Free NX Keyboard in Gnome
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thrope
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Free NX Keyboard in Gnome Reply with quote

hello,

I had freenx server working great on my linux box, but somethings changed and I now have a problem - I can't use my keyboard at all through the client [ from windows or linux]

I get some error message:
----------
X server version data:
The XFree86 Project, Inc
You are using XFree 4.3.0.
There are known problems with complex XKB configurations.
Try using simpler configuration or taking more fresh version of
XFree software.
If you report this situation as a bug, please include:
- The result of xprop -root | grep XKB
- The result of gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/peripherals/
keyboard/xkb
----------
and there is no keyboard.

I have isolated it down to a gnome settings problem though - for a start there is only this problem with one user (other users work fine), and it is only with gnome (I can use the nxclient to just launch an xterm, which works fine - it is only when starting gnome-session that the keybaord fails.
I have checked both the commands it lists to try, but they are the same both for the working and non-working user.

Any ideas? the fact that its just bad for one gnome user would normally suggest to me that deleting a session file somewhere might fix it... I've tried with the main session to no avail, but maybe people can offer some other ones to try (maybe related to xkb).

[EDIT:
It seems to be gnome-settings-daemon that is causing the problem. When I kill this the keyboard briefly works in gnome until the process respawns
]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: