Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
emerge via curl or wget?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pindar
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: emerge via curl or wget? Reply with quote

Since I have a working wget on my OS X system, I commented out the lines in /etc/make.conf that let OS X use curl for fetching the sources:
Code:
 # The necessary code to make portage use curl instead of wget
#FETCHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/curl --connect-timeout 15 -# -o \${DISTDIR}/\${FILE} \${URI}"
#RESUMECOMMAND="/usr/bin/curl --connect-timeout 15 -# -C - -o \${DISTDIR}/\${FILE}\${URI}"

In /etc/mak.globals, there are these two lines:
Code:
FETCHCOMMAND="/usr/bin/wget -t 5 --passive-ftp -P \${DISTDIR} \${URI}"
RESUMECOMMAND="/usr/bin/wget -c -t 5 --passive-ftp -P \${DISTDIR} \${URI}"

So emerge should be using wget, as in gentoo linux. And I think I remember distinctly that it did for a while. However, with one of the recent upgrades, it ceased to do so, it's still using curl. Does anybody know where else this could be defined? I like to see the information that wget provides.
reddan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why don't you just copy the relevant wget lines from /etc/make.globals to /etc/make.conf ?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: