printing problem with gimp
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kaiza
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: printing problem with gimp Reply with quote

ok, as usual i did'n know where to post my req, but finally i decided that the best forum would be this one.
i've got a HP Deskjet 3820. it should be perfectly supported, according to linuxprinting.org. thanks to the howto in this site i configured my printer correctly. i've got just a problem with gimp. since the version that's included in the portage crashed (segmentation fault, how nice...) i decided to install the developer version, that is, 1.3.11. the latter loads correctly, but i haven't managed yet to get the printing to work. i set the printer according to the ppd file i have obtained with cups (or foomatic, i don't know actually...), so i tell the programme to load /etc/cups/ppd/lp0.ppd. the printer name then becomes lp0 and the printer model is PostScript Level 2 (my model isn't in the list and this one is that, that is selected automatically when i specify my ppd file). when i try to print, unfortunately, i can see this message appear in the terminal:
Code:
 is not a valid dither algorithm
lp: stdin is empty, so no job has been sent.

there's nothing before "is".
what does this message mean, and how can i solve the problem?
thank you for your help. :)

k.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: