Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Tiger Testing
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danathan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Tiger Testing Reply with quote

So I just installed Tiger (from 10.2!) and I decided to get rid of fink in favor of portage, since my other computers are gentoo boxen.

I'm finding that some of the packages that don't have ppc-macos or ~ppc-macos keywords still compile okay... Is there anywhere I should be reporting this? Do packages need to be compilable with a full set of USE flags in order to be considered for keywording?
Danathan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Tiger Testing Reply with quote

For instance, media-libs/lcms-1.11 (ppc stabe) builds fine under Tiger, as does imagemagick, with the following set of use flags:

Code:

[ebuild  N    ] media-gfx/imagemagick-6.2.2.3-r1  +X -cups +debug (-doc) -fpx -graphviz +jbig +jpeg +lcms +mpeg (-perl) +png +tiff +truetype -wmf +xml2 4,611 kB
thing_q3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

instructions here. You can submit a bug assigned to the Gentoo on Mac OS X developer team to notify them that the package works.
Danathan
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing_q3 wrote:
instructions here. You can submit a bug assigned to the Gentoo on Mac OS X developer team to notify them that the package works.

Thanks. I'll definitely do that for lcms. The problem with imagemagick, though, is that there are several USE flags that don't work -- my question is whether or not it's worth it to enter a bug report saying "this package compiles with this set of USE flags, but not with these use flags". Would that package be a candidate for testing, or would it be considered un-keywordable?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: