glibc version 2.3.1-r 2 emerge keeps doing csu until killed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kamikaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: glibc version 2.3.1-r 2 emerge keeps doing csu until killed Reply with quote

Hi,

emerge glibc for version 2.3.1-r2 keeps compiling csu over and over untill i kill it.With and without optimalisation in make.conf . Hope someone has an solution cause this keeps me from emerging other packages like iptables. I am running it on an intel p3 computer.

Greetings,
Kamikaze
kamikaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: solved my problem! Reply with quote

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you all know i solved the problem stated above . :D

How i did it:

Since the compile of glibc uses the kernel headers (maybe more, don't know much about it) , i decided use the gentoo kernel instead of the vanilla kernel and see if that would allow me to compile glibc 2.3.1 . After building the gentoo kernel and booting with it, i was indeed able to succesfully compile glibc 2.3.1 .

You could probably switch back to the vanilla kernel after compiling glibc, but i am not sure of that and did not try it myselve cause i want to keep the gentoo kernel and see how it runs on my system. I anyone tries, please let me know how it goes :wink:

Kamikaze

visit http://linuxrelated.net for your daily linux news!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: