Looking for some tips for gentoo on a Tadpole SPARCbook 3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immolo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:05 pm    Post subject: Looking for some tips for gentoo on a Tadpole SPARCbook 3 Reply with quote

Hello I was given a Tadpole SPARCbook 3 as a gift with the following specs:

CPU: microSPARC 50mhz
RAM: 32MB
HDD: 500MB
Plus a ethernet card

Ok so this isn't the most powerful beast going and X isn't going to like the 32MB very much but I could quite easily upgrade to 64MB and this I belive should allow me to enjoy X and fluxbox pretty nicely.

Anyway what I was wondering is if anyone could give me some tips for this system like space saving tips as the lowest drive I've ever had is 6GB so this is going to be a shock to me :P also I've heard the machine has overheating problems in linux is this still true or have some breakthoughs been made and of course getting X to work would be nice as I would like to do some work on it and show it off to some friends.

I'm going to guess that wireless is going to be very hard to get going on this device and probley won't both with it for some time.

Well I guess that is a few questions there but I would be greatful for these tips and would love to own a working gentoo sparc machine.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: