Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Old posts from the morph-sources thread
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mac Cloud
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yardbird wrote:

Mac Cloud wrote:
The "problem" with fb-splash is that the "silent" screen apears "late" in the boot sequence : after kernel hardware detection messages, after partitions check, in fact I can see 2 or 3 "sevices" starting before it apears

This would rather seem a problem of misconfiguration. This usually happens if the boot image has not been integrated into the kernel image/intird. I'm integrating splash screen directly into kernel, are you using an initrd?

No I am not using an initrd I am putting the image directly in the kernel with gensplash_iniramfs after a "make prepare" and before a "make" (yes for sure ....)
bollucks
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yardbird wrote:
rommel wrote:
well i am getting really bad cpu usage running basically nothing... i can boot either morph11 or nitro4 and the system is at 50%... if i switch to gentoo-r4, ikke4, or cko3 the system appears to run normally..ie 98% idle. anyone else seeing this?

No I'm not seeing this and it is pretty weird. Since the problem appears both in nitro and morph I'd say there is something going on in the -ck patches.

Huh? cko is also -ck based so it's not the -ck base.
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bollucks wrote:
yardbird wrote:
No I'm not seeing this and it is pretty weird. Since the problem appears both in nitro and morph I'd say there is something going on in the -ck patches.

Huh? cko is also -ck based so it's not the -ck base.

Sorry I stopped reading at "-ikke4". I needed sleep when I responded... :oops:

http://www.bluescarni.info
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac Cloud wrote:
No I am not using an initrd I am putting the image directly in the kernel with gensplash_iniramfs after a "make prepare" and before a "make" (yes for sure ....)

Have you changed recently your fbsplash theme? Maybe you forgot to update the lines in grub/lilo config files?

mirko_3
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent 40mins trying to reverse the swsusp2 patch (I need to remove it to use ndisdriver), only to have the kernel miserably fail during compile... I guess it would be too much to ask for a patch to reverse it? :roll:
Qool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent selection of patches. Here I'd been thinking after using nitro-sources for a while that my Gentoo/AthlonXP system couldn't go any faster. But your patchset just blows (or at least seems to) everything else away! Not to mention that it has been remarkably stable too.

Thanks, and keep up the great work.
xeno666
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no need to reverse the patch to use ndiswrapper. Simply enable swsusp2 in the kernel (no need to actually use/configure it properly later ;) ) and ndiswrapper stops complaining. I don't know whether it works later on but there's no info that it's not ;). If you decide to test it I'd be gratefull for a success/failure info :)
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mirko_3 wrote:
I spent 40mins trying to reverse the swsusp2 patch (I need to remove it to use ndisdriver), only to have the kernel miserably fail during compile... I guess it would be too much to ask for a patch to reverse it? :roll:

I can try to integrate ndis-wrapper into morph. What is the exact error you get? At compile time or at runtime?

Ciao ciao :wink:

xeno666
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I want to discourage you (or doubt you can do the integration) but ndiswrapper is not provided as a kernel patch but as a separate module and in addition it has 3 executables associated with it. Moreover it's already included in the portage tree and the issue is fixable only via kernel config (swsusp2 cannot be patched in but not enabled - it changes some macros and ndiswrapper can only cope with that when swsusp2 is enabled - the explanation is in the ebuild and there has been a bug filled and resolved) so including it in the patchset won't fix anything. You can force the swsusp2 to be always enabled thus fixing the issue with morph-sources and ndiswrapper but I'm not certain it's the best solution ;).

And btw: great patchset - not a single problem so far :)
mirko_3
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeno666 wrote:
There's no need to reverse the patch to use ndiswrapper. Simply enable swsusp2 in the kernel (no need to actually use/configure it properly later ;) ) and ndiswrapper stops complaining. I don't know whether it works later on but there's no info that it's not ;). If you decide to test it I'd be gratefull for a success/failure info :)

I read in bugs.gentoo.org and on these forums that enabling swsusp in kernel config lets ndiswrapper compile fine, but it doesn't work afterwards. Can't confirm this, as I haven't had time to try it, and I will test it as soon as possible, yet the posts were pretty clear...

EDIT:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=74864 the end of the first comment...

EDITED to fix the link

Last edited by mirko_3 on Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

sorry for not responding earlier. I've been testing around with 2.6.11-rc1 because latest softwaresuspend is based on it, but I had some problems and kernel bugs. So right now I'm trying to backport softwaresuspend to 2.6.10. It should not be so difficult, I'll report later.

Regarding ndis-wrapper, I could try to integrate the kernel part with the modifications necessary to make it run in morph. But I've not looked into it too much yet. That would probably break the ebuild if it tries to compile some kernel module which is instead already present. I'll see what I can do after I resolve the softwaresuspend issue.

Cheers!

mirko_3
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright, and thank you for your time!
xeno666
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've gotten hold of a ndiswrapper using card (Linksys WPC54G - Broadcom based) and checked it with morph10. It bound with an accespoint (prism54 working as master but it shouldn't matter) and I transfered an iso image (Gentoo live ;) ) via an ad-hoc network (with another laptop with Intel wifi). It's not much of a test I admit but in general it works for me...
btw - the link you added is broken - says invalid bug number - so I didn't see the message you mentioned. Maybe there's a problem with a different card? I hadn't had time to look for it - sorry
kontol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Installation went success..but I think I've forgot something...here..anyone please show me..what I missed.

When I boot up..I've got this error:

Code:

*modprobe `yenta_socket" failed
* starting pcmcia
cardmgr[13573]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices
* Cardmgr failed to start. Make sure that you have pcmcia
*modules built or support compiled in the kernel.

I am very sure I've compiled pcmcia modules on this kernel ( I used to have nitro3 and morph 2.6.9-morph11 and I don't have prob with pcmcia modules).

I posted my kernel conf http://www.geocities.com/rizaa12/test4.txt

Need help please Yardbird..or anyone...

Cheers
xeno666
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try 'modprobe pcmcia'. yenta_socket is cardbus only - I stumbled on this one a moment ago. In the 2.6.10 these modules have been re-arranged a bit and that's the reason for this problem.
xeno666
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - my bad... You have pcmcia compiled-in so that solution is certainly not gonna work for you. Try recompiling your kernel with both yenta and pcmcia as modules and try whether they work after modprobe - some drivers work better this way - don't ask why ;)
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, sorry for the lack of updates, I'm blocked in the bed with a flu :(

2.6.10-morph12 is almost ready though.

kontol wrote:
When I boot up..I've got this error:

Code:

*modprobe `yenta_socket" failed
* starting pcmcia
cardmgr[13573]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices
* Cardmgr failed to start. Make sure that you have pcmcia
*modules built or support compiled in the kernel.

What happens if you "modprobe yenta_socket" manually from a console? Any messages on screen or in the logs? Have you tried with the i82365 driver?

Flu is teh suxx0rz.

kontol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeno666 wrote:
Sorry - my bad... You have pcmcia compiled-in so that solution is certainly not gonna work for you. Try recompiling your kernel with both yenta and pcmcia as modules and try whether they work after modprobe - some drivers work better this way - don't ask why ;)

Thanks alot....it worked perfectly.

Yardbird....thanks alot for what you've done, kernel running very fast, and clean....hostap working perfectly and orinoco as well.

Well done..cheerss
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!

2.6.10-morph12 is out. It is based on 2.6.11-rc1, since backporting softwaresuspend to 2.6.10 turned out non-trivial. On the other side you can enjoy some cool updates, like the new reiser4 and inotify pathces from 2.6.10-mm3. What else... Some stuff was dropped since it is already included into 2.6.11-rc1, and there are some minor fixes from lkml. Also there are very cool addons from ck, like the latest version of the cfq scheduler with io-priority support. Check it out!

Oh, yes, from now on the patches will be hosted on sourceforge:

http://morph-sources.sourceforge.net

The site is still under heavy construction.

Cheers!

Macumba
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...
Code:
NVIDIA: calling KBUILD...
make CC=cc  KBUILD_VERBOSE=1 -C /usr/src/linux M=/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv modules
make[2]: warning: jobserver unavailable: using -j1.  Add `+' to parent make rule.
mkdir -p /var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/.tmp_versions
make -f scripts/Makefile.build obj=/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv
echo \#define NV_COMPILER \"`cc -v 2>&1 | tail -n 1`\" > /var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv_compiler.h
  cc -Wp,-MD,/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/.nv.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.3/include -D__KERNEL__ -Iinclude  -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wno-trigraphs -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -ffreestanding -O2     -fomit-frame-pointer -g -march=k8 -mno-red-zone -mcmodel=kernel -pipe -fno-reorder-blocks   -Wno-sign-compare -funit-at-a-time -mno-sse -mno-mmx -mno-sse2 -mno-3dnow -Wdeclaration-after-statement -I/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv -Wall -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wparentheses -Wno-multichar  -Werror -O -fno-common -mno-red-zone -MD   -Wno-cast-qual -Wno-error -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES-D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE  -mcmodel=kernel -DNTRM -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LOOSE_KERNEL_NAMES -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE  -DNV_MAJOR_VERSION=1 -DNV_MINOR_VERSION=0 -DNV_PATCHLEVEL=6629  -DNV_UNIX  -DNV_LINUX  -DNV_INT64_OK  -DNVCPU_X86_64  -DNV_64_BITS    -UDEBUG -U_DEBUG -DNDEBUG -DNV_REMAP_PFN_RANGE_PRESENT -DNV_CHANGE_PAGE_ATTR_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_DISABLE_DEVICE_PRESENT -DNV_CLASS_SIMPLE_CREATE_PRESENT -DNV_PCI_GET_CLASS_PRESENT  -DMODULE -DKBUILD_BASENAME=nv -DKBUILD_MODNAME=nvidia -c -o /var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.o /var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.c
/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.c: In function `_get_phys_address':
/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.c:2529: error: structure has no member named `pud'
/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.c: In function `nv_agp_init':
/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.c:3010: warning: `inter_module_put' is deprecated (declaredat include/linux/module.h:578)
make[3]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv/nv.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [_module_/var/tmp/portage/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1/work/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-1.0-6629-pkg2/usr/src/nv] Error 2
NVIDIA: left KBUILD.
nvidia.ko failed to build!
make[1]: *** [module] Error 1
make: *** [module] Error 2

!!! ERROR: media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1 failed.
!!! Function linux-mod_src_compile, Line 284, Exitcode 2
!!! Unable to make IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=yes V=1 SYSSRC=/usr/src/linux SYSOUT=/usr/src/linux clean module.
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

edit:

hmm i found a fix!
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11-rc1/patches/nvidia-pudpatch.diff

but it doesn't work with every patch in the ebuild of nvidia-kernel-6629-r1
the NVIDIA-XXX and the smp-patches doesn't work.

But you can
use this ebuild:

Code:

# Copyright 1999-2004 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/media-video/nvidia-kernel/nvidia-kernel-1.0.6629-r1.ebuild,v 1.5 2005/01/10 21:49:39 jhuebel Exp $

inherit eutils linux-mod

X86_PKG_V="pkg1"
AMD64_PKG_V="pkg2"
NV_V="${PV/1.0./1.0-}"
X86_NV_PACKAGE="NVIDIA-Linux-x86-${NV_V}"
AMD64_NV_PACKAGE="NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-${NV_V}"

DESCRIPTION="Linux kernel module for the NVIDIA X11 driver"
HOMEPAGE="http://www.nvidia.com/"
SRC_URI="x86? (ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/${NV_V}/${X86_NV_PACKAGE}-${X86_PKG_V}.run)
        amd64? (http://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/${NV_V}/${AMD64_NV_PACKAGE}-${AMD64_PKG_V}.run)"

if use x86; then
        PKG_V="${X86_PKG_V}"
        NV_PACKAGE="${X86_NV_PACKAGE}"
elif use amd64; then
        PKG_V="${AMD64_PKG_V}"
        NV_PACKAGE="${AMD64_NV_PACKAGE}"
fi

S="${WORKDIR}/${NV_PACKAGE}-${PKG_V}/usr/src/nv"

LICENSE="NVIDIA"
SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="-* ~x86 amd64"
RESTRICT="nostrip"
IUSE=""

DEPEND="virtual/linux-sources"
export _POSIX2_VERSION="199209"

MODULE_NAMES="nvidia(video:${S})"
BUILD_PARAMS="IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=yes V=1 SYSSRC=${KV_DIR} SYSOUT=${KV_OUT_DIR}"

mtrr_check() {
        ebegin "Checking for MTRR support"
        linux_chkconfig_present MTRR
        eend $?

if [ "$?" != 0 ]
        then
                eerror "This version needs MTRR support for most chipsets!"
                eerror "Please enable MTRR support in your kernel config, found at:"
                eerror
                eerror "  Processor type and features"
                eerror "    [*] MTRR (Memory Type Range Register) support"
                eerror
                eerror "and recompile your kernel ..."
                die "MTRR support not detected!"
        fi
}

pkg_setup() {
        linux-mod_pkg_setup
        mtrr_check;
}

src_unpack() {
        # 2.6.10_rc1-mm{1,2,3} all EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL the udev functions, this breaks loading
        CS="$(grep -c EXPORT_SYMBOL\(class_simple_create\)\; ${KV_DIR}/drivers/base/class_simple.c)"
        if [ "${CS}" == "0" ]
        then
                ewarn "Your current kernel uses EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL() on some methods required by nvidia-kernel."
                ewarn "This probably means you are using 2.6.10_rc1-mm*. Please change away from mm-sources until this is"
                ewarn "revised and a solution released into the mm branch, development-sources will work."
                die "Incompatible kernel export."
        fi

if [ ${KV_MINOR} -ge 6 -a ${KV_PATCH} -lt 7 ]
        then
                echo
                ewarn "Your kernel version is ${KV_MAJOR}.${KV_MINOR}.${KV_PATCH}"
                ewarn "This is not officially supported for ${P}. It is likely you"
                ewarn "will not be able to compile or use the kernel module."
                ewarn "It is recommended that you upgrade your kernel to a version >= 2.6.7"
                echo
                ewarn "DO NOT file bug reports for kernel versions less than 2.6.7 as they will be ignored."
        fi

cd ${WORKDIR}
        bash ${DISTDIR}/${NV_PACKAGE}-${PKG_V}.run --extract-only

# Add patches below, with a breif description.
        cd ${S}
        # Any general patches should go here
        # Shutup pointer arith warnings
       use x86 && epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/nv-shutup-warnings.patch
        use amd64 && epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/nv-amd64-shutup-warnings.patch

# Patches from Zander (http://www.minion.de/files/1.0-6629/)
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1155389.patch
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1162524.patch
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1165235.patch
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1171869.patch
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1175225.patch
#       epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1182399.patch
        epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/nvidia-pudpatch.diff
        # Now any patches specific to the 2.6 kernel should go here
        if kernel_is 2 6
        then
                einfo "Applying 2.6 kernel patches"
                # Fix the /usr/src/linux/include/asm not existing on koutput issue #58294
                epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/conftest_koutput_includes.patch
                # Fix calling of smp_processor_id() when preempt is enabled
#               epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/nv-disable-preempt-on-smp_processor_id.patch
                # Fix a limitation on available video memory bug #71684
                epatch ${FILESDIR}/${PV}/NVIDIA_kernel-1.0-6629-1161283.patch
        fi

# if you set this then it's your own fault when stuff breaks :)
        [ -n "${USE_CRAZY_OPTS}" ] && sed -i "s:-O:${CFLAGS}:" Makefile.*

# if greater than 2.6.5 use M= instead of SUBDIR=
        convert_to_m ${S}/Makefile.kbuild
}

src_install() {
        linux-mod_src_install
       # Add the aliases
        sed -e 's:\${PACKAGE}:'${PF}':g' ${FILESDIR}/nvidia > ${WORKDIR}/nvidia
        insinto /etc/modules.d
        newins ${WORKDIR}/nvidia nvidia

# Docs
        dodoc ${S}/../../share/doc/README

# The device creation script
        into /
        newsbin ${S}/makedevices.sh NVmakedevices.sh
}

pkg_postinst() {
        if [ "${ROOT}" = "/" ] && \
                [ ! -e /dev/.devfsd ] && \
                [ ! -e /dev/.udev ] && \
                [ -x /sbin/NVmakedevices.sh ]
        then
                /sbin/NVmakedevices.sh >/dev/null 2>&1
        fi

linux-mod_pkg_postinst
}

ogg - mp3

Last edited by Macumba on Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macumba wrote:
edit:

hmm i found a fix!
http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.11-rc1/patches/nvidia-pudpatch.diff

Yeah, the problem appears on all 2.6.11-rc1-based kernels and is related to the 4-Level Page Tables patch recently introduced in the mainline kernel. This patch apparently made nvidia drivers quite unhappy.

BTW, thanks for the ebuild :D

m0sia
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0sia wrote:

it simply freezes and i use "Full write io fairness" option for the CFQ scheduler.

i disabled "Full write io fairness" and sometimes swsusp freezes on loading new kernel, after reboot,pressing "C", image from swap boots perfectly.

ps now it is 4 day uptime
yardbird
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

2.6.10-morph13 is out. Softwaresuspend2 updated (win4lin patch is back), reiser4 update, misc cfq fixes (some of them are pretty important). I'm experimenting with the latest versions of the staircase scheduler, I will report how it goes.

For the ndiswrapper issue, I would like to hear from mirko3 if he succeded the way xeno666 suggested. If he did, there's no point in adding ndiswrapper to morph.

m0sia: I recommend you to try out this release, it solved many software suspend issues for me.

Thanks for your comments :D

Tanisete
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all!!

I have been using an older morph release without problems, but after migrating to morph11 (tha last one based on 2.6.10), I'm having problems with empty media. Now i can't introduce empty cd's o dvd's, because then i can't use the reader!! It gets blocked...
This is the output from dmesg:

Code:
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn cdrom: This disc doesn't have any tracks I recognize!
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn hdc: command error: error=0x54
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn ide: failed opcode was 100
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn ATAPI device hdc:
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Logical block address out of range -- (asc=0x21, ascq=0x00
)
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn The failed "Read 10" packet command was:
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn "28 00 00 00 00 10 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 "
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 64
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 16
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn hdc: command error: error=0x54
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn ide: failed opcode was 100
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn ATAPI device hdc:
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Error: Illegal request -- (Sense key=0x05)
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Logical block address out of range -- (asc=0x21, ascq=0x00
)
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn The failed "Read 10" packet command was:
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn "28 00 00 00 00 11 00 00 1f 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 "
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 68
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 17
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 18
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 19
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 20
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 21
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 22
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 23
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 24
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 25
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 26
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 27
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 28
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 29
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 30
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 31
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 32
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 33
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 34
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 35
Jan  5 21:09:46 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 36
[...]
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn The failed "Read 10" packet command was:
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn "28 00 00 00 00 06 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 "
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn end_request: I/O error, dev hdc, sector 24
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 6
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn Buffer I/O error on device hdc, logical block 7
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn reiser4[mount(16098)]: parse_options (fs/reiser4/vfs_ops.c
:852)[nikita-2307]:
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn WARNING: Unrecognized option: "unhide"
Jan  5 21:09:47 krynn hdc: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }

I'm using hal+dbus+ivman to automount media... what can be happening here?

Thanks a lot for all the help!! And of course... for the patchset!! it worked great for me till now.
LittleGreenMan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm I try
Code:
patch -p1 <./2.6.10-morph13_to_staircase10.4.diff --dry-run

and see:

Code:
patching file fs/proc/array.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 162.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 170.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file fs/proc/array.c.rej
patching file include/linux/sched.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 168.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 388.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 536.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 735.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 829.
5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/sched.h.rej
patching file include/linux/sysctl.h
Hunk #1 FAILED at 135.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/sysctl.h.rej
patching file kernel/exit.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 91.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file kernel/exit.c.rej
patching file kernel/sched.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 16.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 73.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 122.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 467.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 536.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 698.
Hunk #7 FAILED at 707.
Hunk #8 FAILED at 722.
Hunk #9 FAILED at 795.
Hunk #10 FAILED at 826.
Hunk #11 FAILED at 921.
Hunk #12 FAILED at 977.
Hunk #13 FAILED at 1056.
Hunk #14 FAILED at 1065.
Hunk #15 FAILED at 1078.
Hunk #16 FAILED at 1122.
Hunk #17 FAILED at 1135.
Hunk #18 FAILED at 1157.
Hunk #19 FAILED at 1182.
Hunk #20 FAILED at 1511.
Hunk #21 FAILED at 1571.
Hunk #22 FAILED at 1578.
Hunk #23 FAILED at 1610.
Hunk #24 FAILED at 1935.
Hunk #25 FAILED at 2079.
Hunk #26 FAILED at 2102.
Hunk #27 FAILED at 2243.
Hunk #28 FAILED at 2273.
Hunk #29 FAILED at 2317.
Hunk #30 FAILED at 2362.
Hunk #31 FAILED at 2388.
Hunk #32 FAILED at 2404.
Hunk #33 FAILED at 2414.
Hunk #34 FAILED at 2476.
Hunk #35 FAILED at 2514.
Hunk #36 FAILED at 2530.
Hunk #37 FAILED at 2544.
Hunk #38 FAILED at 2567.
Hunk #39 FAILED at 2875.
Hunk #40 FAILED at 2895.
Hunk #41 FAILED at 2904.
Hunk #42 FAILED at 3008.
Hunk #43 FAILED at 3027.
Hunk #44 FAILED at 3069.
Hunk #45 FAILED at 3083.
Hunk #46 FAILED at 3333.
Hunk #47 FAILED at 3553.
Hunk #48 FAILED at 3666.
Hunk #49 FAILED at 3779.
Hunk #50 FAILED at 3790.
Hunk #51 FAILED at 4013.
Hunk #52 FAILED at 4561.
Hunk #53 FAILED at 4577.
Hunk #54 FAILED at 4602.
Hunk #55 FAILED at 4638.
Hunk #56 FAILED at 4649.
56 out of 56 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file kernel/sched.c.rej
patching file kernel/sysctl.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 613.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file kernel/sysctl.c.rej

where is problem?
Yes, I apply this patch on top of 2.6.10-morph13...
sorry for my English... :oops:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 7 of 31

Jump to: