View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathfeel
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Extreme Slowness and RenderAccel Oddity Reply with quote

_pF_ wrote:
X currently uses AIGLX and EXA. XAA was just as bad.

I am curious that you can run AIGLX with EXA. If I enable EXA on my xorg.conf, X runs, but as soon as I start compiz or whatever, X freezes hard...
CornedBee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so my libpixman problem is fixed.

I still get link errors against dbus with the dbus and xprint use flags enabled: Xprt fails to link because dbus is not specified in the link command and libconfig.a depends on it.

Anyone else seen this problem? I've created a tentative patch, but I'll have to see if it fixes the problem.

Update: The patch fixes the dbus error, but there are two more missing functions that are not clearly from one library. Will take me a bit to hunt them down. In the meantime, here's my patch.

Code:
--- a/configure.ac      2007-05-30 12:18:41.000000000 +0200
+++ b/configure.ac      2007-05-30 12:20:34.000000000 +0200
@@ -1602,7 +1602,7 @@
 if test "x$XPRINT" = xyes; then
        PKG_CHECK_MODULES([XPRINT], [printproto x11 xfont $XDMCP_MODULES xau $PIXMAN])
        XPRINT_EXTENSIONS="$XEXT_LIB $DBE_LIB $XTRAP_LIB $RECORD_LIB $RENDER_LIB $COMPOSITE_LIB $RANDR_LIB $XI_LIB $FIXES_LIB $DAMAGE_LIB $XI_LIB $GLX_LIBS"
-       XPRINT_LIBS="$DIX_LIB $CONFIG_LIB $XKB_LIB $XKB_STUB_LIB $XPRINT_EXTENSIONS $MI_LIB $MIEXT_DAMAGE_LIB $CWRAP_LIB $OS_LIB $LIBS $XPRINT_LIBS"
+       XPRINT_LIBS="$DIX_LIB $CONFIG_LIB $XKB_LIB $XKB_STUB_LIB $DBUS_LIBS $XPRINT_EXTENSIONS $MI_LIB $MIEXT_DAMAGE_LIB $CWRAP_LIB $OS_LIB $LIBS $XPRINT_LIBS"
        AC_SUBST([XPRINT_CFLAGS])
        AC_SUBST([XPRINT_LIBS])

And here's an addition to pkg_setup of the ebuild that applies the patch:
Code:
        # Patch for compilation with xprint and dbus.
        if use xprint && use dbus; then
                PATCHES="${FILESDIR}/${P}-fix-xprint-dbus-dependency.patch
                        ${PATCHES}"
        fi

The missing symbols are NewInputDeviceRequest and DeleteInputDeviceRequest. They are from X itself, declared in include/input.h. They are implemented three times: in Xi/stubs.c (dummy implementation), in hw/kdrive/src/kinput.c and in hw/xfree86/common/xf86Xinput.c.
Since there are two implementations, I don't know which library to link against for this.

Edit again: Hmm, research shows that the kdrive variant is not what I want. I'll look into the other one.
Edit: More research. I don't want the xfree86 either. The stubs should do it. xprint probably won't take device input.
Edit: xprint actually has its own stubs, and they conflict. It's just that the two functions are missing from these stubs; perhaps they're new. I copied them over and removed stubs.o from linking again. We'll see how it goes.

Final Edit: It compiles! Yay!
Here's the final patch.
Code:
--- a/configure.ac      2007-05-30 12:18:41.000000000 +0200
+++ b/configure.ac      2007-05-30 12:20:34.000000000 +0200
@@ -1602,7 +1602,7 @@
 if test "x$XPRINT" = xyes; then
        PKG_CHECK_MODULES([XPRINT], [printproto x11 xfont $XDMCP_MODULES xau $PIXMAN])
        XPRINT_EXTENSIONS="$XEXT_LIB $DBE_LIB $XTRAP_LIB $RECORD_LIB $RENDER_LIB $COMPOSITE_LIB $RANDR_LIB $XI_LIB $FIXES_LIB $DAMAGE_LIB $XI_LIB $GLX_LIBS"
-       XPRINT_LIBS="$DIX_LIB $CONFIG_LIB $XKB_LIB $XKB_STUB_LIB $XPRINT_EXTENSIONS $MI_LIB $MIEXT_DAMAGE_LIB $CWRAP_LIB $OS_LIB $LIBS $XPRINT_LIBS"
+       XPRINT_LIBS="$DIX_LIB $CONFIG_LIB $XKB_LIB $XKB_STUB_LIB $DBUS_LIBS $XPRINT_EXTENSIONS $MI_LIB $MIEXT_DAMAGE_LIB $CWRAP_LIB $OS_LIB $LIBS $XPRINT_LIBS"
        AC_SUBST([XPRINT_CFLAGS])
        AC_SUBST([XPRINT_LIBS])

--- a/hw/xprint/ddxInit.c       2007-05-30 19:16:32.000000000 +0200
+++ b/hw/xprint/ddxInit.c       2007-05-30 19:18:37.000000000 +0200
@@ -361,6 +361,20 @@
     return BadMatch;
 }

+int
+NewInputDeviceRequest(
+    InputOption *options,
+    DeviceIntPtr *pdev)
+{
+    return BadValue;
+}
+
+void
+DeleteInputDeviceRequest(
+    DeviceIntPtr dev)
+{
+}
+

#endif /* XINPUT */

mathfeel
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't compile with xprint USE flag. dbus is fine though.
_pF_
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Suddenly Extreme Slowness and RenderAccel Oddity Reply with quote

mathfeel wrote:
_pF_ wrote:
X currently uses AIGLX and EXA. XAA was just as bad.

I am curious that you can run AIGLX with EXA. If I enable EXA on my xorg.conf, X runs, but as soon as I start compiz or whatever, X freezes hard...

We need to distiguish between AIGLX and both EXA and XAA. AIGLX indeed runs with both of them. But something does seem to have become b0rked.

In fact, I used to run XAA, but a post a few pages back recommended EXA, and I retried it with excellent performance.

Currently under an X console text is about twenty times slower than under the framebuffer. I know X is an overhead, but this seems to be too bad.

Like you I've almost never got beryl or compiz to do anything but crash my box, but I think that this is an issue with that code, not X.
piroko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ebuild of xorg-server has failed on every version I've tried with different errors for each. Trying to compile xorg-server-1.3.99.999 gives me the following compile error:

Code:
 powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../include -DHAVE_DIX_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Ws
trict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing -D_BSD_SOU
RCE -DHAS_FCHOWN -DHAS_STICKY_DIR_BIT -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I../include -I../i
nclude -I../Xext -I../composite -I../damageext -I../xfixes -I../Xi -I../mi -I../miext/shadow -I../miext/damag
e -I../render -I../randr -I../fb -O2 -mcpu=G4 -mtune=G4 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -M                                                                                                                                T miarc.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/miarc.Tpo -c miarc.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/miarc.o
In file included from miarc.c:62:
mifpoly.h:71: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'int'
miarc.c:106: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'static'
miarc.c:111: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or '__attribute__' before 'static'
miarc.c: In function 'miComputeEllipseSpans':
miarc.c:635: warning: implicit declaration of function 'ICEIL'
miarc.c:635: warning: nested extern declaration of 'ICEIL'
miarc.c: In function 'miPolyArc':
miarc.c:1109: warning: implicit declaration of function 'min'
miarc.c:1109: warning: nested extern declaration of 'min'
miarc.c:1111: warning: implicit declaration of function 'max'
miarc.c:1111: warning: nested extern declaration of 'max'
make[1]: *** [miarc.lo] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/mi'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1621:   Called dyn_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 973:   Called qa_call 'src_compile'
  ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_compile
  ebuild.sh, line 1311:   Called x-modular_src_compile
  x-modular.eclass, line 342:   Called x-modular_src_make
  x-modular.eclass, line 337:   Called die

!!! emake failed
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/temp/build.log'.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver'
.:[ jeremy@ambelina ~ ]:.

With my emerge --info:
Code:
Portage 2.1.2.9 (default-linux/ppc/ppc32/2007.0/desktop/G4, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.21.1 ppc)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.21.1 ppc 7447A, altivec supported
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 19:30:01 +0000
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.31-r5
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=G4 -mtune=G4 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe"
CHOST="powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/php/apache1-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -mcpu=G4 -mtune=G4 -maltivec -mabi=altivec -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LINGUAS="en_US en"
MAKEOPTS="-j1"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac aalib acl alsa altivec arts audiofile bash-completion berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cjk cli cracklib crypt cups dbus divx4linux dri dv dvd dvdr dvdread eds emboss encode esd evo fam fame ffmpeg firefox fortran gdbm gif gnome gphoto2 gpm gstreamer gtk hal iconv ieee1394 ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde kerberos ldap libg++ mad midi mikmod mp3 mpeg mudflap musepack musicbrainz ncurses nls nptl nptlonly offensive ogg opengl openmp oss pbbuttonsd pcre pdf perl png ppc ppds pppd python qt3 qt3support qt4 quicktime r300 radeon rdesktop readline reflection samba sdl session sndfile spell spl ssl subtitles svg tcpd theora tiff truetype truetype-fonts type1 type1-fonts unicode usb vorbis wifi xcomposite xine xinerama xml xorg xscreensaver xv xvid zeroconf zlib" ALSA_CARDS="aoa aoa-fabric-layout aoa-onyx aoa-soundbus aoa-soundbus-i2s aoa-tas aoa-toonie powermac usb-audio via82xx" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en_US en" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon r300"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

and no special xserver-specific USE flags enabled. Emerge line looks like this:
Code:
[ebuild     U ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999 [1.2.0-r3] USE="dbus%* dri ipv6 nptl sdl xorg (-3dfx) -aiglx% -beryl% -debug -dmx -exa% -kdrive -minimal -xprint" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse -acecad -aiptek -calcomp -citron -digitaledge -dmc -dynapro -elo2300 -elographics -fpit -hyperpen -jamstudio -joystick -magellan -microtouch -mutouch -palmax -penmount -spaceorb -summa -synaptics -tek4957 -ur98 (-vmmouse) -void -wacom" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon (-apm) (-ark) -chips -cirrus (-cyrix) -dummy -epson -fbdev -glint (-i128) (-i740) (-impact) -imstt -intel% -mach64 -mga (-neomagic) (-newport) -nouveau% (-nsc) -nv (-nvidia) -r128 (-rendition) -s3 -s3virge -savage (-siliconmotion) (-sis) -sisusb (-sunbw2) (-suncg14) (-suncg3) (-suncg6) (-sunffb) (-sunleo) (-suntcx) -tdfx (-tga) -trident (-tseng) -v4l (-vesa) (-vga) (-via) (-vmware) -voodoo -xgi% (-fglrx%) (-i810%)" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild     U ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-keyboard-9999 [1.1.1] USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild     U ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-mouse-1.2.1 [1.1.1] USE="-debug" 265 kB

Total: 3 packages (3 upgrades), Size of downloads: 265 kB
Portage overlays:
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver
 [2] /usr/local/portage

Any ideas?

Thank you!
Piroko
tekknokrat
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like the post before I can't emerge r300-drivers.

But for me the emerge of libdrm failed:

Code:
>>> Emerging (26 of 44) x11-libs/libdrm-9999 to /
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                      [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                     [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                    [ ok ]
>>> Unpacking source...
 * git update start -->
 *    update from: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/drm
M       linux-core/Kconfig
M       linux-core/Makefile
M       linux-core/Makefile.kernel
M       shared-core/drm_pciids.txt
 *     updated in: /usr/portage/distfiles/git-src/drm
 *      copied to: /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libdrm-9999/work/libdrm-9999

* Applying libdrm-9999-initial-xgi-support.patch ...

* Failed Patch: libdrm-9999-initial-xgi-support.patch !
 *  ( /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/x11-libs/libdrm/files/libdrm-9999-initial-xgi-support.patch )
 * Include in your bugreport the contents of:
 *   /var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/libdrm-9999/temp/libdrm-9999-initial-xgi-support.patch-22051.out

Seems like the patch doesn't fit the source, or did I missed something?

my emerge --info (im using unstable portage) :

-=>>emerge --info
Code:
Portage 2.1.2.9 (default-linux/x86/2006.1/desktop, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.5-r2, 2.6.20-suspend2-r5 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.20-suspend2-r5 i686 AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 146
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:00:01 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [disabled]
ccache version 2.4 [disabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.0.32
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.16.1-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/X11/xkb /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/gconf /etc/java-config/vms/ /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.tu-clausthal.de/pub/linux/gentoo/ ftp://mirrors.ludost.net/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/os/linux/gentoo"
LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL="de_DE.UTF-8"
LINGUAS="de"
MAKEOPTS="-j1"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS="--exclude='/overlay'"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/musicbrainz /usr/portage/local/layman/liquidx /usr/portage/local/layman/wrobel /usr/portage/local/layman/kolab2 /usr/portage/local/layman/sunrise /usr/portage/local/layman/zugaina /usr/portage/local/layman/catalystframework /usr/portage/local/layman/marineam-xen /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver /usr/portage/overlay /usr/portage/overlay/zugaina"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext 7zip X a52 aac acpi aiglx alsa ansi ao apache2 arts asm audacious audiofile beagle berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth branding bzip2 cairo cdr clamav cli cracklib crypt ctype cups curl curlwrappers daemon dbus de_tvtoday directfb dri dts dv dvd dvdnav dvdr dvdread dynamic enca encode examples expat fbcon fbsplash flac fontconfig fpx fuse gd gdbm ggi gif gimp gimpprint glitz gpgme gpm gs gtk gtk2 h323 hal hddtemp iconv imap imlib innodb ipv6 jabber java javascript jikes jpeg lcms ldap ldapsam libg++ lirc lm_sensors mad madwifi midi mikmod mjpeg mmx mmxext mng mono mouse mozcalendar mozilla moznocompose moznomail moznoroaming moznoxft mozsha1 mozsvg mozxmlterm mp2 mp3 mp4 mpd mpeg mpeg2 mplayer mudflap musepack mysql nautilus ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nsplugin obex ogg opengl openmp openssh openssl opensslcrypt oss pam pcre pda pdf perl php plotutils png ppds pppd preview-latex print profile psyco python qt3support qt4 quicktime readline real realmedia reflection rss sdl sensord session slang smp snmp spamassassin speex spell spl sqlite sqlite3 sse sse2 ssl svg svga svgz symlink tcltk tcpd tetex theora threads threadsonly tidy tiff tordns truetype truetype-fonts tweaks type1-fonts unicode usb userlocales vidcap vim vim-pager vim-syntax vim-with-x vinum visual vorbis win32codecs wmf wxwindows x264 x86 xine xinerama xml xorg xscreensaver xv xvid yp yv12 zlib" ALSA_CARDS="via82xx" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="de" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx radeon"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LDFLAGS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS

luigi.malago
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i'm very confused, hope you can help me.
I have an X600 ati card, and i decided to move from ati-drivers to open source drivers.
and right now i emerged the DRM modules separately.

Code:

< > Direct Rendering Manager (XFree86 4.1.0 and higher DRI support)

direct rendering seems ok

Code:

glxinfo  | grep dire
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
direct rendering: Yes

but bery got very slow and unstable (compared to when i used fglrx)

I'd like to understand whether the use of the "r300-driver" using the overlay could some help me.
is this an update version of the RV380 driver?

thanks a lot,

Luigi
lordcris
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
i can't emerge mesa

Code:
emerge mesa
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Verifying ebuild Manifests...

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-libs/mesa-9999 to /
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                            [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                           [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                          [ ok ]
 * QA Notice: USE Flag 'amd64-fbsd' not in IUSE for media-libs/mesa-9999
 * QA Notice: USE Flag 'kernel_FreeBSD' not in IUSE for media-libs/mesa-9999
>>> Unpacking source...
 * git update start -->
 *    repository: git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa
 *    local clone: /usr/portage/distfiles/git-src/mesa
 *    committish: master
>>> Unpacked to /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/work/mesa-9999
 * Applying mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch ...

* Failed Patch: mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch !
 *  ( /usr/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch )
 *   /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch-13265.out

!!! ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1629:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 755:   Called qa_call 'src_unpack'
  ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_unpack
  mesa-9999.ebuild, line 111:   Called epatch '/usr/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch'
  eutils.eclass, line 304:   Called die

!!! Failed Patch: mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch!
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/build.log'.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/layman/r300-driver'
h017ah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got exactly the same problem as lordcris. Running Gentoo 2007.0 with AMD64.

Code:
 * Failed Patch: mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch !
 *  ( /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-t
extrel-tls.patch )
 *   /var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch-2
1366.out

!!! ERROR: media-libs/mesa-9999 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1615:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 752:   Called qa_call 'src_unpack'
  ebuild.sh, line 44:   Called src_unpack
  mesa-9999.ebuild, line 111:   Called epatch '/usr/portage/local/layman/r300-dr
iver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch'
  eutils.eclass, line 304:   Called die

!!! Failed Patch: mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch!
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if rel
evant.
!!! A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/te
mp/build.log'.

!!! This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver'

/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/mesa-9999/temp/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch-21366.out:

Code:
***** mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch *****

==========================================

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p0 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch

can't find file to patch at input line 3
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
--------------------------
|--- a/src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c
|+++ b/src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c
No file to patch.  Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored
can't find file to patch at input line 28
|--- a/src/mesa/x86/glapi_x86.S
|+++ b/src/mesa/x86/glapi_x86.S
3 out of 3 hunks ignored

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p1 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch

patching file src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1034.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/mesa/glapi/glapi.c.rej
patching file src/mesa/x86/glapi_x86.S
Hunk #1 FAILED at 58.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 119.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 141.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/mesa/x86/glapi_x86.S.rej

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p2 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch

1 out of 1 hunk ignored
3 out of 3 hunks ignored

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p3 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch

1 out of 1 hunk ignored
3 out of 3 hunks ignored

PATCH COMMAND:   patch -p4 -g0 -E --no-backup-if-mismatch < /usr/portage/local/layman/r300-driver/media-libs/mesa/files/mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch

1 out of 1 hunk ignored
3 out of 3 hunks ignored
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please update the mesa ebuild to not include the mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch as it was committed upstream, which makes the patch redundant.

I've tested in a local overlay, and removed the epatch line successfully. It just needs to be updated by the overlay maintainer.

Cheers.
h017ah
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roderick wrote:
Please update the mesa ebuild to not include the mesa-9999-no-textrel-tls.patch as it was committed upstream, which makes the patch redundant.

I've tested in a local overlay, and removed the epatch line successfully. It just needs to be updated by the overlay maintainer.

Cheers.

Thanks! It worked. Commented out the 'no-textrel' line in mesa-9999.ebuild, and then ran 'ebuild mesa-9999.ebuild manifest', and now it works like a charm again :)

Can someone give a call here when the overlay has been updated? Would be nice to have this working so I can sync my overlay again...
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I PM'd maintainer... hopefully he will get some time to update.

I also indicated inputproto as not required (same version is in portage now).

As well, there is a newer libtxcdxtn (libtxc_dxtn070518.tar.gz) available upstream. asked for iut to be added as well.
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the changes have been made. So, update your overlay now :)
sefi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the overlay with my RV410 (PCIE) but as soon as I start X the screen stops receiving any signal (thus going in standby). Furthermore I can't shutdown X in any way but ctrl+alt+rem from init still works to shut down the computer.
I checked the logfile afterwards but there isn't any suspicious line in it that would lead me to the source of the error.
Can anyone tell me what might be the cause? If you need any config files or logs please tell me.
BlackiWid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: no Makefile (libdrm) Reply with quote

Hi i just added your overlay, and now i get from each package some error that there is no Makefile, i went manualy in the tmp dir and startet autogen, after that emerge for this file (at the moment i tryed only libdrm) fine.

What do i make wrong? wrong version of some system tools? am i the first guy with this problem?

So k if you need some more information say me what you want.
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sefi wrote:
Can anyone tell me what might be the cause? If you need any config files or logs please tell me.
i saw the same when forgot emerge x11-drm, so X hangs without direct rendering or something like this.
BlackiWid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: got it installed and running Reply with quote

K now with some fixes from me it did install,
1. i had to go to nearly each of this dirs and make ./autogen.sh and then emerge it again.
1. package i have to add this autogen.sh in the ebuild (...video-ati)
1. package i have to fix the dir, it installed one git in mesa/mesa instead of mesa:

mesa_src_unpack() {
mkdir ${WORKDIR}/${MESA_P}
local S=${WORKDIR}/${MESA_P}
local EGIT_REPO_URI="git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/mesa/mesa/mesa"
local EGIT_PROJECT="mesa"
local EGIT_BRANCH="master"
local EGIT_TREE="master"
git_src_unpack
mv /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/mesa /var/tmp/p
ortage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/mesa-old
mv /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/mesa-old/mesa /
var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/mesa
rm /var/tmp/portage/x11-base/xorg-server-1.3.99.999/work/mesa-old -rf

is that all normal? or do i have a problem with my mostly stable gentoo installiation, or do you all use only unstable stuff and thats my problem??
sefi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rion wrote:
sefi wrote:
i saw the same when forgot emerge x11-drm, so X hangs without direct rendering or something like this.

Thank you. I forgot to mask >x11-drm-9999 so the snapshot from march 2007 didn't get updated.

It now works pretty well. The graphic bugs from Warcraft III finally disappeared (curse ati-drivers).

One additional note: The current xorg-server refuses to load xf86-input-mouse-1.2.1 due to a missing symbol. I took a look at how the git ebuilds are built and made my own one for xf86-input-mouse and now the mouse works again.
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problems with latest xorg-server and mouse 1.2.1...

Also, for the user with the autogen problem (BlackiWid), I don't need to do that. Could be the tools you have installed aren't up to speed for properly allow it to work. If you are using an overlay like this one, you probably need to unmask some tools to make this work correctly. It's probably not strictly your fault (you may have uncovered a bug or the ebuild in question has not specified the correct minimum tool required to build with).
sefi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roderick wrote:
If you are using an overlay like this one, you probably need to unmask some tools to make this work correctly.

I did "find /myoverlay | grep ebuild" and made sure I install the latest version of each package. This may be a new issue with the mouse driver.
sian
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa 7.0 came out !
Rion
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant compile xorg-server 1.3.99.999. it requires compositeproto-0.4
so its necessary to add it to overlay
Slippery Jim
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: compositeproto Reply with quote

getting the following when emerging xorg-server:

Code:
checking for XSERVERCFLAGS... configure: error: Package requirements (randrproto >= 1.2 renderproto fixesproto >= 4.0 damageproto >= 1.1 xcmiscproto xextproto xproto >= 7.0.9 xtrans scrnsaverproto >= 1.1 bigreqsproto resourceproto fontsproto inputproto >= 1.4.2 kbproto >= 1.0.3 dbus-1 videoproto compositeproto >= 0.4 trapproto recordproto resourceproto xineramaproto evieproto xkbfile xfont xau fontenc pixman >= 0.9.2 dbus-1 xdmcp) were not met:

Requested 'compositeproto >= 0.4' but version of CompositeProto is 0.3.1

I don't think the requested version exists yet.
sefi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: compositeproto Reply with quote

Slippery Jim wrote:

I don't think the requested version exists yet.

It does but there is no ebuild yet. To work around this yourself just do "cp /usr/portage/x11-proto/compositeproto/compositeproto-0.3.1.ebuild /myoverlay/x11-proto/compositeproto/compositeproto-0.4.ebuild".
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I recently gave an old PC I had to a friend and he installed Kununtu (he's really new to the whole linux thing).

Anyway, the OS doesn't matter in this case, and the question is sort of a general one regarding thew radeon driver. The PC had a ATI Radeon 7200, 64 MB RAM, and is AGP.

What I am trying to discern is the correct Xorg settings to enable/disable to get the best performance for 3D. I have managed to get 3D working, but the only problem is stability. There are two cases which I can repeatedly make the system lock up and require a reboot.

1) Neverwinter Nights - play oringinal campaign in main courtyard for 15 to 20 minutes - freeze and display locks. Cannot change console or kill X. Reboot required.

2) Using Amarok - go through each visualization in the equalizer - can't remember which one, but it appears to be GL rendered - instant lock.

I have tried many incarnations of enabling and disabling AGP fast writes, setting the AGP mode from 1, 2 and 4, etc. Anyone out there have a similar card and can test if Amarok crashes similarly? I am trying to figure out if it's simply setting related or an actual bug in the driver. If someone can duplicate it here, we can probably fix it quicker :)

Anyway, anything you can suggest would be wonderful (PS: the Kubuntu is Gutsy Gibbon Tribe 2 with latest updates - i.e. running X 7.3, but apparantly the ATI radeon driver is from 7.2 - tried a snapshot from June 25th - screen flickered too bad to use).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: