Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
MacOS X: Fink: ok! Gentoo/Portage: failed!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MMHein
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:58 am    Post subject: MacOS X: Fink: ok! Gentoo/Portage: failed! Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to migrate my MacOS X 10.3.8 from Fink to Gentoo/Portage, but unfortunately this seems to be quite a task!

Packages which are can be compiled and installed perfectly fine under Fink fail with configuration or compilation errors under Gentoo/Portage, even if these packages are explicitly marked as being available for MacOS X.

Most troubles are coming from libtool; there's the original one provided by BSD/MacOS X, which works very similar to ranlib, and accepts a completely different set of command line options than the GNU libtool does (typical error messages: unknown option o in -soname).

And then there's GNU libtool, which results in error messages as well, eg. like unknown option -arch_only (which by the way works perfectly fine with MacOS X's libtool).

Renaming the Mac libtool and using GNU libtool only doesn't work out, neither does the other way round.

With Fink it's no issue at all.

Any ideas?

- Martin
Earthwings
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Portage & Programming. I think you'll get more help here.
sapo_selo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know about the libtool, but i had fink instaled and i could not get gentoo to work while i didn't uninstalled fink...
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: