Path issues (among others...)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDevilsJester
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Path issues (among others...) Reply with quote

I started with an x86 Gentoo Installation, it worked perfectly for the past year or more, not a single issue, rock solid.

I purchase an AMD64 MotherBoard/CPU and go for the AMD64 Gentoo. Now I am not an expert linux user, but I know my fair share. The Gentoo64 installation goes fairly smoothly (except for the fact that not a single gentoo cd has ever detected my network card, a thing that all pre packaged distros I have used have done just fine...), however it only took a month for this installation to die. My 32bit apps would start crashing before the even loaded up, many packages wouldnt compile, and I had a circular dependancy blocking issue with portage.

So I decided to start a fresh install, this one hasnt even lasted a day. Sound doesnt work properly, kdm stopped booting up automagically, it wont even find kdm or other apps like that when I type them in the console, I have to specify the exact path to the binary to execute it, I have to run dhcpcd again after boot even though its run during bootup (and is successfull), many apps wont compile, mozilla-firefox-bin (after I updated my profile) crashes when I load it up (although the emerged source version works just fine) and many of my apps are complaining about missing libs (that are not actually missing!). For example, trying to start k3b so I can burn a x86 version of gentoo (because bleeding edge isnt worth this), I get the following error:

Code:
bash-2.05b# k3b
k3b: error while loading shared libraries: libqtmcop.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Although

Code:
bash-2.05b# locate libqtmcop.so.1
/usr/kde/3.3/lib/libqtmcop.so.1.0.0
/usr/kde/3.3/lib/libqtmcop.so.1

I tried un merging arts (thinking kde is trying to use it even though I have it disabled, because I get reports of the sound device already in use), but that didnt fix anything so I tried to put it back, but emerging arts fails to compile....

Anyone help? Atleast so I can use k3b again? Sound fixes would be nice too... (aplay plays mp3s just fine)...
GuidoJ
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look into /etc/ld.conf, all paths to libraries should be listed there.
TheDevilsJester
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have an /etc/ld.conf, I do however have an /etc/ld.so.conf which properly lists the paths to all my libs (among them is the kde and qt paths), I tried to copy this as /etc/ld.conf and nothing changed. ldconfig also doesnt help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: