squirrelmail, maildir's, and other mailbox folder usage
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmontg1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: squirrelmail, maildir's, and other mailbox folder usage Reply with quote

i'm using maildir format in my home directory to store mail. I have the maildir use flag set, and mail seems to go into my .maildir/new directory correctly. But after a while it disappears from my .maildir totally (it's not in my cur, or tmp folder) and ends up in a "Mail" directory in my home directory that i don't remember creating. It's subfolders are drafts, inbox, outbox, sent-mail, and trash. This is a remote server that i built and am co-locating somewhere. I only log in via ssh, or squirrelmail, or use imap to check/get my mail. why is my mail being moved to that strange directory? is it normal behaviour? is it squirrelmail? I am very curious cause i want to keep all my mail on my server for backup purposes.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have.
Michael
upnix
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using any other mail user agents (other than Squrriel Mail)?

What you've described is what Pine with the Maildir patch tries to do with me. It'll read the mail in the Maildir/new but if you try to filter it with Pine, it'll get put in ~/mail/

Just a thought. Didn't look like anyone else had any ideas.

Chris
mmontg1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: maybe kmail Reply with quote

Every once in a while i vnc into the machine and use kmail. Is that the usual behaviour for kmail? Maybe that's the culprit.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: