Patched dmraid on a LiveCD for jMicron [Workaround]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Patched dmraid on a LiveCD for jMicron [Workaround] Reply with quote

Hi @all

I need help finding a LiveCD (Not DVD) which includes this Patch in dmraid:
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/devel/dmraid/dmraid-1.0.0.rc14-jmicron-name.patch?view=markup
Or any other patch with this integrated.

It's a Patch for the jmicron Raid Controller which fix the Problem with the spaces at the end of the names of the device-mapper devices, i could not install/work with Gentoo without this Patch, i can create a executable with compiling it on an installed system (Static linked) and the copy it to my usb stick, but before i can do this i have to install my system, and that is the Problem.

I hope somebody can help me with that.

CoS24

*EDIT* This Patch will also be included in dmraid 1.0.0.rc15 but i don't know how long it takes until it will be released.
*EDIT2* Or if someone knows about a static linked prebuild binary which i can download from the Internet and copy to my usb stick, then i could solve the problem.

Last edited by Child_of_Sun_24 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
pietrek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me whole week to figure this out when I got my brand new JMicron RAID-0 system. I thought I was gonna shoot myself in the knee. The final solution that I came up with was backing everything up, deleting the RAID and recreating it again. This time with a different name, 16 characters long (_SEAGATE_250GBX2) which finally solved that annoying dmraid problem.
Child_of_Sun_24
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG :-)

I can remember that i solved the Problem in the far past, but i don't remember the Patch source, have tried every patch i found on the web since my last post, nothing helped, even the 1.0.0.rc15-pre Patchset won't help:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/dm-devel/msg06771.html

But I know that i have found a working patch for about 8 or 9 Months ago, when i bought my Board (Have got a Gigabyte P35-DS3) but i can't remember which patch i used :-(.

Seems to be that i would backup everything and change the name of the Raid :-(

Thanks for the tip with the 16 chars Name,

CoS24
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: