View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although this particular incident didn't cause severe damage, an other (future) mistake can cause permanent damage. As stated above I think that it's the doctor's first intention to handle in the patients best interest and going to the bank isn't, everybody knows that general anesthesia is very critical, and the longer an operation the more risk of something going wrong. Seeing he put a patient at risk he should be punished, the patient however should not be rewarded for it (paying for damage done is not rewarding, but paying an enormous sum of money is).

Just the fact that a doctor goes to the bank while his patient is under general anesthesia proves that the doctor doesn't take the risks of his job seriously, so no he shouldn't be fined he should be prohibited of putting other peoples health / lives in danger.....

Cya lX.
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lx wrote:
... it's the doctor's first intention to handle in the patients best interest ... general anesthesia is very critical, and the longer an operation the more risk of something going wrong. Seeing he put a patient at risk he should be punished
I think we are basically in agreement. I'm not a Dr, so I was suggesting that judgement of wrongdoing should be based on professionals (i.e. other doctors).

Quote:
the patient however should not be rewarded for it (paying for damage done is not rewarding, but paying an enormous sum of money is).
Agreed. However, paying an enormous sum doesn't have to translate to the patient receiving all of it. In other words, it could be determined that the patient should receive X amount of money. As part of the punishment, the Dr should pay X+Y, where Y monies are funneled elsewhere (such as care for uninsured, or similar).

Quote:
Just the fact that a doctor goes to the bank while his patient is under general anesthesia proves that the doctor doesn't take the risks of his job seriously, so no he shouldn't be fined he should be prohibited of putting other peoples health / lives in danger.....
If a Dr has had a long career with minimal complaints/errors/negligence, I would suggest that one minor error in judgement should not end his/her career.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
lx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kanuslupus wrote:
If a Dr has had a long career with minimal complaints/errors/negligence, I would suggest that one minor error in judgement should not end his/her career.

Well although we agree, I don't agree that this a minor error. When somebodies health or live is in danger, you can't afford errors, and you should certainly avoid any extra risk.

It's the attitude that bother's me, you can't allow this attitude in situation where somebodies health is concerned. You can't protect him on the bases of his good career, cause it's apparent that his attitude toward helping people changed, he thought going to the bank was more important then the health of his patient. He has become careless and isn't suited anymore c.q. needs to get his act together, to protect future patients you can't let this doctor practice,......

Cya lX.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: