hanging during install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slein
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: hanging during install Reply with quote

Ok guys here's my problem, hopefully you guys can offer me some advice. I downloaded and burned this image with Nero at 4x in xp pro: http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/gentoo/releases/1.4_rc2/x86/x86/livecd/gentoo-basic-x86-1.4_rc2.iso
After finishing burning it, I restart my computer and boot up the LiveCD. I then hit enter at the boot prompt. It loads some things, then scrolls a lot of text on the screen. Then it shows four lines showing my 4 IDE devices. Finally, the _ goes to a new line and continues to blink. FOREVER. It won't go any further than that.

I've tried all the different boot options (the four that're shown when you hit F2 at the boot prompt anyways), and they've done nothing. I've also tried disabling DMA on my IDE devices (someone in #gentoo suggested that), and again it didn't change anything. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be? Here's my system's specs in case it'll help:

Pentium 3 933mhz
VIA Apollo 133A chipset
384MB PC100 RAM
120G 7200rpm Maxtor HD (this is the master with xp pro on it)
40G 5400rpm WD HD (this is the slave, all unallocated, I'm planning on putting Gentoo on this one)
Lite-On LTR-40125S burner
Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-115 DVD drive
Radeon 8500 64MB vid card
Audidgy Platinum sound card
Promise FastTrak66 IDE card with a 40G WD HD hooked up to it
Netgear FA310TX Fast Ethernet Adaptor (my dsl modem is hooked up to my router, and my network card plugs into that router to get internet access)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: