View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H-Pi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: emerging avifile, errors in Xft.h Reply with quote

when I try to emerge avifile-0.7.15.20020816 (dep from rhythmbox), the build fails and shows some errors:

Code:

In file included from renderer.cpp:50:
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:52: syntax error before `;' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:86: 'FT_UInt' is used as a type, but is not
   defined as a type.
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:93: 'FT_UInt' is used as a type, but is not
   defined as a type.
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:190: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:190: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:295: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:295: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:343: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:380: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:380: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:386: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:386: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:395: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:395: parse error before `,' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:405: parse error before `*' token
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:448: type specifier omitted for parameter `
   FT_UInt'
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft/Xft.h:448: parse error before `*' token
make[2]: *** [renderer.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.15.20020816/work/avifile0.7-0.7.15/lib/video'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.15.20020816/work/avifile0.7-0.7.15/lib'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I thought I read something about modifying xft.h somewhere on this forum, but the search doesn't understand filenames that well, and I can't remember where it was about

I'm running xft version 2.0.1, had the same problem with 2.0-r1
chrish01
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had the same problem...im gonna try to find that new (v 1.0 instead of .6 or so) xft.h file and see if that works.
sa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your problem seems to be that avifile is looking for the xft1 header files, but since the gentoo's xft2 ebuild deletes them, it see the xft2 headers and thinks that they are xft1....

not sure if this helps but at least you know what the problem is...

also, you could check /root/.Xft/ mabey your old xft headers are there, and you could temporaraly switch places with them and the xft2 ones and then switch back after avifile is compiled.

hth,
sa
H-Pi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

today there's a new version of aviplay(0.7.22.20021129) in portage, but now I get another error:

Code:

/bin/install -c -m 644 ./aviplay.1 /usr/share/man/man1/aviplay.1
ACCESS DENIED  open_wr:   /usr/share/man/man1/aviplay.1
/bin/install: cannot create regular file `/usr/share/man/man1/aviplay.1': Permission denied
make[3]: *** [install-man1] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.22.20021129/work/avifile0.7-0.7.22/doc'
make[2]: *** [install-man] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.22.20021129/work/avifile0.7-0.7.22/doc'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.22.20021129/work/avifile0.7-0.7.22/doc'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

!!! ERROR: media-video/avifile-0.7.22.20021129 failed.
!!! Function src_install, Line 90, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

--------------------------- ACCESS VIOLATION SUMMARY ---------------------------
LOG FILE = "/tmp/sandbox-avifile-0.7.22.20021129-20553.log"

open_wr:   /usr/share/man/man1/aviplay.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kENNy_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:41 pm    Post subject: ok, its not only my problem Reply with quote

I have got the same problem :(
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:08 am    Post subject: I have a different problem... Reply with quote

But it´s still a problem with avifile:

Code:
c++ -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o .libs/aviplay actioncfg.o main.o playercontrol.o decoder_config.o configdialog.o configdialog_impl.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib  ../libavqt/.libs/libqavm.so -L/usr/qt/3/lib -lqt-mt ../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so -lz -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lslang /usr/lib/libSDL.so /usr/lib/libesd.so /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so -lm /usr/lib/libasound.so /usr/lib/libaa.so -lpthread -lSM -lICE -lXinerama -lXv -lXrender -lXft -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lnsl -ldl
../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so: undefined reference to `audio_init'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [aviplay] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.27.20030122/work/avifile0.7-0.7.27/player'

!!! ERROR: media-video/avifile-0.7.27.20030122 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 148, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

I tried compiling it with a couple different USE flags (ie, with and without QT support) and it just barfed with the same error in a different place.

Is it just broken, or what?
Ladius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Try this Reply with quote

Okay got this error myself, here's a log of what I did.

First a test of emerge "emerge -p avifile" showed qt should be installed before avifile which did occur. I did not at the time have "qt" in my "/etc/make.conf" file. Having had this problem for the last couple days I figured I'd try again with my newly clean system and it failed at the point quoted by sarnold above.

Okay, so its having problems so I thought lets try this manually and I went into the temp working directory at "/var/tmp/portage/avifile-X/work/avifile-X/". Did "make distclean" to try and "./configure". This went through but threw up errors about not being able to find qt's headers and libraries.

Did a "env-update" and verified that qt was found in my "/etc/ld.so.conf", it was. So I looked at the output of "./configure --help", avifile appears to try and autodetect the libraries it can build in so for some reason its not finding qt.

Just to make sure and tried "./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/qt/3". This went through configure without giving me any errors regarding finding the qt libraries. Following this I did a manual make and it did complete without any problems. Unlike the results of previous ebuild which have failed with the "undefined reference to audio_init" error.

In my "/etc/make.conf" I had "-qtmt" in the "USE" variables, though when I put in "qt" along with "-qtmt" I still got this error. Removing the "-qtmt" and just having "qt" in my "USE" variable gives the same error as well.

I've started some hacking on the ebuild file for this as I suspect avifile is either being told or not told the correct information about qt. I'll let you know if I come up with anything (or at the very least I hope this helps others in their quest for a solution).
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 6:53 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Okay, thanks for doing the homework that I didn't have time to do (last night was the first night of class, which I was busy getting ready for...).

I'm still a noob, but I think the ebuild file has the capability of passing specific parameter settings to configure (ie, the equivalent of --with-qt-dir=/usr/qt/3).

IIRC, there are plenty of examples in the e17-cvs ebuild. I'm trying to figure out how to setup a portage overlay for my own ebuild files, so this is probably a good opportunity to try that out.

I'll try and take a look at that tonight after work (unless you beat me too it ;-)

Steve

But setting the QT dir in the ebuild just seems like a workaround for the underlying issue (ie, why doesn't the avifile configure pick up the qt-dir path correctly?), but that's above my current paygrade...
Ladius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: After Hacking and Some sleep... Reply with quote

Couple of updates on my end. Was up until about 4am hacking on this without success yet BUT I know for sure the error is being introduced via the ebuild file for this build. In total frustration I ran a manual configure and make. This was totally successful and installed without a problem.

I have come to the conclusion the ebuild is at fault, I don't believe the ebuild applying patches to the avifile distribution is at issue because those wouldn't have been removed by me doing a "make distclean" in the src directory of avifile.

Facts in evidence round up.

1) emerge avifile for 0.7.27.2003.... doesn't work and errors out fatally
2) the same source using what should be the same environment variables cleaned up (make distclean) and then configured using "./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/qt/3" finishes the configure process without errors and builds without errors as well
3) at some time last night doing a distclean in the src directory and just a plain "./configure" resulted in the same build results found in fact 2 :!: :!:

Somehow, the ebuild isn't getting the correct environment variables and thusly isn't building avifile correctly. QT I think is related but it may just be the tip of the iceberge. What I suspect is that the ebuild is confusing itself with all the different declarations involving "/etc/make.conf" use variables. In intial testing of this theory I removed the check for "freetype" in the ebuild file which resulted in a good configure but failed compile (same error as normal).

I had to get some sleep so I stopped at that point.

As far as setting up the portage overlay just uncomment the "/usr/local/portage" line in your "/etc/make.conf" then make sure the directory exists itself. Put your ebuilds in that directory, ie for avifile you'd likely have the path "/usr/local/portage/media-video/avifile/avifile-test.ebuild" or something similar
it will want you to do a ebuild <file> digest before you can use it but that should work. I'm still cutting teeth on emerge and ebuilds so YMMV.

Brian
zhenlin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quickfix: mv /usr/include/Xft /usr/include/Xft2; ln -s /usr/include/Xft1 /usr/include/Xft

When you're done emerging, change the symbolic link back. If you don't want to muck around with /usr/include directories, find a ./configure option for defining Xft directories.
Ladius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Doesn't work for me Reply with quote

Did a quick search and the only xft1 libraries or headers inplace on my system reside in /usr/X11R6 directory. Specifically I've only got 2.0 libraries and headers save one instance of "libXft.so.1.1".

I'm not sure about any others and this system is a clean install but at least for me your solution doesn't work.

I've not had time to wade through this anymore work is keeping me a bit busy but perhaps this weekend I can look at it more. I still suspect the problem is related directly to the ebuild file because a manual configure/make works, but the use of the ebuild doesn't. I've not read much into emerge or ebuild but I assume they are pulling in the same environment variables my non-modified shell environment would have.
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:38 pm    Post subject: Any movement? Reply with quote

Have you had any luck with this one yet? I've been busy too, so I haven't looked at it much either this week (but I did get e17 built last night, and my setup hacked a little).

I think you're right though; the ebuild should work, but it's not picking up all the right environment settings (and I'm not enough of a portage guru to know where to look).

I'll try and play with it this weekend too, but I also have many other things on my plate...

Steve
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohohoh. I had the same error, and after some devastating editing in the ebuild, I decided to restore it from rsync, and try again. But instead, it updated avifile, from 0.7.27.20030122 to 0.7.17.20030130
Maybe you don't have to tweak your ebuilds after all. Test-merging now, will reply with results later.

One question: How could you relate the error to qt? It always found qt for me, and it configured it thesame in normal make as in emerge, even though emerge didn't work.
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang. It still sucks.
Quote:

/bin/sh ../../libtool --mode=link c++ -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o avicat avicat.o ../../lib/libaviplay.la -L/usr/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lSM -lICE -lXinerama -lXv -lXrender -lXft -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lnsl -ldl
c++ -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o .libs/avibench benchmark.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib ../../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so -lz -L/usr/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib /usr/kde/3/lib/libartsc.so -lslang /usr/lib/libSDL.so -lartsc /usr/lib/libesd.so /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so -lm /usr/lib/libasound.so -lggi /usr/lib/libgii.so /usr/lib/libgg.so -lvga /usr/lib/libaa.so -lpthread -lSM -lICE -lXinerama -lXv -lXrender -lXft -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lnsl -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/kde/3/lib
../../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so: undefined reference to `audio_init'
make[2]: *** [avibench] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
c++ -g -O2 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -pipe -o .libs/avicat avicat.o -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib ../../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so -lz -L/usr/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib /usr/kde/3/lib/libartsc.so -lslang /usr/lib/libSDL.so -lartsc /usr/lib/libesd.so /usr/lib/libaudiofile.so -lm /usr/lib/libasound.so -lggi /usr/lib/libgii.so /usr/lib/libgg.so -lvga /usr/lib/libaa.so -lpthread -lSM -lICE -lXinerama -lXv -lXrender -lXft -lXxf86vm -lXxf86dga -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lnsl -ldl -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/kde/3/lib
../../lib/.libs/libaviplay.so: undefined reference to `audio_init'
make[2]: *** [avicat] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.27.20030122-r1/work/avifile0.7-0.7.27/samples/misc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/avifile-0.7.27.20030122-r1/work/avifile0.7-0.7.27/samples'

!!! ERROR: media-video/avifile-0.7.27.20030122-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 156, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)

Different line, same error. How quaint. Guess I have to excercise some ebuild hacking myself then. :?
Ladius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:24 am    Post subject: Re QT Reply with quote

Well, I after doing the ebuild a couple of times, I canceled the ebuild just when it starting on the make process. Having installed/compiled lots of software on Solaris systems (where "interesting"* times can be had with path's , libraries and includes) I've learned to really watch any configure processes that I'm running.

Looking back into the configure lines I noted that qt wasn't found. Thats when I did some fiddling and tried compileing it from the var work directory manually as well as hacking on the ebuild file. I also made sure that qt (even though it was installed) was listed in my USE variables something that it wasn't at the time.

Still no joy, I'll try and use the new avifile that you mentioned is available.... maybe luck is smiling in my direction

* Interesting in the chinese curse sense of the word
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new was really 0.7.27.20030122-r1 but was called 0.7.27.20030130, I think, not seeing it before me.
It had some neat changes in the ebuild, but they didn't do shit. So I'll gather up some spare time when I can, and create my own, see if I can make it work this time. Btw, I get the error, even though it recognizes my qt path, and capabilities. I even tried to switch the /usr/kde/3/ and /usr/kde/3.1/ folders, no luck there. Maybe it isn't qt playing up, gonna closeread the log once more, now that I'm not dead tired.
Good luck to you, if you have the same prob. Will post an ebuild, as soon as it compiles.
Ladius
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:08 am    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

As I said above I suspect its not qt anymore but rather environments not picking up properly...

ebuild fails
manual ./configure & make works producing a useable avifile

for me this limits the errors to either my environment or the ebuild..... unless I'm totally missing something (it is 210am so... thats not totally impossible)
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well I can relate to that. I'll have to reboot into gentoo and start modding now..
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I removed all configure options, but the linker's options at the end, and tada! It bloody worked! Shall I upload a testing ebuild? It might not work, but it certainly did for me! Whee!
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://81.8.176.135/~mud/avifile-0.7.27.20030122-r1.ebuild
Try it, and please do change it if it sucks. :)
It should configure and compile without errors, I got some warnings for alocal, but that is selfinflicted.
Please tell me if it works, I would be so proud.. my first ebuild! :D
sarnold
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: it's going now... Reply with quote

Okay, I'm trying it now. I'll let you know how it comes out...

Steve

Update: it worked for me too (but I didn't even look in your ebuild; I was busy and I just merged it and checked it later).

Thanks!

Steve
charlieg
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:18 am    Post subject: Hmm Reply with quote

I'm getting this error too.

Open source web-enabled rich UI platform: Vexi
darktux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm Reply with quote

charlieg wrote:

Have you tried with the ebuild mentioned above? I'm going to try it out now.

www.tuxslare.org - My reborn website :P
darktux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmm Reply with quote

darktux wrote:
charlieg wrote:

Have you tried with the ebuild mentioned above? I'm going to try it out now.

It worked :lol:

www.tuxslare.org - My reborn website :P
pilo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arghle. Now they released a new version with the new portage, and it fails the same way. How nasty, now I have to strip that one too. I'm getting seriously pissed with this avifile matter. Well, I'm glad it worked for some one else too, my work was not in vain. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: