View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbjoret
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Firefox 1.0.6 no more plugins ???? [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi,

I just realized that none of my installed plugins work under Firefox 1.0.6, all the files are still under /opt/netscape/plugins and the access rights seem to be ok. Mozilla has no problems with it, so I supposed that they are correctly installed. It used to work and I suspect that installing from 1.0.x to 1.0.6 did break everything. Anybody having the same problems ? Any solution to this ?

Thx

Last edited by jbjoret on Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
_loki_
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I had this problem with the -r1 and or -r2 release.. Now I'm runnig mozilla-firefox-1.0.6-r3 and plugins are working again..
jbjoret
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

I just solved this one, and I must say that I am quite unhappy about Firefox 1.0.6. The reason of my problems was that somehow beetween Firefox 1.0.4 and 1.0.6 the /usr/lib/MozillaFirefox directory has been moved to /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox without migration of my other directory and without linking the /opt/netscape/plugin directory.
Vann
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, whoever maintains this ebuild is an idiot. I've had to update Firefox three times in a week!

Ugh.
lnxz
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the guys at mozilla are the ones who makes the updates, the person who makes the ebuild doesn't. If you don't want to update, that's what /etc/portage/package.mask is for.
Vann
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except it's the job of the ebuild to figure out if various (important) directories have been changed and to do whatever needs to be done, accordingly.

Once I updated to 1.0.6, which was a security fix, I had to update again because the plugin directory was moved and the ebuild didn't link things appropriately. It's the maintainer's job to look out for these things.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: