2.6.11-rc3-no2 "NO SOURCE FOR YOU!!"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldosadmin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: 2.6.11-rc3-no2 "NO SOURCE FOR YOU!!" Reply with quote

Here's the new release, courtesy of Joecool. Nicksched will be in broken-out shortly, so stop flaming us.

If you flame us: NO SOURCE FOR YOU!!!

If you don't flame us: NO SOURCE FOR YOU!!!

:)

(it's the surname for the kernel, it's funny, laugh).

Notes following.

Code:
No-Sources-2.6.11-rc3-no2  "NO SOURCE FOR YOU!"  [Release Notes]

+ 1g_lowmem1_i386.diff                             Support For 1 Gigabyte of memory
+ 2.6.11-config.hz                                 Con Kolivas Kernel Internel Frequency
+ 2.6.11-rc3-no2-np.bz2                            New Nicksched v40 for mm-sources
+ cddvd-cmdfilter-drop.patch                       Burn as non-root
+ cflags-moo.patch                                 Kernel CFLAGS Hack (use at own risk)
+ chmp-r5-FULL.patch                               Configurable  Mouse Polling Patch
+ config-nr-tty-devices.patch                      Set the number of ttys in /dev (Makes for a clean /dev direcorty)
+ mwII.diff                                        Less Swap Usage
+ nvidia_6111-6629_compat2.diff                    For those unfortuante ones that have to live without Gentoo =P
+ mm-sources_nvidia_compat.patch                   This reverses the agpgart patches in mm for nvidia compatibility
+ 2.6.11-rc3-no1-genetics.patch                    This contains genetic-lib patch as-scheduler patch and io-scheduler patch
+ squashfs2.1-patch                                More Filesystem support
+ lufs-0.9.7-2.6.10-rc3-no2.patch                  Yet even more filesystem support
+ daconfig-2.2.0.patch                             DaMouse's Nice Show Name in Menuconfig
+ vesafb-tng-0.9-rc6-2.6.11-rc1.patch              vesafb-tng is a new and more functional version of the vesafb Linux driver.
+ lirc-cvs-20050219.patch                          Its back, and newer fetch   
+ 2.6.11-rc3-mm2-fbsplash.patch.bz2                This not only adds support for fbsplash but reverses the patches hindering 
                                                   the patch from working.

-changes-to-the-i2c-driver-to-support-a-non-blocking-interface.patch  |
-modify-the-i801-i2c-driver-to-use-the-non-blocking-interface.patch   | These Patches were breaking the bttv module

-drm-add-support-for-new-multiple-agp-bridge-agpgart-api.patch  | should fix annoying drm compile failure

- 2.6.11-rc3-no1-genetics.patch ----------------------------------    Not a good idea to leave in with its current status

[NEW]

Slight update from no1, wanted more stability, genetic was yanked due to the fact it was a good idea, but doesn't work well realistically.
   Additionally, the ebuild will now use a diff offa vanilla, which should fix the annoyances of it not patching mm (hopefully).
   If you are a non gentoo user I recommend you apply the smaller patch to mm.

[NEW]

Nickschedv40
           [CPU SCHED] It pretty much speaks for itself.

[NEW]

lirc-cvs-20050219.patch
       latest cvs fetch as of today

Have Fun .
For support join #no-sources @ irc.freenode.org

------------------------
No-Sources CO-Maintainer
joecool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to add, that due to certain situations with the kernel-2 eclass, we cannot provide an ebuild at the moment. Some of you may remember from last release that the ebuild was broken. Well we found the problem, just need to wait on a dev to fix it.

So until then, do it manually. We'll get the ebuild up as soon as the eclass gets fixed. Nicksched will be in broken-out once I get in contact with bzcat-patch_p1.
bzcat_-|patch-p1
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we can go for a no3 after a few fixes and I want to reorganize the menu a little and a few other things if possible. :D
joecool
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured out whats going on with the ebuilds. Gentoo kernel devs were not helpful at all (i did get some help from one non-kernel gentoo dev) , i had to make a patch to the kernel-2.eclass and upload it to to bugzilla. Because it probably won't go in until johnm comes back from vacation, I did a REAL ugly hack to the ebuild, but it does work. :twisted:

bzcat_-|patch-p1, sounds good. Go for it, (it was fun when i relized you made the menu.. i had to rerelease no2 hehe).

I fixed the ebuild for no1 also.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: