CUPS Web Config shows no devices
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thadk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: CUPS Web Config shows no devices Reply with quote

I've tried running through the printing guide, n00b guide, and various other sources of help here on the forum but can't get the CUPS web interface to show any devices in the popdown dialog on the second screen after pressing Add Printer. I also can't get foomatic to work (lpadmin: add-printer (enable) failed: server-error-service-unavailable) but another thread said that it was fairly safe to skip and theres no other post for that error in the forum.

I can print to my usb printer using the device just fine.

I found my printer PPD on the linux printing home page, loaded it in place but this is keeping me from doing anything. Why wouldn't any devices be displayed there?
thadk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, just fixed it, what a pita... It was a misconfigured /etc/hosts file. Anyone know what the proper line should be for the localhost? I had 10.0.0.104 127.0.0.1 localhost but that seemed to be sqrewing things up.
BillyD
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

127.0.0.1 localhost

You also need to specify your IP address and the name of your box - mine looks like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.0.2 osiris.billydpro.com osiris #<---- This is my machine: IP, fully qualified domain name and hostname.
192.168.0.1 anubis.billydpro.com #<-----This is my router/firewall - just needs IP and domain name
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: