Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
syouth
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a strange problem.

I put MPD and MPDScribble to start up with other init-scripts. I log in and start pympc, it shows "Not Connected". I run ncmpc and it connects with MPD without problems. Pympc can't still connect. Then I restart init script:
Code:
# /etc/init.d/mpd restart
 * Stopping Music Player Daemon Audioscrobbler Client: mpdscribble ...    [ ok ]
 * Stopping Music Player Daemon ...                                       [ ok ]
 * Starting Music Player Daemon ...                                       [ ok ]
 * Starting Music Player Daemon Audioscrobbler Client: mpdscribble ...    [ ok ]

and then pympc connects without problems. Is it a bug?
pjj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that problem so that's very strange. Which version of mpdscribble are you running btw? I use 2.5 the ebuild provided on the website was 2.4 (just change the name...). Maybe that helps. PS great program I will also try the sharp version of this one (have to install mono anyway for beagle etc)
andrewski
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pussi wrote:
Btw, are you still going keep updating pympc?
Hi all,
I only quite recently started working on a Python client to replace (for me) GMPC. Only after I got started did I find pympc :P but since oggy is now focusing on mpcsharp, I guess that wasn't effort wasted. I'm only beginning to implement mpd code, so don't come crying if you download it and it doesn't work. (However, suggestions are always welcome.)

Anyway, it's working name is PyGMy and you can see a screenie here:
http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/andrewski/pygmy.png
Here's the playlist manager I'm working on for it (modeled on the GTK file chooser):
http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/andrewski/pygmy-playlist.png

Anyway, oggy, didn't mean to steal your thunder, just wanted to mention my client since people seem to want a Python one. :roll: Geez. :P
predatorfreak
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrewski wrote:
pussi wrote:
Btw, are you still going keep updating pympc?
Hi all,
I only quite recently started working on a Python client to replace (for me) GMPC. Only after I got started did I find pympc :P but since oggy is now focusing on mpcsharp, I guess that wasn't effort wasted. I'm only beginning to implement mpd code, so don't come crying if you download it and it doesn't work. (However, suggestions are always welcome.)

Anyway, it's working name is PyGMy and you can see a screenie here:
http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/andrewski/pygmy.png
Here's the playlist manager I'm working on for it (modeled on the GTK file chooser):
http://joplin.ucsd.edu/~jeff/andrewski/pygmy-playlist.png

Anyway, oggy, didn't mean to steal your thunder, just wanted to mention my client since people seem to want a Python one. :roll: Geez. :P

I'd love to see this project mature, if it included everything I like about gmpc then I'd finally have the perfect client. Right now, MusicSharp is my faviourate. It still requires mono and gtk-sharp, but it doesn't require the other stuff that mpcsharp does.
Chickpea
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an ebuild for mpcsharp-0.3.0? Also, I am not able to build it. Mpcsharp configures okay but it wont "make"

I get this in error:

Code:
mcs -out:mpcsharp.exe ./Connection.cs               ./Cover.cs                  ./Find.cs                  ./GuiWidgets.cs               ./Library.cs               ./MpcSharp.cs               ./Playlist.cs               ./Playlists.cs               ./SettingsEditor.cs            ./Tab.cs                  ./nmusicpd/AssemblyInfo.cs      ./nmusicpd/Callbacks.cs         ./nmusicpd/Client.cs         ./nmusicpd/Errors.cs         ./nmusicpd/Format.cs         ./nmusicpd/Functions.cs         ./nmusicpd/Response.cs         ./nmusicpd/Structs.cs Settings.cs -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/glib-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/pango-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/atk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/gdk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/gtk-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/glade-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/gconf-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/gconf-sharp-peditors.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/gnome-sharp.dll -r:/usr/lib/mono/gtk-sharp-2.0/art-sharp.dll   -resource:../data/glade/cover.glade,cover.glade            -resource:../data/glade/find.glade,find.glade            -resource:../data/glade/gui.glade,gui.glade               -resource:../data/glade/library.glade,library.glade         -resource:../data/glade/playlist.glade,playlist.glade      -resource:../data/glade/settings.glade,settings.glade      -resource:../data/glade/playlists.glade,playlists.glade      -resource:../data/images/next.png,next.png               -resource:../data/images/pause.png,pause.png               -resource:../data/images/play.png,play.png               -resource:../data/images/prev.png,prev.png               -resource:../data/images/random_off.png,random_off.png      -resource:../data/images/random_on.png,random_on.png         -resource:../data/images/repeat.png,repeat.png            -resource:../data/images/stop.png,stop.png
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 56 warnings
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/catherine/mpd files/mpcsharp-0.3.0/src'
./Playlist.cs(467) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnDragDrop( object,  Gtk.DragDropArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(531) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuAdd( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(558) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuSave( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(586) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuDelete( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(595) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuCrop( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(632) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuClear( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(646) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.OnMenuShuffle( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlist.cs(735) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlist.Filter.VisibleFunc( Gtk.TreeModel,  Gtk.TreeIter)' is never used
./Playlists.cs(166) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlists.OnAddActivate( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used[code]
./Playlists.cs(182) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlists.OnPlayActivate( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlists.cs(198) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlists.OnUpdateActivate( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlists.cs(204) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.Playlists.OnDeleteActivate( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./Playlists.cs(31) warning CS0169: The private field 'MpcSharp.Playlists.refreshMenuItem' is never used
./SettingsEditor.cs(212) warning CS0169: The private method 'MpcSharp.SettingsEditor.OnCrossfadeValueChanged( object,  System.EventArgs)' is never used
./SettingsEditor.cs(285) warning CS0169: The private method 'GConf.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditorColorButton.ToByte( uint)' is never used
Compilation failed: 1 error(s), 56 warnings
make[1]: *** [mpcsharp.exe] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/catherine/mpd files/mpcsharp-0.3.0/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
[/code]

I am using the 2.5.5 series of the *sharp* deps
pussi
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chickpea wrote:
Is there an ebuild for mpcsharp-0.3.0? Also, I am not able to build it.
Simply rename the mpcsharp-0.1.1.ebuild to mpcsharp-0.3.0.ebuild amd it should work.

It compiled fine here with *-sharp-1.9.5 deps but not any more with 2.5.5.
elvisthedj
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for doing this oggy :D

I'm just getting started with python and this reinforces my decision to do so. Exactly the kind of app I want to be able to develop with python. Simple UI.. right to the point.

Thx again ;)
andrewski
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, this will be my last OT post... because Pygmy has a home:
http://pygmy.berlios.de/
Cheers! 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: