how to setup m network?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nocturna_gr
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:54 am    Post subject: how to setup m network? Reply with quote

I have my amd64 workstation, a wireless router PC and 2 other PCs (the one will be used as a server and the other as a "main" router). I have also an ADSL router. What i intend to do is connect everything (my workstation, the ADSL router, the wireless router and the server) on the "main" router.
I want everything to be able to "see" everything; the workstation and the server should be able to enter the Internet and the wireless network and also an incoming connection from the wireless network should be able to enter the Internet- that's optional.
Will this network topology work (in reality, because in my imagination does :) )
If you have any suggestions/objections feel free to express them.
d4rkwingduck
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds close to my setup except for the wireless which i plan to implement later, aneways mine is like this

Code:

WAN -> ADSL ROUTER -> MONOWALL ROUTER -----> (SECURE LAN NETWORK) GIGABIT SWITCH |-------> PC1
                          |                                                      |-------> PC2
                          |(DMZ NETWORK)                                         |-------> PC3                         
                         SERVERS                                   

so the adsl router just forwards everything from WAN to the monowall router/firewall, monowall runs NAT services to the servers in the DMZ zone, all incoming traffic to the gigabit switched is dropped if the connection did not initial from PC1/PC2/PC3. Monowall also runs dhcp for the DMZ and secure LAN networks.

Everything works like a charm :wink:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: