ebuild install detects changes to .ebuild and starts over :(
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:14 am    Post subject: ebuild install detects changes to .ebuild and starts over :( Reply with quote

What I'd REALLY like and maybe someone can help me out... is when testing a newly created ebuild...
Code:
ebuild xxx.ebuild compile
ebuild xxx.ebuild install

Often the install isn't up to par (didn't get all the files where I want them)... so I have to change the .ebuild and then try again, problem is portage DETECTS my changes and starts from SCRATCH... which might be good in most cases, but in my specific case I just want it to re-try the image creation (install) step.

I'm just wonder if there is an EASY way to do this. If not I have my own ideas about how to hack it by creating a simply utility to "fix" everything so it doesn't appear changed.
sa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only thing i can think of is to use `touch -r /var/tmp/<location of work dir> your_ebuild.ebuild` so that the modification time is the same on both... however you might have to change the ebuilds mod time so that it is older.. see `man touch` for details...

hth,
sa
dreamer3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sa wrote:
the only thing i can think of is to use `touch -r /var/tmp/<location of work dir> your_ebuild.ebuild` so that the modification time is the same on both... however you might have to change the ebuilds mod time so that it is older.. see `man touch` for details...
Figured it out... it has nothing to do with the time timestamp of the tempary building directory... Portage stores the timestamp of the actual ebuild SOMEWHERE... writing a wrapper that always makes sure the time on an ebuild stays the same worked wonders.
i
/bin/ebuild - wrapper code
Code:
#!/bin/bash
if [ $1 = "-n" ] ; then
        shift
        touch -t 200201010000 $1
fi
/usr/sbin/ebuild $@
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: