View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mogosjoh
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: GTK Problems (revisited) Reply with quote

so I got some of my GTK 2 font problems resolved, but I still have 2 issues. Some of my fonts in Phoenix still do not look right (I've seen this discussed elsewhere, but have not seen a fix for it), and after I fixed my font problems for my GTK 2 apps, I have some new issues. Here's what is going on.

I made a .gtkrc.mine file in my home directory that looks like this:
Code:

gtk-font-name = "Arial 12"
style "user-font"
{
font="-monotype-arial-medium-r-normal-*-12-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-15"
}
widget_class "*" style "user-font"

that fixed my problems with gaim-cvs (which was that the fonts were tiny and unreadable in it). Now, when I run a few apps from the command line, specifically btdownloadprefetched.py, they give me this error:
Code:

/home/mogosjoh/.gtkrc.mine:1: error: unexpected identifier `gtk-font-name', expected keyword - e.g. `style'

the apps still start and run fine, but I would like to at least figure out why this is going on.

thanks for the help,

-John

UPDATE:

On a related note, here are is what appears when I start phoenix from the command line:

Code:

/home/mogosjoh/.gtkrc.mine:1: error: unexpected identifier `gtk-font-name', expected keyword - e.g. `style'
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /opt/netscape/plugins/npflash.so [/opt/netscape/plugins/npflash.so: undefined symbol: __dso_handle]
LoadPlugin: failed to initialize shared library /usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so [/usr/lib/nsbrowser/plugins/java2/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so: undefined symbol: __vt_17nsGetServiceByCID]

thanks again!
Codec & Electron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2003 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: GTK Problems (revisited) Reply with quote

mogosjoh wrote:
I made a .gtkrc.mine file in my home directory that looks like this: [...] Now, when I run a few apps from the command line, specifically btdownloadprefetched.py, they give me this error:
Code:

~/.gtkrc.mine is parsed by GTK-1.x applications which don't know the (GTK-2.x specific) 'gtk-font-name' identifier as the error message tells it. You should better put it into something like ~/.gtkrc-2.0 which is only parsed by GTK-2.x applications.

Kind regards,
C&E
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: