View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Catalan language forum?
Yes, I would use a Catalan forum.
62%
 62%  [ 48 ]
Other. My vote isn't relevant, but I feel left out if I don't have an option in polls.
37%
 37%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 77

druha
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad93 wrote:
You don't know what you're saying, sincerely. Catalan is as similar to Spanish as to Italian or Portuguese, all are languages are derivates from latin. And... i want to know who defines a language as political... i don't know what are you trying to say with this.

If it's a matter manpower nothing can be done (at least from my side :( ).

Catalonian is a much closer language to castilian (known as spanish out of spain, not sure if thats the exact name) than the rest of the latin language are between them. I can barely understand an italian text, maybe portuguese is easier, anyway i have to make a big effort to do it. But catalonian is damn easy to read, i can understand it 95%, it is very similar. And going back to the main subject, i think its not that necesary since catalonian is a spanish language, so you can talk it in that forum. Anyway if they make it it will be a cool thing for catalonian speakers.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Support for Catalan Language Reply with quote

perepie wrote:
Why not a language could not have support on this Linux distribution?
Why close the dorr o anyone speaking any minoritarie language?

Thanks.

Pere P.

Read my other posts about our lack of man-power to implement it.
quelcom
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can understand that providing a catalan forum and forum interface in our language means some time to implement,
instead, forum interface is already translated in phpbb.

If Gentoo forum interface means translate into catalan any english template, xml-file or similar we can do it.
We can select 17 languages in user's profile, one language more imply much work?

And I say again, we can translate forum interface or something if is necesary, then only one Administrator must copy something into right place.

Sincerely I believe that we don't give you a bad impresion, isn't our intention.

Cheers
Deathwing00
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quelcom wrote:
We can understand that providing a catalan forum and forum interface in our language means some time to implement,
instead, forum interface is already translated in phpbb.

If Gentoo forum interface means translate into catalan any english template, xml-file or similar we can do it.
We can select 17 languages in user's profile, one language more imply much work?

And I say again, we can translate forum interface or something if is necesary, then only one Administrator must copy something into right place.

Sincerely I believe that we don't give you a bad impresion, isn't our intention.

Cheers

I do speak catalan and could take care of it, but there are more reasons around we still have to consider. Please be patient. Meanwhile, perhaps seeing more active users around would help.
Deathwing00
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CATALÀ:

El grup d'administradors i moderadors globals de Gentoo ha decidit que de moment feu servir el forum genèric 'Other Languages' i que marqueu tots els vostres fils de discusió amb l'etiqueta inicial [CAT]. Per ara mantindrem les vostes conversacions en aquest forum. Si trobem convenient en un futur no necessàriament lunyà crear un forum exclusiu per la llèngua catalan, automàticament hi mourem tots els fils i us ho farem saber.

ENGLISH:

The Gentoo Forums administrators and global moderators have concluded that by now you should use the generic 'Other Languages' forum and asks you to mark each of your discussion threads with the initial tag [CAT]. We will keep your threads in that forum for now. If we think it would be convinient in the future, not necessarily a long-term future, to create an exclusive forum for the catalan language, we will automatically move all the marked threads and will let you know about it.
quelcom
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Català:
Per la meva part estic totalment d'acord amb la iniciativa que heu pres, i crec que tots nosaltres hi estarem d'acord.

De totes maneres si ens poguessis informar sobre el tema d'afegir el català com a interfície del fòrum t'estariem agraïts. Tanmateix entenc que també teniu altres coses a fer.

Moltes gràcies i salut Deathwing00 !

English:
From my part I totally agree with your initiative, and I think all catalans are agree too.

Anyway if you can inform about add catalan to forum's interface we will thank you. Likewise I understand that you have got more things to do.

Thx and cheers Deathwing00 !
Deathwing00
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quelcom wrote:
Català:
Per la meva part estic totalment d'acord amb la iniciativa que heu pres, i crec que tots nosaltres hi estarem d'acord.

De totes maneres si ens poguessis informar sobre el tema d'afegir el català com a interfície del fòrum t'estariem agraïts. Tanmateix entenc que també teniu altres coses a fer.

Moltes gràcies i salut Deathwing00 !

Primerament no tenim el costum d'afegir interfícies si no hi ha primerament un fòrum per a la llengua corresponent. Això, més aviat, vol dir que primer s'han de complir els requisits de tenir un el fòrum exclusiu d'una llengua, no pas altra cosa. També heu de tenir en compte que la interfície suposa un esforç de manteniment per part nostra, més aviat dels administradors, i que no s'implementarà a nos ser que es compleixin els requisits anteriors. De totes maneres, la creació d¡un fòrum per una llengua sol implicar la interfície, al cap de poc temps.

Quote:

English:
From my part I totally agree with your initiative, and I think all catalans are agree too.

Anyway if you can inform about add catalan to forum's interface we will thank you. Likewise I understand that you have got more things to do.

Thx and cheers Deathwing00 !

Firstly, we do not have the habit of adding language interfaces if there is not a forum for the corresponting language. Rather than that, this means that the prerequisites required to be achieved to get a language forum are also required to get the language interface. Additionally, adding a language interface means an additional support effort that has to be carried out by us, or mostly by forum admins, and it will not be implementet if the before mentioned arguments are not achieved. Nevertheless, usually the creation of a language forum implies the language interface in a short period of time if any.
armopu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use a Catalan forum
Corellian
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, I would use a Catalan forum!!
Deathwing00
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, we have pronounced ourselves. If we see that the conditions are appropiate for a forum, we'll do it. There is no reason to keep posting on this thread.

Give time to time... and to us. :)
simkin
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(edited: embarassed)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: