accidentilly unmerged binutils
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gearheadsmp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 2:27 am    Post subject: accidentilly unmerged binutils Reply with quote

I accidentilly unmerged binutils, thinking it was a rarely used library. Little did I know that I need it to compile programs. So now I'm in a predicament of not knowing how to reinstall binutils. I've tried emerging binutils, I've tried compiling it on another machine and then 'make install'ng it on the troubled box.

I need some way to have the [binutils] binaries pre-compiled and just copy them into the respective folders using the 'cp' command. I don't have RPM support installed, so I don't know what to try next. :!: I need help :!: , or else I'm going to have to ftp my /etc dir to another box and re-build the system.
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
emerge -b binutils
or
Code:
ebuild /usr/portage/sys-devel/binutils/binutils-2.12.90.0.7.ebuild package

This will compile the file and stores it as a tbz2 package in /usr/portage/packages/All. This way you can cp it to your computer and just do a emerge -k I think or just untar the package in root and rebuild binutils afterwards.

Cya lX
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: