recompiling your kernel. (Don't forget to save your kernel config beforehand or use zcat /proc/config.gz > /usr/src/linux/.config && make oldconfig afterwards if you didn't.)

The script uses ipw3945 insert/remove instructions to run the daemon as those defined in /etc/modules.d/ipw3945d. I know there are some of you who reported these instructions didn't work so it's not a solution for these cases. My script runs on systems where ipw3945d was actually running automatically *without* using the /etc/init.d/ipw3945d init script hence the versions of ipw3945d I mentioned above.

You can however check if the daemon actually runs when ipw3945 is inserted: first make sure the daemon is not running then do a modprobe ipw3945. You might as well clean out ipw3945 packages and reboot without it so you'll be 100% sure there's no daemon running when you make the tests. (Make sure you have an alternate connection to the Internet or you have the packages actually saved in ${DISTDIR}...)

Then emerge =ipw3945d-1.7.18 =ipw3945-ucode-1.14.2 and modprobe ipw3945. If you see the WiFi LED blinking or lit then the daemon was successfully run. Note you might want to disable wireless network scripts for the test.

You will then need a modified /etc/modules.d/ipw3945d:

/etc/modules.d/ipw3945d:
install ipw3945 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ipw3945; sleep 0.5; /usr/local/sbin/ipw3945-ctrl
remove ipw3945 /usr/local/sbin/ipw3945-ctrl stop; /sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove ipw3945

Watch out since it will be overwritten each time you emerge ipw3945d.

Getting started

Put the following script in /usr/local/sbin and edit /etc/modules.d/ipw3945d as indicated above.

/usr/local/sbin/ipw3945-ctrl:
# This script delays loading ipw3945 until root filesystem becomes mounted
# read/write as the kernel module is now loaded by udev and the daemon wants
# to create a PID file. This script was tested on a system with /var mounted
# from a specific partition.
#
# The script requires udev-104 or above for udev to correctly process module
# insert and remove instructions. File /etc/init.d/modules.d/ipw3945d also
# needs to be changed to run this script instead of /sbin/ipw3945d.
#
# Author: Vince C. (2007)

# Default to "start" command in daemon mode when run with no argument
if [[ -z "$1" ]]; then
        /usr/bin/logger -t ipw3945d "Running in the background"
        $0 start &
        exit 0
fi

CMD=${1:-start}
PIDFILE=/var/run/ipw3945d.pid

# Remove pid file if it exists for it is not deleted
# when the system shuts down.
remove_pid_file() {
        [[ -f ${PIDFILE} ]] && \
        logger -t ipw3945d "Removing PID file" && \
        rm ${PIDFILE} 2>/dev/null
}

case ${CMD} in
        "start")

                # Run daemon as soon as /var/run is present and
                # writeable
                remove_pid_file
                while [[ ! -d /var/run/ ]]; do
                        sleep 1s
                done

                (( TRY=0 ))
                while ! /sbin/ipw3945d --quiet 2>/dev/null && [[ $TRY < 10 ]]; do
                        sleep 0.5s
                        remove_pid_file
                        (( TRY++ ))
                done
                ;;

        "stop")
                if [[ -f ${PIDFILE} ]]; then
                        logger -t ipw3945d "Stopping daemon (PID: $(cat ${PIDFILE}))"
                        /sbin/ipw3945d --kill

                elif ! pidof ipw3945d > /dev/null; then
                        logger -t ipw3945d "killing daemon (PID: $(cat ${PIDFILE}))"
                        killall -9 ipw3945d
                fi
                ;;
esac

You should now see the WiFi led blink as soon as / is mounted read/write when you reboot your laptop.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”


Last edited by VinzC on Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thelee
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 23 Jul 2007
Posts: 132

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
thelee wrote:
I use x86. Why would I need to downgrade if i used x86_64?

Because I'm now using x86_64 and the latest versions didn't work for me - like for some other people. The kernel module loaded but I got an error message saying an "Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG could not be detected". And I did try the latest version on x86_64 only.

So I downgraded both packages and they worked again. I have had to mask the latest version of both packages however since they're marked stable in portage. Note the latest version is easy to recognize: it's the one with the ipw3945d init script.

Conclusion: try downgrading and see if it works :-)


Downgrading appeared to do the trick, as after downgrading my daemon and firmware, fixing the config file, and running modules-update, eth2 appeared and my wifi led started to blink in glorious victory.

I do have a question about portage dependencies, as what I originally did was unmerge all ipw3945-related stuff and try to emerge all but the newest versions using a package.mask entry. However, the older ipw3945 driver wanted to bring in an older ieee80211 module, which I didn't want, and if I tried to emerge the newer ipw3945 driver, it would complain that I had masked a necessary ipw3945d dependency. What I ended up doing was merging all the new drivers, then specifically downgrading the daemon and microcode, leaving the ipw3945 driver at the newest version. However, it feels like I should be worried about this direct contravention of portage's dependency tree... I mean, I'm new to this stuff but it would seem like that dependency on the newer daemon was for a reason...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelee wrote:
I do have a question about portage dependencies, as what I originally did was unmerge all ipw3945-related stuff and try to emerge all but the newest versions using a package.mask entry. However, the older ipw3945 driver wanted to bring in an older ieee80211 module, which I didn't want, and if I tried to emerge the newer ipw3945 driver, it would complain that I had masked a necessary ipw3945d dependency. What I ended up doing was merging all the new drivers, then specifically downgrading the daemon and microcode, leaving the ipw3945 driver at the newest version. However, it feels like I should be worried about this direct contravention of portage's dependency tree... I mean, I'm new to this stuff but it would seem like that dependency on the newer daemon was for a reason...

That's why I (and probably most of us, reading this thread since the very beginning) use rmh3093's patch, which includes ipw3945 driver in the kernel; I don't use portages's but only the daemon and firmware. I don't remember the exact location in this thread where the link to the patch is but I'll try to find it back for you if you want.

Here's a preview of my /etc/portage/package.mask, maybe you'll find it useful:

grep ipw /etc/portage/package.mask:
>net-wireless/ipw3945d-1.7.18


EDIT: Here they are

http://www.rit.edu/~rmh3093/ipw3945-1.2.0_for_2.6.19.patch and
http://www.rit.edu/~rmh3093/ipw3945-1.2.0_for_2.6.20.patch

The latter is also valid with 2.6.21 series (I've flawlessly patched gentoo-sources-2.6.21 until -r4 with that one).

Also be sure to use kernel built-in ieee80211 instead of portage's. I forgot to mention that before.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mamac
l33t
l33t


Joined: 29 Feb 2004
Posts: 846

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

After emerge -uDN world (and kernel upgrade) my wireless driver was down complaining with the famous "Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG could not be detected".

I'm quite surprised that after an "update-modules force" the wireless works again with net-wireless/ipw3945 1.2.0, ipw3945-ucode 1.14.2 and ipw3945d 1.7.22-r4.

Cheers
_________________
Powered by (x86) Gentoo Linux since 2003
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you all should be using the iwl3945 drivers now.... they should work fine for everyone, if they dont, then go to #ipw2100 on freenode and they will fix it
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 1138

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
you all should be using the iwl3945 drivers now.... they should work fine for everyone, if they dont, then go to #ipw2100 on freenode and they will fix it


Until they *do* work fine for everyone I will be sticking w/ ipw3945. Last time I tried the iwl3945 my wireless LED did not come on.
_________________
Dont make it idiot proof, make it work.
Neucode.org
<suppressed key>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatryder wrote:
Until they *do* work fine for everyone [...]

I'd have said "most of us" instead ;-) ...
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gzaa
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everyone, I am using this forum frequently and it always helped me without asking something, but ipw3945 just changed that. I simply do not know what to do next. I think I used all the resources (or maybe I simply missed something).

I am running on gentoo 2.6.21-r4. I have a HP nx6310 with intel wireless 3945abg. I managed to emerge ipw3945 and ipw3945d. Now when I make modprobe ipw3945 I get this >>

Quote:

shaolin linux # modprobe ipw3945
FATAL: Error inserting ipw3945 (/lib/modules/2.6.21-gentoo-r4/net/wireless/ipw3945.ko): Unknown symbol in module, or unknown parameter (see dmesg)
* WARNING: ipw3945d has already been started.


dmesg says >>

Quote:

ipw3945: Unknown symbol iw_handler_set_spy
ipw3945: Unknown symbol iw_handler_get_thrspy
ipw3945: Unknown symbol wireless_send_event
ipw3945: Unknown symbol iw_handler_get_spy
ipw3945: Unknown symbol iw_handler_set_thrspy


I tried to google this, but I didnt find anything helpful. I guess this has something to do with missing modules, but I am lost in this.

here another output >>

Quote:

shaolin linux # cat .config | grep IEEE80211
CONFIG_IEEE80211=y
# CONFIG_IEEE80211_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_WEP=y
CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_CCMP=y
CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_TKIP=y
# CONFIG_IEEE80211_SOFTMAC is not set


Hope you guys can help me with this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
VinzC
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 17 Apr 2004
Posts: 4665
Location: Theux (Belgium)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gzaa wrote:
hello everyone, I am using this forum frequently and it always helped me without asking something, but ipw3945 just changed that. I simply do not know what to do next. I think I used all the resources (or maybe I simply missed something).

I am running on gentoo 2.6.21-r4. [...]
Hope you guys can help me with this.

Follow these steps, just above.
_________________
Gentoo addict: tomorrow I quit, I promise!... Just one more emerge...
GNU/Linux user #369763
“Wow! I feel root”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatryder wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
you all should be using the iwl3945 drivers now.... they should work fine for everyone, if they dont, then go to #ipw2100 on freenode and they will fix it


Until they *do* work fine for everyone I will be sticking w/ ipw3945. Last time I tried the iwl3945 my wireless LED did not come on.


that is just a cosmetic thing, yes the led triggers are not connected yet (as of the version im using which is not the latest though), but wireless functionality should work fine
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
beatryder
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 08 Apr 2005
Posts: 1138

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
beatryder wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
you all should be using the iwl3945 drivers now.... they should work fine for everyone, if they dont, then go to #ipw2100 on freenode and they will fix it


Until they *do* work fine for everyone I will be sticking w/ ipw3945. Last time I tried the iwl3945 my wireless LED did not come on.


that is just a cosmetic thing, yes the led triggers are not connected yet (as of the version im using which is not the latest though), but wireless functionality should work fine

Well, I can appreciate that, but until one of two things happens:

1) They fix the LED (it's only cosmetic I know, but I am superficial and fickle)
2) The Gentoo maintainers of the packages state officially that they are no longer supporting the old method.

I will be honest, I don't mind the regulatory daemon since my wifi has always worked since I first installed it.
_________________
Dont make it idiot proof, make it work.
Neucode.org
<suppressed key>
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gzaa
n00b
n00b


Joined: 09 Aug 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinzC wrote:
gzaa wrote:
hello everyone, I am using this forum frequently and it always helped me without asking something, but ipw3945 just changed that. I simply do not know what to do next. I think I used all the resources (or maybe I simply missed something).

I am running on gentoo 2.6.21-r4. [...]
Hope you guys can help me with this.

Follow these steps, just above.



well, it wasn't necessary after all. I found out I was giving wrong path to the /boot for the freshly compiled image :roll: so Unknown symbol in module means that the modules were not compiled for the actual kernel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beatryder wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
you all should be using the iwl3945 drivers now.... they should work fine for everyone, if they dont, then go to #ipw2100 on freenode and they will fix it


Until they *do* work fine for everyone I will be sticking w/ ipw3945. Last time I tried the iwl3945 my wireless LED did not come on.


My LED works!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muuuaaaaaa hahahahahah!!!!!
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swimmer
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 1289
Location: Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmh3093 wrote:
My LED works!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muuuaaaaaa hahahahahah!!!!!
Do you mind sharing with us how you got them working?

Greetz
swimmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rmh3093
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 06 Aug 2003
Posts: 2138
Location: Albany, NY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swimmer wrote:
rmh3093 wrote:
My LED works!!!!!!!!!!!!! Muuuaaaaaa hahahahahah!!!!!
Do you mind sharing with us how you got them working?

Greetz
swimmer


im testing out a new patch.... it might be in git soon
_________________
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum