video capture issues...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vts
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: video capture issues... Reply with quote

I'm sure this topic comes up all the time, but please don't beat me. 8O

I have two problems that may be related. First, I can't seem to capture video (record TV) without the audio/video going out of sync. I have tried a number of programs, of which I don't remember them all right now, and they ALL have this same problem. I'm not sure if 'vcr' has this problem or not because I haven't given it much of a chance. Playback from vcr is upside down, and when I use mplayer -flip the video is filled with garbage. Unwatchable.

Basically, my 3 year old is wearing out/breaking his old VHS tapes frow watching them too much, so I want to capture them to my PC and make VCDs out of them. I also have some VHS tapes of my own that I'd much rather have on VCD/SVCD. So that is the level of quality I'm after. NTSC SVCD is 480x480 29.97fps at about 2,500 kbps video bit rate. Don't care about the codec/format as it can be converted after capture.

The other possibly related issue is that xawtv, for example, complains that grabbing is disabled or unsupported or something (at work now, don't remember the exact message) unless I start it with the -noxv flag. Of course when I start it with -noxv and get it to capture, it drops frames left and right and in playback the sound/video go out of sync.

I should be completely up to date with the last stable XF86, etc. See .sig for system specs.
ATI TV-Wonder VE
Plextor DVD/CDR/CDRW
vts
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btt.

Surely someone is able to capture SVCD quality video without sound/video sync problems?????

Anyone?
ATI TV-Wonder VE
Plextor DVD/CDR/CDRW
mean
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuppelvideo + avidemux ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: