Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Ever been laughed at for not using m$ ie ???
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blunt88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Ever been laughed at for not using m$ ie ??? Reply with quote

I need a little outlet for aggression so ya'll get to hear me bitch.

I just placed an order for a fancy new watercooling system to replace the noisy fans that I currently have in the box. This was a two week process. The first time I tried to order, the website could not process my credit card, it gave me an error, and I tried a different card with the same results. I wrote the site a letter, and this it really pissed me off, they never responded. A couple of days ago I tried again, same results, wrote them a letter no fucking response. They call me up yesterday and leave a message that they are deleting my order b/c they havn't received payment (no shit, the site rejected my CCs) . I try again this morning, same results, of course. btw, i don't want to call them since they are in CA and I am just outside DC. I finally breakdown and call, talk to a guy there and they don't seem to understand that the site wouldn't accept anything, and that I never got confirmation of the order or anything so I had no way of knowing that they were waiting for payment, I thought my orders would just dissapear on their own after like ten minutes of inactivity, whatever. I sit on the phone for ten minutes while the guy enters all my info (thank god he had a list of the stuff I wanted), I again try to explain that his site doesn't accept my card, he enters my CC nubmer and all that, it goes through. He then asks if I'm using IE, I say "no, I don't use any by m$".....the asshole laughs at me!!!!!!!!!
he's like no wonder it didn't work.. you have to use IE, like I the dumbshit (well I guess I should of known by the asp pages that it would be due to this). He asks if gates did anything personal to me and a couple of other dumb questions. He said he would send me a couple, I should of told him I needed one for Gentoo, that would have confused him.

I don't really expect (though I wish) companies to do the right thing and actually have web pages that conform to html standards. but that he fucking laughed at me pisses me off. I should have cancelled my order, I might still do it except this seemed like the best watercooled system. I say we make a stand and boycott vendors who force their customers to use IE to order. Why not only accept Diners Club while your at it...
sorry, had to bitch, has anyone else had simalar problems?
oh yeah, and I can't stand those "Best viewed with < some browser >"
wasn't the Idea of the web to allow different platforms to share info?
ARRRGHHH
goddam ms fucking up a great idea that was developed by someonce else like they always do.
perry
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh.. You went through more hassle than I would have put up with. After the CC was declined the first time I would have moved on to a different vendor. And I definitely wouldn't have still ordered from them after they didn't reply to my emails.. Non-responsive when they don't have your money yet.. imagine how they'll get once they do have your money and you have a problem with your order...

And if the guy had laughed at me on the phone, I definitely wouldn't have continued the order. I would have asked for his manager and made it clear why I was cancelling the order.

I guess you're just more patient than I am.
blunt88
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was order from the manufacturer so I could buy parts instead of a kit, and the only place I could find was through manufacturer. So even if I went somewhere else the money still goes to them.
And yes, I am very patient. I get annoyed with the people in lines who complain about the line not moving, not the fact the line doesn't move :D
really
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes. it has happend to me.
i boycott all the pages not allowing others than IE sence like 2000
and i boycott the compnaies involved procuts and services.
as example. Föreningssparbanken (förening = united and the rest is "savebank", in sweden) when i saw they didnt accept any other than IE i closed my account and yelled at them

Get lost before you get shot.
Mnemia
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen several sites with this sort of trouble with processing credit cards in non-IE browsers lately. I can't understand what the hell they are possibly doing that doesn't work in Mozilla...are they using ActiveX or something? Non-standard SSL extensions? If they are I have serious questions about the security of their site. Does anyone know HOW they manage to break all non-IE browsers?
P.S. Someone should post the site name on a script-kiddy forum and let them have at it. I bet if they are using proprietary MS junk in the authentication process someone could rip them off for thousands.
Lovechild
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, by my bank... they only support IE for netbanking, so when I asked them why Konqi was rejected, they answered that I had to upgrade my version of IE and possibly even my version of Windows... I REALLY tried explaining to them that I was using a NONE windows OS, and that they already told me in the bank that as long as I had Java the netbanking stuff should work...
nempo
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

antoe wrote:
as example. Föreningssparbanken (förening = united and the rest is "savebank", in sweden) when i saw they didnt accept any other than IE i closed my account and yelled at them

They don't ? You mean like, they don't give support to users using anything other then IE ?

Anyway, I'm using their online service to manage all my accounts with phoenix and no problems yet.
really
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nempo wrote:
antoe wrote:

They don't ? You mean like, they don't give support to users using anything other then IE ?

Anyway, I'm using their online service to manage all my accounts with phoenix and no problems yet.
Yes, now they do, but they didnt for a looong loong time.
and i could do my stuff by letting konqueror identify itself as IE.
it was just a stupid check for user agent string, if not match IE then goto hell.
(and they dont have support for other not now and didt have that either)

Get lost before you get shot.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: