Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey video heads.

Thanks for the ebuild. I'm running it right now. It configured fine and I'm watching it compile. Stay tuned for cries of joy or anguish.....

P.S.: for those who got it working , is it more stable and usable?
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Cinelerra 2.0 update Reply with quote

There is a custom ebuild of cinelerra that I got working. To do the same, you must make sure that faac2 is installed and compile the x264 with USE="-X"

Libquicktime was a bit tricky as well. If it complains about libquicktime, emerge -C it , then emerge cinelerra-cvs (the custom ebuild)

Editing and working on .VOB files straight off the DVD is awesome! I'm editing my raw dv capture avi's from my dv camcorder as well. The only problem is that under gentoo , cinelerra takes a major swan dive when trying to render ANYTHING. This bug gives the reason.

So my question is: is there any way to compile glibc with malloc check DISABLED? The poster here believes that malloc check is the cause.
kettuz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fixed! Apparently there was something amiss in the merge of heroine version and cvs. But now should be working just fine... gotta re-emerge...
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kettuz wrote:
It's fixed! Apparently there was something amiss in the merge of heroine version and cvs. But now should be working just fine... gotta re-emerge...

I got the source from zephyr's site but it still does the exact same thing for me. I'm about go give up.

Did this work for you and if so what did you do???

*frustrated*
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after much obsessing, i've found several threads that explain the problem.

In a nutshell, the newer versions of glibc enable MALLOC_CHECK_ by default and at the same time provide NO OPTION to turn it off. In previos versions, the USE flag "nomalloccheck" could be used. Now it cannot.

I'm trying right now to re-compile cinelerra with yet another change in use flags (none have worked so far, it's shooting invisible pigeons in the dark). When it's done, i'm going to try

MALLOC_CHECK_="0" cinelerra

This should in theory run cinelerra in a state where glibc won't give a flying f#@$ at the moon whether there is corrupt data or not.

There is still the underlying bug that needs to be fixed, but hey, i'm just a deranged cinelerra fan boy anyway......

** UPDATE ***
deranged cinelerra fanboy achieves success via this procedure - MALLOC_CHECK_=1 /usr/bin/cinelerra

now i have to figure out how to actually edit with this thing....

My oscar is as good as won.......
pussi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cinelerra 2.0 is also in portage now
Quote:
cinelerra-cvs-20051005.ebuild: Version bump. This introduces Cinelerra version 2.0.
lo-jay
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, trying to compile the new cinelerra-cvs-20051005 i get the following compile error on my amd64 system:

Code:
avc1394control.C: In member function `char* AVC1394Control::timecode()':
avc1394control.C:166: error: `avc1394_vcr_get_timecode2' undeclared (first use this function)
avc1394control.C:166: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: *** [avc1394control.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/cinelerra'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/cinelerra'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-video/cinelerra-cvs-20051005 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 66, Exitcode 2
!!! make failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

what is missing :? ?

thanks!

The mechanic "One of 'em Dodge Chargers - let him go by."
The driver "Not today!"

taken from "Two Lane Blacktop"
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pussi wrote:
Cinelerra 2.0 is also in portage now
Quote:
cinelerra-cvs-20051005.ebuild: Version bump. This introduces Cinelerra version 2.0.

INdeed it is. The rendering problem is fixed, but when i edit and save a file, then close the program, the edits are not there when i open the file again.

If you get it running, please let me know if you have this problem also. I put a bug report on the cinelerra cvs site that you may add to ifyou find something different.

here is the link: http://bugs.cinelerra.org/show_bug.cgi?id=199
lo-jay
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, after changing to sys-libs/libacv1394-0.5.0 it finished compiling - so far so good.
but starting it i see the windows flying by - and than CRASH??? no error output either.

thanks for any insights!

The mechanic "One of 'em Dodge Chargers - let him go by."
The driver "Not today!"

taken from "Two Lane Blacktop"
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lo-jay wrote:
well, after changing to sys-libs/libacv1394-0.5.0 it finished compiling - so far so good.
but starting it i see the windows flying by - and than CRASH??? no error output either.

thanks for any insights!

So do you get the workspace open at all, i mean: can you see the compositor, the timeline , etc?

Run it in a terminal like this gdb /usr/bin/cinelerra

then say : run

then when it crashes say tb

Go to the cinelerra cvs site and post a bug. You might want to go to the #cinelerra irc room on freenode.

I like talking to j6t, ga and zypher. They seem more open. Minmax is kind of uppity and doesn't seem to like "mere users".

Generally, they are a great group of devs. Me and kettuz have been going there quite a bit.

I'd like to get a tight group of cinelerra USERS together: people who actually produce video with the thing.
MIT_Service
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had a pretty weird cinelerra crash problem that was related to compile optimizations.
You might try to tune down to -O2 or something like that.

I haven't tried the newest cinelerra-cvs though(still got a problem with x264). Might be something else...
babo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is what I get with newest cinelerra-cvs:

Code:
if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../quicktime -I../guicast -I../libmpeg3   -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_FIREWIRE     -DHAVE_ESOUND  -DHAVE_ALSA   -I/usr/include/mjpegtools -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mpeg2enc -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mplex   -I/usr/include/OpenEXR   -DPLUGIN_DIR=\"/usr/lib/cinelerra\" -march=k8 -O2 -pipe -MT avc1394control.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo" \
  -c -o avc1394control.o `test -f 'avc1394control.C' || echo './'`avc1394control.C; \
then mv -f ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo" ".deps/avc1394control.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi
avc1394control.C:166: error: `avc1394_vcr_get_timecode2' undeclared (first use this function)
avc1394control.C:166: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/cinelerra'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/cinelerra'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/cinelerra-cvs-20051005/work/cinelerra-cvs-20051005'

!!! make failed

edit: and yes I saw lo-jay's post, I'm trying with new libavc1394 now
babo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just get initial splash image with loading everything and than it dies.

this is the output of gdb:

Code:
babo@rasta ~ $ gdb /usr/bin/cinelerra
GNU gdb 6.0
Copyright 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db libra
ry "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/cinelerra
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 46912556972672 (LWP 20601)]
Cinelerra 2.0 Sat Aug 27 21:05:30 PDT 2005 (C)2005 Heroine Virtual Ltd.

Cinelerra is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License,
and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under
certain conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for Cinelerra.
[New Thread 1082132832 (LWP 20604)]
Detaching after fork from child process 20605.
MWindow::init_theme: theme Blue Dot not found.

Program exited with code 01.
(gdb)

so I'll start looking for a config file with theme defined.
Anyone knows where it is

edit: ok, that wasn't hard. Just erased ~/.bcast/Cinelerra-rc and now it starts, I can load files but when I try to play anything it crashes
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a scrwey problem where i selected buz driver, which caused the program to crash as soon as i hit the apply button. My solution (lol for you) was to erase .bast and then select the X11 driver for video playback.

You might want to check the playback settings and make sure buz driver is NOT selected. You might also make sure that OSS or ALSA sound drivers are selected according to what is available on your system.

Also, when you get it running, could you please do some quick edits with fading and/or camera pan (click the blue line in the center of the track) , then save the file, close and re-open files? I really want to see if someone else is having the problem or if it is just me.

P.S.: Hurry up and get cinelerra working so we can win our Oscar...
MIT_Service
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plexroth wrote:

Also, when you get it running, could you please do some quick edits with fading and/or camera pan (click the blue line in the center of the track) , then save the file, close and re-open files? I really want to see if someone else is having the problem or if it is just me.

I got the same problem. Edits are not saved...

Other Topic:
any way to get cinelerra to show english language?
I'm running on de_DE.utf8 and most menus are in german. The problem is that umlauts are not correctly displayed and I don't recognize most of the menu options because I only used english cinelerra before.
I tried the command line: "LANG=en_US cinelerra" but no use. Do I have to recompile?
Plexroth
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIT_Service wrote:
Plexroth wrote:

I got the same problem. Edits are not saved...

Other Topic:
I'm running on de_DE.utf8 and most menus are in german. The problem is that umlauts are not correctly displayed and I don't recognize most of the menu options because I only used english cinelerra before.
I tried the command line: "LANG=en_US cinelerra" but no use. Do I have to recompile?

Sorry, i have no idea about the language bit. I can ask around for you.

On the no save thing, the problem has been fixed in CVS but not updated in portage. I pulled a fast one with the ebuild though. I took the source from the CVS and packed it into a bz2 tar ball and named it EXACTLY the same as the tar ball from portage. Then i placed the cinelerra cvs ebuild in the overlay directory and ran ebuild cinelerra-cvs-versionname digest

Then i ran sync. When i emerged cinelerra cvs, portage looked in the overlay dir and took my hacked up package. Now cinelerra works flawlessly.

I"m not sure when zypher will update cinelerra in portage.

Let me know if this is not clear to you because I may not have explained it very well.
MIT_Service
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The explanation is perfectly clear to me (thought about doing something like this myself).
But I guess I'll stay with the current state and wait until portage updates. I currently have no video project so I can wait some more...

But thanks for your explanation and the heads up about the cvs status.
x1jmp
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MIT_Service wrote:

I never had succes with LANG= etc.
Have you tried "LC_ALL=C cinelerra" ?
MIT_Service
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, that did it.
LC_ALL=C gives me a complete english interface.
For the german users with utf8 out there: LC_ALL=en_US (strange) or LC_ALL=de_DE gives me a german interface with no warped umlauts.
You might want to create an alias or startup script for cinelerra if some characters look funky...
bakaohki
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compiled the cvs version, but it is unusable on my amd64 system; gui starts, can click around, but pressing a button with a video file loaded it crashes.

Update: recompiled with oss (-alsa) and static => now it is stable enough to work with.
Genjix
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so what is the way to get cinelerra to work? I can see lots of different ways of getting it to work above... so what should i be doing?
babo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend just:
Code:
emerge cinelerra-cvs

and than if you have problems read if someone had the same, and if not, post them here.
tecknojunky
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babo wrote:
this is what I get with newest cinelerra-cvs:

Code:
if x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I../quicktime -I../guicast -I../libmpeg3   -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DHAVE_FIREWIRE     -DHAVE_ESOUND  -DHAVE_ALSA   -I/usr/include/mjpegtools -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mpeg2enc -I/usr/include/mjpegtools/mplex   -I/usr/include/OpenEXR   -DPLUGIN_DIR=\"/usr/lib/cinelerra\" -march=k8 -O2 -pipe -MT avc1394control.o -MD -MP -MF ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo" \
  -c -o avc1394control.o `test -f 'avc1394control.C' || echo './'`avc1394control.C; \
then mv -f ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo" ".deps/avc1394control.Po"; \
else rm -f ".deps/avc1394control.Tpo"; exit 1; \
fi

!!! make failed

edit: and yes I saw lo-jay's post, I'm trying with new libavc1394 now
Thank you :D

bakaohki wrote:
I compiled the cvs version, but it is unusable on my amd64 system; gui starts, can click around, but pressing a button with a video file loaded it crashes.

Update: recompiled with oss (-alsa) and static => now it is stable enough to work with.
Thank you :D altough, in my case, I kept it dynamic and the crashing stopped anyhow.
Gotterdammerung
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to install cinelerra-cvs without problems, but I didn't manage to save any file. Please, help! Check this post for further details.
MIT_Service
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Tleilaxu:

Plexroth wrote:

On the no save thing, the problem has been fixed in CVS but not updated in portage. I pulled a fast one with the ebuild though. I took the source from the CVS and packed it into a bz2 tar ball and named it EXACTLY the same as the tar ball from portage. Then i placed the cinelerra cvs ebuild in the overlay directory and ran ebuild cinelerra-cvs-versionname digest

Then i ran sync. When i emerged cinelerra cvs, portage looked in the overlay dir and took my hacked up package. Now cinelerra works flawlessly.

I"m not sure when zypher will update cinelerra in portage.

Someone should submit a bug to bugzilla I guess... or at least give someone in charge a heads up...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: