/etc/ld.so.preload
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
optilude
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:59 pm    Post subject: /etc/ld.so.preload Reply with quote

This is starting to get on my nerves!

Some times when I emerge things, the build fails with
Code:

>>> /etc/ld.so.preload file fopen: No such file or directory

If I do
Code:

# touch /etc/ld.so.preload

it builds OK, but for some reason, the file disappears and I'll get the same error again on a later build. How do I solve this problem?[/code]
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the same thing a few times, it uses the file to preload the library libsandbox.so, I think in my case I was building a few packages simultaneously, well anyway It ain't a bad error, and doesn't influence the build process, mainly intended for developers when make install writes outside the workdirectory. So not having this you ain't protected, but well most packages are already installed by many other users, and it only states the error at the end of the emerge (when he wants to remove the file, so maybe it was there when it was needed.)

Quote:
Whenever such an unauthorized filesystem access occurs, we speak of a sandbox violation. During these occasions, the sandbox prints out a red error message and reports a permission denied error to whatever command executed the action. The ebuild is interrupted and a summary is shown of all detected violations. This is also saved into a unique logfile whose name it given in the header of the summary. During the interruption of the ebuild, several speaker beeps are emitted. This can be configured by setting the SANDBOX_BEEP variable in /etc/make.conf. It defaults to 3, but can be set to any value and zero disables the beeps.

Cya lX
optilude
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 1:30 am    Post subject: Still confused Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining the meaning of the file. However, the problem persists. /etc/ld.so.preload sometimes disappears (I don't know why or exactly when) and I get packages that fail to emerge because fopen can't find it. I don't have sandbox in the FEATURES variable in /etc/make.conf. Is there anything I can do to avoid this file altogether?

Martin
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the global file (the one you shouldn't change) /etc/make.globals. FEATURES="sandbox". Well you could delete it from there or maybe FEATURES=-sandbox works in /etc/make.conf, I dunnot know. Good luck,

Alex.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: