Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
gcc3 env: imlib build breaks at configure (jpeglib.h etc)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trapni
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject: gcc3 env: imlib build breaks at configure (jpeglib.h etc) Reply with quote

hi,

I know that I have jpeglib.h in /usr/include/ and the `emerbe imlib` breaks at this point of configure anyway. Why?

I am using imlib-1.9.14, but I can remember that I got these error on a different package too. I do also get at this package the configure hint that the sys/shm.h and sys/ipc.h does not exist. Having a quick look into /usr/include/sys/ tells me that I have these files (shm.h and ipc.h).

So what's going wrong here?

please help, 'cuz I can't help my self :)

Best regards,
Christian Parpart.
enesideme
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem and I just can say that the problem has something to do with the path --prefix=/user. If you uncompress and compile the sources with default path (/usr/local) or any else path it will build without any problem but not with --prefix=/usr.
I think we should post on the developpers'mailinglist since the problem is a specific gentoo problem.
trapni
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enesideme wrote:
I think we should post on the developpers'mailinglist since the problem is a specific gentoo problem.

I bed to find some response by the core developer here since I can't post/read any mails until my system is completed *grrr*.

Cheers,
Christian Parpart.
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem is that cpp 3.1 gives a warning when you add -I/usr/include so you should edit the configure file (line 7368) and change CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS -I$includedir -I$prefix/include .. to CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS .. (so remove every instance of /usr/include that's the $includedir and -I/prefix/include and configure works fine. I then used ebuild too compile install and merge the package. When a new version of imlib is realised it will probably contain a fix.

Hope it helps, Alex
trapni
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lx wrote:
problem is that cpp 3.1 gives a warning when you add -I/usr/include so you should edit the configure file (line 7368) and change CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS -I$includedir -I$prefix/include .. to CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS .. (so remove every instance of /usr/include that's the $includedir and -I/prefix/include and configure works fine. I then used ebuild too compile install and merge the package. When a new version of imlib is realised it will probably contain a fix.

Hope it helps, Alex

Well, I removed the jpeglib header check in configure.in and rebuild the configure script using autoconf, rebuild the package dist and its md5. That not fine but works too :)

C y'a,
Christian Parpart.
rac
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From GCC3 to Portage & Programming, chosen over OTG because subject appears to be a broken ebuild.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: