Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Glibc overlay with amd64 performance patches! (obsolete)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nxsty
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just posted another thread about the snapshot ebuilds. Continue the discussion there!
Joffer
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViRgiLiO wrote:
Ok. I've removed -fPIC from CFLAGS, and yes, I won't downgrade to 2.3.6 version. I heard above that 2.3.6-r3 is similar to 2.3.90 and the overlay package won't be mantained.

That is wrong I think:
nxsty wrote:
Yes the new 2.3.6-r3 ebuild has the patches. :) But the -Bdirect/-hashvals stuff is disabled by default. I'll probably drop the 2.3.6 ebuild from my overlay since there isn't much point maintaing it anymore.

His overlay on 2.3.6-r2 contained most patches included in the official 2.3.6-r3, so he will not update his 2.3.6-r2 overlay anymore since it's now supported officially with the amd64 performance patches he provided. He will continue with his glibc overlay, focusing on 2.3.90.*. If you want -Bdirect/-hashvals patches you need his overlay still, but the normal performance patches (which made memcp fly) is included in portage now. At least thats how I interpret it.

Edit: I think all this is explained already.. Guess I forgot to refresh the thread after I opened it yesterday, before I answered
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xbb wrote:
xbb wrote:
I can't start openoffice (compiled with the flags below), it crashes while it's loading, only when LD_BIND_DIRECT is set. Any suggestions?

Code:

CFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=prescott -march=prescott -msse3 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mtune=prescott -march=prescott -msse3 -pipe -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -fno-strict-aliasing"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -Wl,-Bdirect -Wl,-hashvals -Wl,-zdynsort"

I have tried also with openoffice-bin (while LD_BIND_DIRECT=1 is set). It starts ok but when I exit the program it crashes and says in console:
Code:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0xa34d3850 ***
KCrash: Application 'soffice.bin' crashing...

If I start it with --widgets-set gtk, starts and close ok without errors, while when I compiled it by myself it was crashing at start also with gtk widgets.

While LD_BIND_DIRECT is not set, no crashes, no errors with both kde and gtk widgets.

I have a similar problem.

I have OpenOffice 2.0.1 previous install before I upgraded to GCC 4.0.2. It won't load since I upgraded, but if I unset LD_BIND_DIRECT, it loads. However, I cannot recompile it under GCC 4.0.2...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23
Page 23 of 23

Jump to: