A work around for the Plamsa 5 Panel crashing problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
<3
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: A work around for the Plamsa 5 Panel crashing problem Reply with quote

For years, ever since the move KDE/Plasma 5 I have had this issue where the KDE panel would not appear, I have made a few post on the Gentoo forums about this issue, no one ever seemed to offer a solution that worked. Eventually I noticed that if I logged out of plasma shell then logged in again some times the panel would magically appear. The problem was that this was a huge inconvenience. So I decided it would be easier to just move to another WM, so faor the last few years I have been exclusively using XFCE. While XFCE is great it leaves a lot to be desired.

Recently I decided to give KDE/plasma 5 another shot and when I saw that the issue was still present on my computer I went to google to see if anyone hadthe same issue or had posted a remedy for this.

The other day I came across this post which although isn't the prettiest solution it does seem a lot easier than loging out and logging back in (although it isn't that much different).

I make this post in case anyone is dealing with this issue and does not know how to fix it. You might want to try this solution out.

https://www.addictivetips.com/ubuntu-linux-tips/fix-kde-plasma-panel-crash/

Last edited by <3 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Zucca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject: Moved Reply with quote

Moved from Desktop Environments to Documentation, Tips & Tricks.
Quote:
I am NaN! I am a man!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: