Fujitsu Lifebook S-6110 and ACPI
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rorrim
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Fujitsu Lifebook S-6110 and ACPI Reply with quote

Does anyone use Gentoo (or any Linux distribution) on this notebook? I recently purchased one, and am overall very happy with it. However, ACPI is giving me fits.

APM support has been completely removed from the BIOS, so ACPI is my only choice. I'm running the vanilla 2.4.20 kernel with ACPI and software suspend patches.

I can read the battery status and receive power button and lid close events, but I can't get the notebook into standby or suspend modes. While ACPI reports that it supports S1, S2, and S3, none of these seem to do anything.

It also doesn't seem to be sending any useful events to indicate that it has moved from AC to battery power, so I am unable to automatically lower the screen brightness and step the processor back.

With the software suspend patches, I can send it into hibernation mode. As long as the machine has never loaded X it will work. Once I have started X, the hibernation will still work but I am unable to resume later. I've compared the lists of modules loaded before and after starting X and manually removed the new one (i830.o), but this doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any help would definitely be appreciated. Under Windows, this is a great notebook and I would love to get it working under Gentoo!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: