Is there an ebuild for mingw?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jivera
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Is there an ebuild for mingw? Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone has written an ebuild for mingw configured as a cross-compiler. At school I have to use Windows so on Debian it was nice that they had a package to let me compile at home on linux (since they use outdated compilers at school that don't support all the C++ stuff I'd like them to). I'd be willing to spend the time to write such an ebuild, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has started work on the same thing.

Also, if I wanted to be able to install libraries like STLport or ACE or something (just thinking of anything applicable) for use with cross-compilation too, what would be the best way to do so? Adding a seperate package for each (e.g. stlport-mingw, ace-mingw, etc.) seems like the simplest solution, but I don't know if taking advantage of USE or maybe FEATURE flags would be more appropriate (at first glance they don't appear to be, but I could be wrong - I've only been using gentoo for a few weeks now).
jivera
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... I should take that as a no?
BlackBart
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you do write one submit it as a bug report and they might add it to the portage tree.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: