Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
emerge php 4.2.0 --> Where is /usr/bin/php?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: emerge php 4.2.0 --> Where is /usr/bin/php? Reply with quote

I recently emerged php and it seems that only the apache-mod and utilities are installed. /usr/bin/php is missing on my build (actually preventing gtk-php from working...)

Did I miss something?
recluse
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm no experience w/php but you could try a 'updatedb' (as root). Then as your normal user 'locate php'
CMitchell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

recluse wrote:
Hmm no experience w/php but you could try a 'updatedb' (as root). Then as your normal user 'locate php'

from what i've seen, the emerge php doesn't actually compile the php binary, it just uses the libraries.

anybody know how to fix this?
horza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:10 pm    Post subject: Duplicate from another thread Reply with quote

I've seen this question asked and answered already somewhere. From what I remember, the ebuild builds it as an apache module rather than an executable (it's a ./configure option). Rather than alter it and lose built-in PHP support in Apache, the proposed answer was to use the PHP ebuild for Apache PHP support and then download the PHP source code from php.net and build from source separately to build your PHP executable in /usr/bin. Hope this is of help.

Phillip.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: