ebuild attempt - configure not working
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
red_over_blue
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:11 am    Post subject: ebuild attempt - configure not working Reply with quote

Well.... I'm trying to increase my ebuild skills by writing my second ebuild. I noticed that someone was asking for an ebuild of quickdc which is a p2p program. I thought "I'll give that a shot to learn more about creating ebuilds :)"

The INSTALL file states that it uses autoconf, so the ebuild should be fairly easy.

However, the default locations for the qt binaries, libraries, and include files are all wrong.

When I do a ./configure --help the last few lines state:

Code:

--with-qt-dir=DIR       where the root of Qt is installed
--with-qt-includes=DIR  where the Qt includes are.
--with-qt-libraries=DIR where the Qt library is installed.

Here's the problem. In an attempt to get my ebuild working, I'm just trying to compile the source without going through an ebuild.

When I do a "./configure" by itself, it goes ok. However, when I try to do a "make", it complaines that it can't find /usr/share/qt/bin/moc. That's ok, since moc is in /usr/qt/3/bin.

So, I type the following:

Code:

./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/qt/3 --with-qt-includes=/usr/qt/3/include --with-qt-libraries=/usr/qt/3/lib

When I do a "make" again, I get the same error. In fact, I even did an md5sum on the Makefile created by ./configure by itself and ./configure with the arguments for qt, and they are exactly the same.

Now I admit, before I used Gentoo I used an RPM distro, but this is not the first time I am trying to compile something from source.

Someone please tell me that I am doing something totally obvious and I am just being stupid because it is 1:00 AM.
red_over_blue
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even care about quickdc, I just want to know what I am doing wrong.

Has anybody compiled quickdc from source successfully?
fifo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I don't care about quickdc either, but I had a quick look. The ./configure problem seems to be because the download tarball has some stale cached settings that are being used. If you do
Code:

$ make distclean
$ ./configure

then it finds qt fine all by itself. It still doesn't compile though. It complains about a missing qt header file. I think this may be because it isn't compatible with qt-3--have a look at the README file.
red_over_blue
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,

I have never had to do a "make distclean" before... learn something new everyday!

Thanks again.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: