Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
GCJ as Java SDK, dead, long live IcedTea!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O, how is that possible?
arzed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need statically linked libraries, hence I try to avoid to build them. So far none of my >800 installed packages needed libstdc++.a so I didn't build it.

Once in a while I'm thus hit by such errors, but I think it's worth it.
emerald
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, i got Icedtea to compile on my little iBook G4.
Using the IBM JDK it always dies somewhere during compile complaining about some CORBA version problem. So i went and got a binary OpenJDK version for PPC from ubuntu, created a small ebuild and used it to build Icedtea. And afterwards used Icedtea to build itself again :D
It took long, really long compared to the AMD64 install but it seems to work.
It is slow since there's no JIT compiler for PPC architecture in openjdk available but now, at least, i got a compatible and working Java and Java plugin too :D

Code:

aki ~ # genlop -t icedtea
 * dev-java/icedtea

Wed Apr 30 05:41:24 2008 >>> dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1
       merge time: 12 hours, 22 minutes.

Wed Apr 30 19:58:24 2008 >>> dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1
       merge time: 9 hours, 43 minutes and 32 seconds.

...for the 1.3GHz iBook G4, 1.5G RAM (the first one had to share the cpu some more :/).

On the AMD64 2x2.2GHz, 4G RAM it took < 1h.

... running Gentoo Linux ...
... and Windows in a 'small corner'(C) - i.e. vmware - :D ...
System Profile

Don't open the Red Door !
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the error with ibm-jdk?
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone interested to maintain gcj-overlay?

for a gcj flavoured icedtea ebuild I have this diff to icedtea in java-overlay.
http://geki.ath.cx/hacks/icedtea-gcj.diff

have fun! :o
emerald
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geki wrote:
what is the error with ibm-jdk?

Code:

/bin/mkdir -p /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib
rm -f /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib/orb.idl
/bin/cp ../../../../src/share/classes/com/sun/tools/corba/se/idl/orb.idl /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib/orb.idl
/bin/mkdir -p /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib
rm -f /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib/ir.idl
/bin/cp ../../../../src/share/classes/com/sun/tools/corba/se/idl/ir.idl /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/lib/ir.idl
make[5]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make/org/omg/idl'
  Timing: 00033 seconds or 33s for make-org-omg-idl
<<<Finished Recursively making idl build @ Thu May  1 21:32:49 CEST 2008.
>>>Recursively making sources build @ Thu May  1 21:32:49 CEST 2008 ...
make[5]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make/org/omg/sources'
/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/bootstrap/jdk1.6.0/bin/idlj -J-client -J-Xmx896m -J-Xms128m -J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=160m -td "/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/gensrc" -i "../../../../src/share/classes/org/omg/PortableServer" -i "../../../../src/share/classes/org/omg/PortableInterceptor" -corba 3.0 -fall -pkgPrefix PortableServer org.omg ../../../../src/share/classes/org/omg/PortableServer/poa.idl
com.ibm.idl.InvalidArgument: CORBA level %O is not supported.

Compiler Usage:
 java com.ibm.idl.toJavaPortable.Compile [options] <idl file>
where <idl file> is the name of a file containing IDL definitions, and
[options] is any combination of the options listed below.  The options
are optional and may appear in any order; <idl file> is required and
must appear last.

Options:
-d <symbol>          This is equivalent to the following line in an
                     IDL file:  #define <symbol>
-emitAll             Emit all types, including those found in #included files.
-encoding ISO-8859-1 Read IDL file contents using ISO-8859-1 (CORBA standard)
                     character encoding, in place of the default platform native encoding.
-javaencoding ISO-8859-1 Write Java file contents using ISO-8859-1
                     character encoding, in place of the default platform native encoding.
-f<side>             Define what bindings to emit.  <side> is one of client,
                     server, all, serverTIE, allTIE.  serverTIE and allTIE
                     cause delegate model skeletons to be emitted.  If this
                     flag is not used, -fclient is assumed.
-i <include path>    By default, the current directory is scanned for
                     included files.  This option adds another directory.
-keep                If a file to be generated already exists, do not
                     overwrite it.  By default it is overwritten.
-noWarn              Suppress warnings.
-oldImplBase         Generate skeletons compatible with old (pre-1.4) JDK ORBs.
-pkgPrefix <t> <prefix> When the type or module name <t> is encountered at
                     file scope, begin the Java package name for all files
                     generated for <t> with <prefix>.
-pkgTranslate <t> <pkg> When the module name <t> is encountered, replace
                     it with <pkg> in the generated java package. Note that
                     pkgPrefix changes are made first. <t> must match the
                     full package name exactly. Also, <t> must not be
                     org, org.omg, or any subpackage of org.omg.
-skeletonName <xxx%yyy> Name the skeleton according to the pattern.
                     The defaults are:
                     %POA for the POA base class (-fserver or -fall)
                     _%ImplBase for the oldImplBase base class
                     (-oldImplBase and (-fserver or -fall)).
-td <dir>            use <dir> for the output directory instead of
                     the current directory.
-tieName <xxx%yyy>  Name the tie according to the pattern.  The defaults are:
                     %POATie for the POA tie (-fserverTie or -fallTie)
                     %_Tie for the oldImplBase tie
                     (-oldImplBase and (-fserverTie or -fallTie)).
-v, -verbose         Verbose mode.
-version             Display the version number and quit.

make[5]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/build/linux-ppc/corba/gensrc/org/omg/PortableServer/AdapterActivator.java] Error 2
make[5]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make/org/omg/sources'
make[4]: *** [build] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make/org/omg'
make[3]: *** [build] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make/org'
make[2]: *** [build] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/corba/make'
make[1]: *** [corba-build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1/work/icedtea6-1.1/openjdk/control/make'
make: *** [icedtea] Error 2
 * ERROR: dev-java/icedtea-6.1.1 failed.

System Profile

geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hm, funny. may be simply removing '-corba 3.0' will do? or some alternative flag that I could not find in ibm.com depth.
emerald
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IBM JDK is a huge pita so i'll try to avoid it as much as possible.
With the 1.6 JDK Openoffice has problems compiling, i've never gotten Eclipse to work correctly, whether there's no font visible (and everything you do is wild guessing) or Eclipse (up till 3.2 iirc) crashes now and then, when doing just small things or even anything at all.
Several other things hab problems too where i don't recall the details anymore.
As long as the OpenJDK is working i stay with it, use it for everything possible. Actually i'll have to try the speed of Eclipse running on OpenJDK, or better, try to run it at all ;)
Maybe, when i have time, i will look into building a JIT compiler for ppc but that's future thinking for now ;) ...or someone else may have created one already by then :D

System Profile

gtl4407
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using: I have installed GCJ 4.3.0_alpha20080313 [gcj-jdk-4.3] and compiling something like dev-java/bsh-2.0_beta4-r3 with the gcj option set, I see a warning like this:

" * java native tools unusable!"

Does anyone know what this means? Does it matter? Gentoo still seems to be using sun-jdk for compiling though...

Thanks a lot
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It means that you did not set your prefered gcj via gcj-config yet, afair.
DaggyStyle
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: new icedtea ebuild asks for 37c853f39fe3.tar.bz2? Reply with quote

I've downloaded the new ebuild, upon running digest on the file the program tries to download the file 37c853f39fe3.tar.bz2
why? what is that file for? where can I find it?
and the ebuild pulls in eclipse-ecj, why? I thought it wasn't needed
lancelott
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't install icedtea-6.1.2 or 6.1.3_pre:

Code:
mkdir -p stamps                                                                                                                                           
touch stamps/hotspot-tools-copy-source-files.stamp                                                                                                       
find hotspot-tools -name '*.java' | sort > hotspot-tools-source-files.txt                                                                                 
mkdir -p lib/hotspot-tools                                                                                                                               
if ! test -d /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.3_pre20080601/work/icedtea6-37c853f39fe3/bootstrap/jdk1.6.0 ; \                                       
        then \                                                                                                                                           
          /usr/bin/ecj-3.3 -nowarn -J-Xmx512m -g -d lib/hotspot-tools \                                                                                   
            -source 1.5 \                                                                                                                                 
            -sourcepath rt:hotspot-tools:openjdk/jdk/src/share/classes:openjdk/jdk/src/solaris/classes:openjdk/langtools/src/share/classes:openjdk/jaxp/src/share/classes:openjdk/corba/src/share/classes:openjdk/jaxws/src/share/classes:generated \                                                               
            -bootclasspath '' @hotspot-tools-source-files.txt ; \                                                                                         
        else \                                                                                                                                           
          /var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.3_pre20080601/work/icedtea6-37c853f39fe3/bootstrap/jdk1.6.0/bin/javac -J-Xmx512m -g -d lib/hotspot-tools \
            -source 1.5 \                                                                                                                                 
            -sourcepath rt:hotspot-tools:openjdk/jdk/src/share/classes:openjdk/jdk/src/solaris/classes:openjdk/langtools/src/share/classes:openjdk/jaxp/src/share/classes:openjdk/corba/src/share/classes:openjdk/jaxws/src/share/classes:generated \                                                               
        fi                                                                                                                                               
incorrect classpath: hotspot-tools/com/sun/codemodel/internal/ClassType.java                                                                             
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space                                                                                   
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getInputStreamAsCharArray(Util.java:207)                                                           
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.util.Util.getFileCharContent(Util.java:73)                                                                   
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.CompilationUnit.getContents(CompilationUnit.java:71)                                                   
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main$3.acceptResult(Main.java:3182)                                                                   
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.handleInternalException(Compiler.java:486)                                                         
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:411)                                                                         
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.performCompilation(Main.java:3410)                                                               
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.compile(Main.java:1607)                                                                           
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.main(Main.java:1264)                                                                             
make: *** [stamps/hotspot-tools-class-files.stamp] Error 1                                                                                               
 *                                                                                                                                                       
 * ERROR: dev-java/icedtea-6.1.3_pre20080601 failed.                                                                                                     
 * Call stack:                                                                                                                                           
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile                                                                                               
 *             environment, line 4527:  Called die                                                                                                       
 * The specific snippet of code:                                                                                                                         
 *       emake -j1 || die "make failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   make failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.3_pre20080601/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.3_pre20080601/temp/environment'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/portage/layman/java-overlay/'
!!! When you file a bug report, please include the following information:
GENTOO_VM=sun-jdk-1.6  CLASSPATH="" JAVA_HOME=""
JAVACFLAGS="" COMPILER=""
and of course, the output of emerge --info

Code:
jdesk ~ # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.5.4 (default-linux/amd64/2007.0/desktop, gcc-4.3.1, glibc-2.7-r2, 2.6.25-gentoo-r4 x86_64)
=================================================================                                     
System uname: 2.6.25-gentoo-r4 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+                               
Timestamp of tree: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 22:45:01 +0000                                                   
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]                                                                         
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p39                                                                         
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6                                                                   
dev-lang/python:     2.5.2-r4                                                                         
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7                                                                           
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.0                                                                           
sys-apps/openrc:     0.2.5                                                                           
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2                                                                     
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.62                                                                       
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1-r1                                     
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r1                                                                         
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4                                                                       
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.4                                                                           
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.25-r4                                                                       
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"                                                                       
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"                                                                         
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -msse3 -pipe"                                                                   
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"                                                                           
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/kde/4.1/env /usr/kde/4.1/share/config /usr/kde/4.1/shutdown /usr/share/config"                                                                                                                                           
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"                                 
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=k8 -msse3 -pipe"                                                                                                                     
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"                                                                                                                         
FEATURES="ccache distlocks parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"                                                               
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.osuosl.org/ "                                                                                                               
LDFLAGS=""
LINGUAS="en en_US"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/layman/java-overlay /usr/local/portage/layman/kdesvn-portage /usr/local/portage/local-overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext 7zip X a52 aac aalib acl acpi aim alsa amarok amazon amd64 ao aotuv apache2 archive audiofile automount bash-completion beagle berkdbbittorrent blender-game bzip2 cairo cdaudio cdda cddb cdio cdparanoia cdr cdrom cg cjk cli colordiff cracklib crypt css cups curl curlwrappers cursors cvs dbus divx dnotify dri dvd dvdr dvdread editor emboss emovix enca encode escreen event-callback evo exif extraengine fam fame fat ffmpeg file-icons firefox flac fmod fortran ftp fuse gd gdbm geoip gif gimp git glib glitz glut gmail gmedia gnome gnutls gpg gpm graphics grub gstreamer gtk gtkhtml gzip hal http icons iconv id3 id3tag image imagemagick imap imlib imlib2 inifile innodb inotify ipv6 irc isdnlog jabber java java5 java6 javascript joystick jpeg kdelibcaca libnotify libsamplerate libvisual libwww lights live logviewer lyrics lzma lzo mad matroska menubar midi mikmod mime mjpeg mmap mmx mmxext mng modplug mouse mozilla moznocompose moznoirc moznomail mp2 mp3 mp4 mp4live mpeg mpeg2 mplayer mudflap musepack music musicbrainz mysql mysqli ncurses net network nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin nuv nvidia office ogg openal opengl oscar oss pam pcre pdf pdo perl pidgin pixmaps plasma plugins png pop posix python qt3qt3support qt4 quicktime rar readline realmedia reflection rplay rpm rtc ruby samba screen sdl sdl-image session shout simplexml skins sndfile socks5 speex spell spl sql sqlite sqlite3 srt sse sse2 ssl startup-notification stats stream subtitles subversion svg syslog systray sysvipc taglib tagwriting tcl tcpd textures themes theora thunderbird tiff tk tls trayicon truetype twolame ui unicode unzip usb userlocales vcd vcdx video videos visual visualization vlm vnc vorbis wavpack wma wmp wxwindows x264 x86emu xanim xcomposite xfce xml xmlreader xmlwriter xorg xosd xpm xsl xulrunner xv xvid xvmc zip zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x  ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3       trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en en_US" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: new icedtea ebuild asks for 37c853f39fe3.tar.bz2? Reply with quote

DaggyStyle wrote:
I've downloaded the new ebuild, upon running digest on the file the program tries to download the file 37c853f39fe3.tar.bz2
why? what is that file for? where can I find it?
and the ebuild pulls in eclipse-ecj, why? I thought it wasn't needed
:lol: mercurial snapshot tarball naming.
why ecj? simply because that is what the icedtea devs use.

lancelott does it help if you comment the bootstrap heapsize diff?
astaecker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: new icedtea ebuild asks for 37c853f39fe3.tar.bz2? Reply with quote

geki wrote:
lancelott does it help if you comment the bootstrap heapsize diff?

I have the same problem. And it does not help to comment out this patch.
Carsomyr
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Icedtea ebuild fails with USE="nsplugin" on x86 Reply with quote

When building on x86, the src_install() phase fails because the plugin cannot be found
Code:
ERROR: dev-java/icedtea-6.1.2 failed.
Call stack:
              ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_install
            environment, line 4523:  Called install_mozilla_plugin '/usr/lib/icedtea-6.1.2/jre/lib/i586/gcjwebplugin.so'
            environment, line 2414:  Called die
The specific snippet of code:
          die "Cannot find mozilla plugin at ${D}/${plugin}";
 The die message:
  Cannot find mozilla plugin at /tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.2/image///usr/lib/icedtea-6.1.2/jre/lib/i586/gcjwebplugin.so

The plugin was built, but it is located at /tmp/portage/dev-java/icedtea-6.1.2/image///usr/lib/icedtea-6.1.2/jre/lib/i386/gcjwebplugin.so
The path to the plugin used by the ebuild is using ${arch} to fill in the location of the plugin, which is getting set to i586 during the compile stage to locate the correct build folder.

Would it be possible to include in the ebuild an additional line to set ${arch} to i386 just before installing the plugin, similarly to how it is set to i586 before compiling (only for ARCH=x86 of course, which is the only case where ${arch} is set to something different than ${ARCH})

I did this in my local overlay and the plugin installs now, but it would be nice not to have to edit the ebuild again for any new versions.
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed in my local overlay(see first post).

there is now icedtea6 in java-overlay from andrew.
arzed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: out of heap space Reply with quote

I've got the very same problem as posted above with dev-java/icedtea6-1.2. (outOfMemory-Exception)

I'm using sun-jdk-1.6 as system-vm on amd64 if that helps...
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

java is funny sometimes :o
no idea how to work around that oom. heh.
Need4Speed
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just "upgraded" from geki's icedtea-6.1.2 to gnu_andrew's icedtea6-1.2 and got this error:

Code:
checking for gawk... /usr/bin/gawk
checking for gij... no
checking for java... /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.06/bin/java
checking for ecj... no
checking for ecj-3.1... no
checking for ecj-3.2... no
checking for ecj-3.3... no
checking for javac... /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.06/bin/javac
checking for gjavah... no
checking for javah... /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.06/bin/javah
checking for gjar... no
checking for jar... /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.06/bin/jar
checking for grmic... no
checking for rmic... /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.06/bin/rmic
checking for eclipse-ecj.jar... no
configure: error: "A ECJ jar was not found."

It did install eclipse-ecj-3.4_rc4 as a dependency. Any idea why it doesn't see it?
loftwyr
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it only works with eclipse-ecj versions of 3.1 to 3.3
gnu_andrew
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patched both IcedTea6 1.1 and 1.2 to use Classpath's JAVAC and JAVA detection instead.
This (should) get rid of issues with memory detection, ecj detection, etc.
Please test.
arzed
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still get the error with the patched version:

Code:

if ! test -d /home/paludis/tmp/dev-java-icedtea6-1.2/work/icedtea6-1.2/bootstrap/jdk1.6.0 ; \
        then \
          ecj-3.3 -warn:-deprecation,serial,unusedImport -J-Xmx768M -g -d lib/hotspot-tools \
            -source 1.5 \
        else \
          /home/paludis/tmp/dev-java-icedtea6-1.2/work/icedtea6-1.2/bootstrap/jdk1.6.0/bin/javac -J-Xmx768M -g -d lib/hotspot-tools \
            -source 1.5 \
        fi
incorrect classpath: hotspot-tools/com/sun/codemodel/internal/ClassType.java
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
        at java.util.Arrays.copyOf(Arrays.java:2882)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.expandCapacity(AbstractStringBuilder.java:100)
        at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)
        at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:224)
        at java.io.StringWriter.write(StringWriter.java:95)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:412)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.write(PrintWriter.java:429)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.print(PrintWriter.java:559)
        at java.io.PrintWriter.println(PrintWriter.java:695)
        at java.lang.Throwable.printStackTrace(Throwable.java:512)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.handleInternalException(Compiler.java:461)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:411)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.performCompilation(Main.java:3410)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.compile(Main.java:1607)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.batch.Main.main(Main.java:1264)
make: *** [stamps/hotspot-tools-class-files.stamp] Error 1

although -J-Xmx768M is set now...

I never saw the memory usage go beyond 600MB (includes all other applications).
coregan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: out of heap space Reply with quote

arzed wrote:
I've got the very same problem as posted above with dev-java/icedtea6-1.2. (outOfMemory-Exception)

I'm using sun-jdk-1.6 as system-vm on amd64 if that helps...

Ditto for me, too. I would like to try compiling with the IBM JDK but I how do I get the ebuild to use it instead? If I unmerge Sun's JDK I get a circular dependency.
astaecker
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works now. Thanks.
coregan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arlsair wrote:
Works now. Thanks.

The new ebuild is working for me as well. Many thanks!

Chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 21 of 26

Jump to: