A coule of questions on Sparc ebuilds and ebuilds - Answered
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rsborn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: A coule of questions on Sparc ebuilds and ebuilds - Answered Reply with quote

First the SPARC specific question. If I find a package that is listed as non stable on Sparc, how to I help to get it listed as stable, is it just a matter of testing or is there a formal process.

Now on eBuilds - I have read the howto but am still a bit confused. I want to make a eBuild for a python based app and there really isn't any compilation needed, do I just leave the src_compile function empty or should I exclude it from the ebuild file. Also, for the source install section do I put the "python setup.py install" line here?

thanks,
Rick

Last edited by rsborn on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gecklord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: A coule of questions on Sparc ebuilds and ebuilds in gen Reply with quote

rsborn wrote:
First the SPARC specific question. If I find a package that is listed as non stable on Sparc, how to I help to get it listed as stable, is it just a matter of testing or is there a formal process.

Try adding

Code:
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~sparc"

to your make.conf.
Gecklord
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: A coule of questions on Sparc ebuilds and ebuilds in gen Reply with quote

rsborn wrote:
Now on eBuilds - I have read the howto but am still a bit confused. I want to make a eBuild for a python based app and there really isn't any compilation needed, do I just leave the src_compile function empty or should I exclude it from the ebuild file. Also, for the source install section do I put the "python setup.py install" line here?

I can't give you an answer to this question but check out the "Portage & Programming" forum!
davide-alameda
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: file a bug Reply with quote

If you successfully install and use a piece of software that is marked ~sparc, or perhaps not even marked for sparc, then you can file a bug (check if one is filed first of course) for the ebuild maintainer. Reporting your success.

I think that's the correct procedure. One of the gentoo manuals mentions this (perhaps the FAQ?)
rsborn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys, thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: